The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ThunderIdeal

i think i figured out HOW TO SAVE IMAGES

to start with, right click on the thumbnail to bring up the large version, then you can right click that one and 'save as' will be in the menu

report if this works, ive been having no luck saving images here lately

yeah I did work it out once then I forgot again...since the update and the expanding thumbnails it has become less easy to copy and save and muck about with images in posts, it is what stopped me from doing the ozzie clones cactus guide thread that was going to be purely images.

I dont get it? isnt that the same way as normal to save an image off the web? I havent had any troubles copying images lately.

FWIW i dont really rate the current way pics are displayed. I must prefer to be able to load pics in a new tab and go back and forth between looking at them and readin the thread.

but that might be something i can change my end?

FWIW i dont really rate the current way pics are displayed. I must prefer to be able to load pics in a new tab and go back and forth between looking at them and readin the thread.

I agree entirely. Unfortunately this seems to be the way a lot of sites are going now.

yeah now the images are "active" it's harder to do stuff, some people prolly like the active thumbnails but I'm not a fan, be good if you could choose to have it on or off but doubt that's possible...I think the gallery is the only place now where the pics are not active but it's tedious to navigate through when sorting and seeking a lot of images at once.

it's hard work to find an image in the gallery. there's no way to turn it off at our end. i don't like it either.

ginga: the difference is that instead of left clicking to expand the thumb, you right click to expand it (then obviously right click again). the problem is that often the wrong menu is displayed and it doesn't have a 'save as' option.

i've experimented with this in the past but it just struck me today how as soon as i right clicked to expand the thumb i was immediately able to save it.

Can't you menu out and open in new tab?

Using Firefox?

DWHelper work?

I think there's a freebie out there that takes screenshots :scratchhead:

sometimes the image is larger than the screen!

screenshot is simple, hit the print screen button on your keyboard, open paint (that comes with windows) and hit paste or ctrl-v

it's really quite bizarre even unpredictable

left click thumb, right click picture > option is there

left click thumb, left click picture, right click picture > option is not there

Something I've recently discovered that seems to work 95+ % of the time is to double click (L&R) on the image in the post, & then again on the pic after it expands. If there's more than 1 pic in the post, each time I double click, it loads the next pic and pops up the Save Image As menu.