The Corroboree
bℓσωηG

2,700 yr old shaman found buried with stash

Decent sized stash too.

Cool story

I was wondering what proof there was that he was a shaman. He had a lot of other stuff with him that indicated he was an accomplished hunter and horseman too.

Is anyone with a big bowl of ganga a shaman ?

If so I know a few shaman.

They did say he had a medicine bag too, but in those days you couldn't duck down to chemist works and get a prescription filled, so a lot of people had a wider knowledge of medicinal plants than today.

They also said he had blue eyes............. that the dope stayed green but no-one would feel its effects today due to degradation by time, ummm 'hey, what are you guys upto, whats that your smokin', errr just some old shit we found...

How did they know that he was blue eyed ?. Interesting none the less.

Cool story

Is anyone with a big bowl of ganga a shaman ?

seems to work around here.. :wink:

:slap:

How did they know that he was blue eyed

Although it doesn't say it in the text, i think the shamans body was as well preserved as his stash.

Blue eyes & blond hair are even today not that uncommon in Central Asia.

Interesting that the Turfan oasis is still one ov the few places where hash is made in China, &

Xinjiang, is considered an original source of many cannabis strains worldwide.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/Researchers_find_oldest-ever_stash_of_marijuana.html

Although it doesn't say it in the text, i think the shamans body was as well preserved as his stash.

Blue eyes & blond hair are even today not that uncommon in Central Asia.

Interesting that the Turfan oasis is still one ov the few places where hash is made in China, &

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/Researchers_find_oldest-ever_stash_of_marijuana.html

Ok, but they only show a skull so I would have guessed that they found a caucasion skeleton [from shape of bones etc], and suspect blue eyes or have done some DNA testing on the bones or something like that, but I know nothing of how they determined this. Quote" The tomb belonged to a blue eyed caucasion man who died at the age of 45" it also states that the man was found as a dis-articulated skeleton with evidence of a leg wound and that the skeleton at his feet is thought to be a female sibling.

Edited by dworx

they only show a skull

all the other reports say the found a mummy, maybe there was still hair intact, i know there have been at other excavations. there have been over a hundred now.

Fully-preserved mummies showing clear Nordic facial structure, including red, and blond hair, were first discovered in the graveyards of the Tocharians in the Chinese Takla Makan desert back in the 1980′s. In January of this year, archaeologists using genetic testing have proven that Caucasians roamed China’s Tarim Basin 1,000 years before East Asian people arrived.

In fact, this new discovery of marijuana at a Caucasian grave site in China is not the first. That distinction goes to a 2,800 mummy who was discovered back in 2003. Archeologists at the time discovered a sack of marijuana leaves alongside the mummy.

http://www.therightperspective.org/2008/11/29/2700-year-old-blond-haired-blue-eyed-mummy-found-in-china/
the Gsh culture (later rendered Jüshi, or Cheshi) (Academia Turfanica, 2006). The first written reports concerning this clan, drafted about 2000 years BP (before present) in the Chinese historical record, Hou Hanshu, described nomadic light-haired blue-eyed Caucasians speaking an Indo-European language (probably a form of Tocharian, an extinct Indo-European tongue related to Celtic, Italic, and Anatolic (Ma and Sun, 1994). The Gsh tended horses and grazing animals, farmed the land and were accomplished archers (Mallory and Mair, 2000).
http://jxb.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/59/15/4171

Nabraxas, wasn't trying to knock you down, I have edited the post as I went back to the slide show and read it again, It is interesting stuff, wasn't just skull and wasn't just one skull / skeleton. Thanks for the extra links I will enjoy reading them. It sort of proves that we who chose to use are simply following spiritual tradition. We call them shaman, maybe, they might just enjoyed the perception change as we do now and it helped them figure themselves out - a spirituality of sorts.