The Corroboree
kindness

SAB camp - bush south east nsw

Hey -

Just gauging interest here of whether any of you funky people are up for a camp somewhere near the far south coast of NSW sometime near the begining of spring or end of winter?

I have visited the area alot of times and think it is a very beautiful spot and would love to head down there with a bunch of crew from here on the forums. I know quite a few lovely spots where we could camp without any bother at all :)

Depending on what you peeps are into we could either hike into a spot, (for those who are keen on really getting off the beaten track and seeing the bush as it was/is) or we could car camp near beaches / estuaries - always good fishing and shellfish gathering country (num num's :) or we could head to the mountains / forests and have some nice car camping and fires... whatever you reckon?

I know there are crew from the ACT on here and maybe some of you want to jump in some cars from Melb's and Syd and head down too? Could be a great way to bring in the new year of growth and generally have a freaking good time?

I am happy to work out logistics etc... just need to work out whether anyone has the energy to jump in cars and make this thing happen?

so... let the discussion begin - or not :)

long drive for you OL! Good to see your keenness though :)

I will wait for a few more hits of interest and then start throwing around some dates that suit everyone.

long drive for you OL! Good to see your keenness though :)

I will wait for a few more hits of interest and then start throwing around some dates that suit everyone.

lol nah not that far, living in Sydney atm. But might have to be back in Vegas around election time and until the end of August.. So if we're throwing around dates, Septemberish would be goodish innocent_n.gif.

Anyone in canberra thats keen! and I hope all the posse is!

I know have my 8 seater kombi van so if you need a lift hit us up!

Ill be there with bells on!

Absolutely yeh- im in the berra and will chip in for fuel :)

Maybe, will depend on the dates.

if canberrians come through my parts id be stoked to hitch a ride!!

I may be up for it . but will have to confirm when dates are figured out.

how about the 14/15 of aug or the 21/22 of august? It will still be nice and crisp out and there will be bugger all tourists around....

open to any negotiations.

I would again like to state that I am more than happy to set this gig up in terms of firewood, getting everyone to the right spot, and making sure the spot is a wonderful one for everyone who puts in the effort to come and meet other sabbers that can't make it to the sydney, melbourne, wa or qld meets.

peace

edit: OL - just re-read the thread reason I put in dates in August is coz I will be off my tit's busy until the end of the year and wanna get a meet happening pretty soon.

Edited by meanies

No worries meanies, have to see what dates everyone decides on. 14/15th of August gets my vote

how about the 14/15 of aug or the 21/22 of august? It will still be nice and crisp out and there will be bugger all tourists around....

I think I heard this morning that the next election will be voted on the 21 August?

Anyone in canberra thats keen! and I hope all the posse is!

I know have my 8 seater kombi van so if you need a lift hit us up!

Ill be there with bells on!

Wicked man. That's awesome.

14/15 of August it shall be then.

bump for interest and see how many people we get interested :)

okay I'm double posting here a bit... but can we get a bunch of 'yeps' on this thread as to who is interested. Maybe along with the 'yep' you peeps could say 'mountains' or 'beach' we got's both options where I'm thinking of :)

love

Myself, Icecube, mby tb303, tash who came to oberon..... then I think rohan, bread filter and a few others are keen we may have a friend from brissy comming down to come

Hopefully there is a good turnout!

What about P.D's camping trip, wouldnt they both be around the same time and in the same general area?

Sounds like it would be better to join both events together?

@tripyamine... sweet :) will start a pm sesh soon around actual sites. Might wait another week or two to see if there is additional interest :) So are you, (and yr mates) keen on beach or mountains for camping?

@andyamine - nah man, that one is pretty far away both geographically and timewise. I'm gonna try and make it to that one as well, but yeah, that is in summertime and a fair way off :)

@tripyamine... sweet :) will start a pm sesh soon around actual sites. Might wait another week or two to see if there is additional interest :) So are you, (and yr mates) keen on beach or mountains for camping?

Both sound good but the beach sounds very interesting. Up to others though, it doesn't really bother me :)

im keen, getting there be thy hassle

@incog

If you need a lift and can get to Canberra or are on the way you can jump on our magic bus

Yep, I've just been a bit out of sorts over the last while...

As stated above - on the weekend of the 14th and 15th of Augusto.

I haven't received any pm's about where peeps are keen on camping.

peace

edit: oh we have a +1 for the beach as stated by Icecube above. I have also decided that I don't really want to be seen to be responsible for this camp or anything in anyway other than saying lets get together somewhere beautiful and that I know some really nice spots down that way...

double peaced

Edited by meanies

:) now that is sounding sweet :) okay... if fishing be part of the overall goal I will include that in the thought around spots... anything in particular you wanna target tripyamine? Like you wanna go for estuary or beach species?

I also NEED to get an idea of how many people are definitely coming along. Correct me if I'm wrong but so far we have 9 peeps keen? :) sounds fun

um... it would also be nice to get some conversation happening around people's idea of a good camp. Personally I find the best spots are the ones that you gotta walk into, but that means carrying everything on your back :) this will probably not suit everyone... although I can think of a farking brilliant spot for us all to go to if you people were keen on hiking in.

OR.... (and I'm getting excited about this one) is anyone into kayak / canoeing, and have a couple that they can bring along?

or... and this might just be the easiest option, we go the car camp sites. This may well be the easiest option for everybody and I can think of a spot that allows for both beach and estuary fishing :)

I'm personally looking forward to this :) hope you are all getting psyched too :)