The Corroboree
Quelho

2010 Sub season

Last week I saw something interesting... when I explained to my friend what I saw he said it was Cthulu. ohmy.gif

So today I was going through a forest, a spot I hadn't been before and wasn't actually expecting to find any subs.

I was tired so I decided to lie down on the ground and rest my eyes for a bit. After finding a random place and closing my eyes for about 2 minutes, my hand touched something slimy right next to my head. I open my eyes and see a sub about two inches to the right of my head. I look left, another sub and there are two more directly behind my head... turns out I decided to rest in the middle of a sub patch smile.gif

I wish my body could grow mycelium

I would've just cried with happiness.

If you put in the effort to search, they WILL reveal themselves to you.

well done crix and Lord Mayonaisse. some pro-looking quality photos there. it would be good to see a few up on erowid, some of their shots are appauling and sorely need updating IMO.

maybe you could get in touch with the heads at erowid and submit your photos? i'm sure it wouldnt be too difficult to get em up there - these clear, well composed shots of classic sub habitat & form variation would really help a lot of people.

edit: Erowid image submission page

Edited by mu!

Awesome pics Mayo, much better than mine, it would seem that the country we find subs is somewhat similar, although yours is a little more populated with subs than mine, or your just better at finding them.

Everything here looks like a b.caapii and psychotrias to me lol

Very thick canopy, I'm at the edge where the light comes in for these pics, Found a couple right here, not big patches, think they like it a bit darker.

My camera isn't as good as yours so you can't see the shrooms on the floor.

Magical place but not fun when u forget which way u were facing, been lost twice now, gps doesnt work under canopy.

SUBS3.jpg

Subs2.jpg

Subs.jpg

Edited by Atlas

Wish these were subbies

101_3894.jpg

Hard to see in these pics but so much looks like caapii and psychotrias

101_3914.jpg

101_3963.jpg

Not just subbies grow here!

101_3912.jpg

I found hundreds and hundreds of acres of pine forest very moist and incredibly cold, but i searched for hours and came up with no subs, but the most unidentified mushrooms i've ever seen, the entire place was just a mat of mushrooms ranging from tiny to huge almost 12inches across, it was incredible! Sadly I didnt have my camera, will go back one time though, with the camera. And an ID book

• Like 1

I find them in more open places, they like the sunlight but i've only ever found them in pine forests. Generally about 20ish metres either side of tracks. Psilocybes love disturbed habitat and their pants get hard when a tree falls on their mycelium or loggers have cut some trees nearby earlier that year.

Just my general experience, but not always correct.

post-7022-127799976997_thumb.jpgpost-7022-127799978614_thumb.jpgpost-7022-127799981973_thumb.jpgpost-7022-127799988259_thumb.jpgpost-7022-127799986925_thumb.jpgpost-7022-127799983883_thumb.jpg

post-7022-127799976997_thumb.jpg

post-7022-127799978614_thumb.jpg

post-7022-127799981973_thumb.jpg

post-7022-127799983883_thumb.jpg

post-7022-127799986925_thumb.jpg

post-7022-127799988259_thumb.jpg

post-7022-127799976997_thumb.jpg

post-7022-127799978614_thumb.jpg

post-7022-127799981973_thumb.jpg

post-7022-127799983883_thumb.jpg

post-7022-127799986925_thumb.jpg

post-7022-127799988259_thumb.jpg

Edited by Distracted

Awesome pics everyone! I wanna visit those forests for a nice bush walk :)

smarty pants. No one else will bother to post pics after seeing your work with a camera. smile.gif

This second one of the sub' ......speechless. The best of the lot.

I hope you are going to make an album of your collection for the gallery.

Mayo

The images you captured of those immature subs, not to mention every other photograph you have posted in this thread are truly beautiful and inspiring (makes me want to buy a camera).

I also encourage you to submit some of your favourite pics to erowid. Your pics are "hands down" some of the best images of Australian subs I have seen on the internet.

Regardless...Thank you for capturing this years season.

Thanks, there is no end to photographing these fascinating fungi! B)

it would be good to see a few up on erowid, some of their shots are appauling and sorely need updating IMO. maybe you could get in touch with the heads at erowid and submit your photos? i'm sure it wouldnt be too difficult to get em up there - these clear, well composed shots of classic sub habitat & form variation would really help a lot of people.edit: Erowid image submission page

I also encourage you to submit some of your favourite pics to erowid.

Thanks for the link (and encouragement). :wink: I'll definitely submit some images!

:):):)

could this also be a cyanescens or subs do this curly thing too?

Ive seen P.sub' curl up at full maturity. On the topic of photography, i see that there is now cameras with GPS .Most of these cameras will insert the GPS coordinates in the photograph's EXIF data, which can then be placed on a map using a photo editor , which plots location data on Google Maps. Great technology, just in case you don't realize at the time of the photograph that you have a new specimen, you will know exactly where to find it.

How quickly can subs loose potency after picking? Sorry if this has been asked before, its just, 2-3 weeks seems a bit too fast to loose as much potency as a friends did.

He had them drying for 4 days next to a fan, then into a open ziplock for a couple of weeks with desiccants. 3g dried eaten only gave a very mild trip for both friends. Did they loose potency that fast??

^It seems you had them exposed to air for the minimum time

and have a good drying technique. Storing technique too,

providing they were stored

air tight, in a dark cool place.

Explaining the intensity of a trip, or comparing different

sub trips, when 5-6 mushrooms often suffice for an

ego shattering dose

has

more to do with other variables-

and even if you nailed every little very

variable down, and perfectly replicated them

you still wouldnt have the same trip 2x in a row.

And then, sometimes it doesnt matter if your eating kilos

of psilo crystal because you still wont trip and the spirit

doesn't visit.

Standardising your batch by storing powdered shroom or tincture

is the single most powerful variable to tweak, imo.

Or standardising pretrip diet and life conditions :S

Edited by mud

Frozen solid P.sub

frozenpsub.jpg

that fence looks extremely familiar

if im right about where that is i

didnt realise they were so close to town

b-town w.a. i suspect :)

found a shitload like that one morning completely frozen solid

Lord Mayonnaise, you take such awesome photos!!!

Oberon seems well and truly finished, spent 3 hrs searching yesterday to no avail. maybee tooo cold???

much of the grass and earth that was shadowed by the above trees was frozen solid.

was not much mushroom action to be seen at all actually.

I would suggest that the season in the higher country in the southern parts of NSW is now over.

That is just my opinion though. We have had some hectic cold cond's and I think that turns them off.

I wonder if as was suggested in another thread lately that sub's flower regardless of cond's due to their myc' heritage then we ought to get some W.A, Vic or S.A myc' going in NSW to extend our seasons a bit?! Anyone got any exp' with the ol' azurescens? do they handle the colder i.e. after serious frosts - conditions better?

oh.. and distracted I LOVE your shots of the gregarious lot of subs. Mate! they are awesome :) thanks!

Confirmed, the potency has been lost significantly. Mates ate 1.5g in tea with lemon juice which resulted in 1 hr of mild visuals and the rest of the time just feeling 'weird'.

They were stored in dry, dark, cool conditions for 2-3 weeks, but not airtight. For such a short period of time, it seems strange that the potency could be lost that much??

RE: shroom season ending. 2 weeks ago when in the mountains it seemed that the season in the Oberon area was nearly finished. I'd imagine it would have by now.

Ahh, Going by Mayo's shots , I take it that there are still finds to be had ??!!