The Corroboree
solomon

Help moderating my pot intake

I should be reading all this over and over you guys that quit it, you quit it for good?

you never blaze up once in a while? how come?

Some great opinions and knowledge thanks

didn't know about the vaporiser thing, bit expensive though...

and yeah

smoking too much pot is not the worse one can do

but when it's an obstacle, it might be the best thing to do with your life to quit it, like obtuse said!

wish me good luck guys, and send some positive vibes towards wetty automn in southern greece.

i'm really not at my best times

i have quit at times for up to five years,

at times only for a bit less than two years,

i managed aswell at times to realy moderate my pot intake.

pot is so much safer than prescription drugs, and aswell much easier to quit!

for example if you travell, you will not feel the withdrawl much at all.

withdrawl from pot is minor compared to nicotin withdrawl.

for example if you travell, you will not feel the withdrawl much at all.

true

thats because when you travel you get off your routine and routine is the basis of the extreme cases when we can talk about 'pot addiction'

An occasional joint is about as addictive as an occasional chocolate bar. As long as somebody doesn't start smoking every day (and sticks to chemical-free outdoor), I don't think they've got anything to worry about.

@Mutant; yeah change of scenery like going on holiday or whatever is a great way to distract from wanting Mary. I tend to just use out of boredom or wanting to enhance a funny movie; nothing to do with escapism personally.

post-3543-128808215932_thumb.gif

*takes deep breath*

BWAHAHAHA!

Oh yeah, been there.

I don't know who it was, but thank for suggesting a vapouriser. I just used my new electrical one and the portable glass dome one for the first time and this is some serious change. The aroma and taste were great.

I don't know who it was, but thank for suggesting a vapouriser. I just used my new electrical one and the portable glass dome one for the first time and this is some serious change. The aroma and taste were great.

nice one, what model is it? don't forget to save the vaped herb for baked goods! you can even just eat it without cooking in oil or whatever as the heat `activates' the THC.

stashbox vaporiser and vapo 2

hey, any ideas on what could also be vaporised, theoretically?

Edited by mutant

here's a list of vaporistation temperatures for common aromatic herbs from S&B:

vape guide

theoretically various alkaloid extracts should go well in vaporisers too.

fucker. I cracked the vapo 2 glass with the torch. so much for the astro age unbreakable glass.

is there a really unbreakable one, or should I get the same and use a normal lighter or a smaller torch [what I used was pretty strong and I was probably careless watching a film while heating it up.... and be more careful ???

Be careful with vapes, not all are created equally. You don't want to be inhaling plastic/lead etc from cheap Chinese units for example. You also want to be able to control temp well to keep the lowest possible temp whilst still getting the desired effects.

The Volcano is a good quality unit, but it sure as hell makes partying and consuming too much way too easy...

I think one of the reasons the Aromed has been so successful for me is that it is not toooo easy to use. It is not hard either, but it doesn't encourage you to have more as such.

I keep it out in my shed so I have to go outside to have a top up, also effective in saving me from over consuming. Like someone else said, make a habit of only having any pot after 9pm if you work during the day, or when you have all of your shit done.

One small "cone" on the Aromed gets me high for a few hours - I used to smoke 2 non-mixed joints of killer per session minimum.

Edited by solomon

Nice work bro! :)

It'll make the future casuals that much more special too.

im an all or nothing kinda smoker. havent smoked for around 8 weeks now.

i just had to give up. cold turkey. hell for 2 weeks but after that u seem to get over it, and ur brain gets used to operating clean.

got out into the garden more to occupy my time and obsessed over nutrition for a while.

I smoked alot of weed in my teens and early twenties. Couple of grams a day. Still managed to hold down study and a job until one day I realised that I didn't like being stoned. Since that day I have smoked maybe twice in 8 years and hated it each time. I can say with confidence that I will probably never smoke weed again. Maybe once every 10 years if I can find natchi to see if it is enjoyable.

My girlfriend on the other hand loves her weed. She isn't a big drinker so I guess thats her vice. At one stage she was going through a half O a week. Over time she cut down to a gram a day and now only smokes on the weekends. To do this a specific amount was weighed out per day to make the weed last a certain amount of time. Then gradually reduce the amount smoked each day until you only smoke every second day.

Also, sitting around the house does not help!! You need distractions.