The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teljkon

Live for ever have blue eyes!![color="#4B0082"][/color]

So my question is WTF where did this concept come from that the gods were blonde hair blue eyed. Theres no historical writing that actually says this or eludes to it in so many old mythologies why do we accept it as consumers. Nordic Conspiracy??

Nordic conspiracy...not quite..maybe see here.>>> http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24194&view=findpost&p=252754

What about the thousands of pictures of Jesus as a fair skinnedblue eyed beardie dude. The beard is the only thing i could believe

What about the thousands of pictures of Jesus as a fair skinnedblue eyed beardie dude.

I know man. This is something i find very warped.

my missus tried desperately to find a black barbie or a dolly for our daughter, lol, next to impossible...its a form of programming which starts when your a kid, heman , she ra, richie rich, barbie, spongebob...heck even these damn smileys is yella :rolleyes:

I know man. This is something i find very warped.

yeah man agreed. "God created man in his image"? Perhaps. or perhaps the inverse is more likely. (FACTUAL)

my missus tried desperately to find a black barbie or a dolly for our daughter, lol, next to impossible...its a form of programming which starts when your a kid, heman , she ra, richie rich, barbie, spongebob...heck even these damn smileys is yella :rolleyes:

Yeah there's all kinds of social conditioning with colour and toys. "Pink for girls, Blue for boys" bullshit. My kids are gonna wear every colour of the rainbow. Keep gender stereotyping and social conditioning to a minimum.

Be careful y'all are sounding a little racist towards white folk with blue eyes...like me...tap.gif

I have blue eyes, i thought it was just a known fact we are better than everyone else and yes, most of us are demigods.

The ancient Greeks I do believe were generally fairer skinned, with even red hair and blue eyes because that was previous to the Turkish invasion.

Hazel eyes FTW! Bit of green, bit of light brown... with midriasis they kinda look grey/green/olive.

Why do you need to change the eye color of the femal elfe in lord of the rigns Im sure the novels never say any thing about them correct me if im wrong please.

it's quite likely that tolkien included their hair and eye colour.

but he never implied that any particular eye or hair colour was the best.

What about the thousands of pictures of Jesus as a fair skinnedblue eyed beardie dude. The beard is the only thing i could believe BeeGee Jesus :)

The ancient Greeks I do believe were generally fairer skinned, with even red hair and blue eyes because that was previous to the Turkish invasion.

It is certain that there were mixing of "races", but judging from ancient Greek artwork, they pretty much look the same today as what they did back then.

There is a famous mosaic of Alexander the Great being shown as darker skinned and having black hair. Xenophon describes the Persian troops as white compared to the sun-tanned skin of Greek troops.

Jesus with long flowing light-brown hair as per paintings? nup

Jesus had a bangin fro

They actually go out of there way to make this point when its either incorrect or debatabull at best.Brad pit in troy blue eyes blonde hair the none gods all dark hair dark eyes. So any thoughts on why.

I think it is the nature of Hollywood. These types of movies are usually "blockbusters", so they will have most current, popular actor take the job. Being America has a large % of Caucasians, it makes sense. In the Philippines they have a Asian Jesus in their passion plays. You just work with what you got and it still tells the story.

Now I do remember reading about a hidden away mountain village in the backwaters of Greece where some members of the populace had red hair and whiter skin then then their fellow brothers, so maybe there is some credence to "diluted ethnicity". I can't remember the source, or confirm reliability.

all this said, damn i reckon jesus would have been a cool mofo.

i tend to agree with father bob, jesus is where we are heading. he was an evolved being, a kind of prototype, of which there have been many, and are many today.

jesus was a buddhist

Nope, definitely Jewish.

Jesus did not teach anything similar to Four Noble Truths

Some elements are similar to Eightfold Path

Nothing taught like Middle Way.

Basically, Buddhists do not believe in any type of God, the need for a savior, prayer, or eternal life after death. These things Jesus did teach.

and what he said.

i like your posts (sometimes) maurice, you are quite knowledgeable when it comes to religion.

jesus was a buddhist
He is an incarnation of Krishna, and when Jesus talked of my 'father in heaven' he was talking about one of the Hindu Gods, Brahma, Krishna or Shiva, Rama or maybe even Vishnu.

He is an incarnation of Krishna, and when Jesus talked of my 'father in heaven' he was talking about one of the Hindu Gods, Brahma, Krishna or Shiva, Rama or maybe even Vishnu.

There is only one God in Judaism. There is no such thing as other deities in the Jewish faith.