The Corroboree
incognito

.ANALYSE ME.

anyhoo had this dream again last night, its such a sad and hopeless dream. i had this EXACT dream two yrs ago, and affected me in much the same way.

anyways im walking uo this really grey, colourless street. t=its a suburban street, and im walking uphill, along this windy uphill grey road. im forever turning corners, but i seem to know im walking toward somewhere i need to go.

anyways this is like a black and white dream lol. Anyways to the left and right of me HUGE telegraph poles appear, and as i walk along ELEPHANTS are appearing hanging from the telegraph poles by their tails. Its as if they have been put there, to die. I know and feel that the elephants are in agony, and are slowly dying from suffication, akin to being crucified.

I really empathise with the elephants, i see their big sad eyes. Though i know theres nothing i can do, to get them down. nothing i can do. so i keep walking, up this black and white winding uphill road, and as i walk, more and more elephants appear, hanging upside down from the telegraph poles. The further i walk the more appear on the sides of the road, and deeper the feelings become of the hopelessness of their suffering, and the greater the empathy i feel toward them and thier torturous fate, until it is so great that i feel that their anguish becomes mine, and i can no longer bear it. This is when i awaken, feeling extremely shaken, and sad, and it takes me a while to bring myself back out of this feeling of hopeless anguish.

i recently told a friend this dream, and she seemed to think that elephants represent luck in dreams?? that would make this dream even more odd to me. i dont see how luck fits into this picture.

What say ye? closet Jungs out here?

Edited by incognito

elephants does represent luck in dreams any more than star signs determining your future... but if you believe it than positive thinking will bring luck.

Its true

There are so many suffering in hopeless agony.

It is true that there is nothing you can do to help them.

In this way of looking at it, empathy is a double edged sword.

It can drag you down.

How can your sense of empathy, be OK with the overwhelming suffering of others.

It sounds like something I have also grappled with.

All I can say is that there will always be those who suffer with overwhelming, hopeless agony.

but

your sense of empathy is so very important. You sound overwhelmed or at least your dream

is warning or bringing your attention to this.

but

It is so very important that you don't become hopeless agony.

Sound like a very helpful dream.

fuken weird when u put it like that sonny jim, and so very applicable to what im doing at the moment, and a convo i just had with watertrade (in regards to what im presently doing)... thanks for that its made a hell of alot of sense...now sometimes theres nothing u can do to help, and you cant then take on those poor souls agony for the pure reason of not being able to help then. sometimes you have to just keep going on your path that you know where your heading?

empathy is a double edged sword.

It can drag you down.

Jim, i thankyou very much for your wisdom. You have just shone a great deal of clarity on my current headspace with your above post. just fuken nailed it! cheers man. :worship::)

Edited by incognito

Hey nito, to analyse a dream you have to split it up in it´s basic storylines/events/symbols and judge everything by itself. For example: The grey street could mean you think your life to be colorless. Or this world. You feel like your walking in circles no matter what you do. Walking uphill could mean your struggle to conquer problems you might have in life. Elephants could also mean that you encountered something thats´s really big. Or maybe it means that you are shocked by the way people treat animals. And that you hate that you cant do something about it to prevent people from treating the planet bad. And that the world is becoming worse and worse. It could also mean just elephants hanging from a telegraph pole though. :P bye Eg

Just one more example to show what i mean with splitting up the content: If you dream that your getting raped by an elephant, it means that you have had struggles with/thoughts about rape in your life that lie buried in your subconscious. Plus you also dreamt about elephants. Maybe you heard about elephants in the TV while you were sleeping. But both storylines usually dont have to have something in common. They are two diffrent events in your subconscious mind. Thats because the brain works that way. The brain always tries to fill the voids with content and thats why it adds or combines one dream with/to another one. Another example: Think about a time when you saw someone stealing a bike. When the police man asks people afterwards, people usually tell them wrong colors/types of faces/etc because the brain tends to fill missing information with random stuff. Thats why so many witnesses tell bullshit. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

Elephants in dreams may represent knowledge, power, and strength. They are also associated with long memory and "thick skin." However, depending on the dream’s details, the elephant may be a symbol of a large burden. Additionally, in the dream you may be making efforts to remember something important and of great magnitude

(A symbol of a large burden, making efforts to remember something important and of great magnitude) although it seems you are unsure but have some idea where your headed

Thats my take on it, considering the elephants were suffering & it effected you once you woke up this was what i thought when i read your post before I googled the meaning

Edited by mac

ANALYSE ME...!!!

Bogan Hippie...nuff said.

old_hippie_very_old_hippies_1.jpg

• Like 1

Heya Incog,

heres a little play:

I'll interpret symbols/'messages' within context, and jump to some conclusions simply to see how they may or may not fit for you-> This will just give some flavour as to how to ignore jung, and most dream dictionaries and to use ones own metaphorical vocabulary, and capacity,

Most dream interpretations are like astrology in the newspaper. total wank.

Here goes..

*grey colourless road= direction in some aspect of your life or self growth

*forever turning corners= Dah! its about the road. The a path your travelling, that you feel you are or aren't

*Black and white= consistent with something is missing. your perception, or understanding of the matter/of you life- not in full colour yet. Missing passion? purpose?

*Elephants= symbol of power. Masculine nature(?) Trampling power.. tusks relevant? trunks? forget luck. More of an asian, cultural symbology. Their eyes are important, yes? windows to the soul. Sad eyes.. yes, 'a sad sight'.. where is your life, or self a sad sight?

*Upsidedown= well, shits upsidedown isnt it?. Perhaps the masculine, or power aspect of self. Its sad and awaiting death(?) All these symbols are reinforcing each other.

So, I wouldnt guess whether this you or someone close to you. I dont know whether it represents your situation, or you communities. The feelings and imagery, are and should be personal to you.

And, good questions to ask-

"is this a 'part' of me?" "which part?" "what is it trying to tell me?"

"whats going on around this dream?" The larger context, what is it?

Popshaman interpretation:

your ignoring your power and what makes you happy. Or someone else(s) is, and your sensitive to it. The further you go, the worse it gets.

Stop and change direction ;)

Hope this can help

yeah thanks sonny jim. i really identify best with your interperatation, makes ALOT of sense. thanks.

oh yeah and err thanks for the insight chiral :)

is that you chiral? in the backround in the topleft corner of the photo? ive heard your man-boobs are to be seen to be believed! but yeah i believe the hype now :)

Edited by incognito

:P1275114155006.jpg