The Corroboree
TheFriendlyPlanter

Fix my garden and win

in celebration of my looooooong-time coming 300th post(and guilt for missing 100 & 200) I'm staging a competition for the most creative ethno-garden makeover I've ever seen. All I want you to do is to give me ideas using this old photo.

Drawn in 2 weeks on Fri 21 May. Winner gets a nice cacti cut and second place gets a cut too.

Nothing disgusting please and you must go easy on my old van, she will be remembered dearly...post-2517-127323341834_thumb.jpg

post-2517-127323341834_thumb.jpg

post-2517-127323341834_thumb.jpg

Edited by Quantum turkey

Do you mean the photo in your Avatar?

I'd say it's time to lose the ears.

Sorry for the sarcasm but I'm pissed and can't see any pics or attachments on your post.

Now i've made an arse of myself the pic is visible sorry.

Add a water feature.

Add a water feature.

God, That's an absolute crack-up Magicdirt. With these comps you download the photo (which is also now in the members gallery), tweak it in Photoshop or MS-Paint and re-post your new improved pic.

Lol Water Feature! I Love it!

EXTRA POINTS FOR ANY PIC CONTAINING A WATER FEATURE!!!!!

Edited by Quantum turkey

Bugger playing with photoshop for hours :D

I would cottage-ify around that front shed/garage area and the gate... Paenoies, Stock, Sweet Pea, Salvias.... moving to productive small crops / edible herbs for the front left of the shot and that bed in the immediate front right, completly clean it out and medicinalise it with a border of something purdy and boring to throw the eye of the curious fence hopper. Before doing anything, water the hell out of that bed and note how it dries... keep cacti and succs up the dry end, and mints and similar at the lower. Only ever water the mid section. Amazing what you can pull off in a small space that way.

Ah, get rid of all that crappy grass. I hate grass. Break up that path with a couple of 1 or 2 m sections of cutesy white picket, the first from the front-in to the right and the one closer to the house, to the left. This will break up that path for privacy while still keeping it clear and sunny, and not take up any real space while seeming to give you more spaces.Plant out between em with lawn chamomile, sprawling mint, etc. Groundcover herbs. Or rocks. I hate grass! I throw loads of tiny seed around my edges any time I remember to, it is slowly replacing the cobblers pegs and grass with Plectranthus and Basil.

Personally I'd rip the lot out in favour of french/viet intensive beds especially at this time of year, can always pretty it up along the way. Free food is not to be sneezed at.

lush spot man!

love the cactus flower, i'd deherbify that area and chuck heaps of charcoal on it and makes a cactus specific spot its already off the ground so that makes your job easy....

sorry no photoshop'd photo

nice brug in the back corner did i say lush spot!

Nice !!!

I'd grow a nice big caapi over the shed wall,add a 3 tiered grey-water clean up system with reed canary grass or similar and a nice sacred blue lotus in a barrel at the end of the grey water run with over-spill piped into the remainder of the garden.

(maybe some infected mycelial dowels in the base of the pole too :wink:)

LOL was going to say the van should be packed with these LOL ^^^^

:bootyshake:

post-3543-127329058716_thumb.jpg

classic lol