The Corroboree
sethomopod

Unripe HBWR

I had alot of positive feedback from people who wanted unripe seeds last season.. so much so, I couldnt supply enough..

Well, flowers set a few weeks back and small pods are starting to form, so to help me organize harvests, If anyone wants any unripe pods, please let me know soon... any amount is fine.. the more the cheaper...

This will be the last chance to grab these high quality goodies from this hidden mother vine! I'm moving overseas soon.. wont be here for next years harvest.

Cheers!

Hi, I got my own argyreia and I am interested to know some of the positive feedback you mentioned. Was it about the seeds only or for the pod material too? Let us know if any interesting comments by people around.

I was one of the lucky people to recieve the 5 free pods from sethomopod last year. I can assure everybody that seth knows the right time to pick the unripe pods. Nice and plump, but still green. Nice nutty taste, and very soft, not crunchy. I'm guessing it is a very mature vine, because one pod/4 seeds was plenty to keep me drool2.gif for hours.

Thanks for the caution chaosmagick, but seeing as the powers that be have branded me a criminal, I don't see the point in beating around the bush anymore.

Oh OK, to protect members and the forum, before I munched on these magical seeds, I teleported to a country where police have more important things to do than harrass adults enjoying themselves while causing no harm to others

Edited by rogdog

theres some biossay on unripe seed floating round that I posted last year oh and thats self incrimination rogdog edit your post the biossays i posted were relayed to me from a good friend i have in europe who shares many similar interests

Edited by chaosmagick

I bought some seeds from a former member of this forum years ago which I assume where unripe. If I tried to scrape the husks off them they would just cave in. I ended up never using them.

I bought some seeds from a former member of this forum years ago which I assume where unripe. If I tried to scrape the husks off them they would just cave in. I ended up never using them.

Well i would say you missed out a friend of mine had a similar issue and removed the entire outer coating leaving ony the green inners of the seed he consumed and reported very positive results

Well i would say you missed out a friend of mine had a similar issue and removed the entire outer coating leaving ony the green inners of the seed he consumed and reported very positive results

Thanks for the reply. The ones I had didn't have anything inside them, they were just a fragile hollow shell that would crack with hardly any pressure at all.

they must have been ancient

Or sterile.

chaos, once your friend had removed the entire outer coating, did they experience any nausea?

Or sterile.

chaos, once your friend had removed the entire outer coating, did they experience any nausea?

no no nausea , other friend who done the initial biosssay washed and scraped away the brown gunk ( its a soft brown gunk as oppose to a furry covering ) ate 6 whole seeds with honey no nausea not sure if the honey is a contributory factor due to its anti-bacterial nature he said they taste like crap so not keen to try them without it

I can confirm from other members who received pods last year, that the method described by Chaosmagick has had positive results for them as well.. They are very soft when unripe and getting to the seed 'meat' is no problem.

Thanks for the positive feedback rogdog! :wink:

Interesting data, thanks people, keep them coming!

There must be some interesting chemistry going on in the pod while it is ripening!

Interesting data, thanks people, keep them coming!

There must be some interesting chemistry going on in the pod while it is ripening!

truth, pick those babies while they are full size; but still green and yummy...in countries which dont have dickhead police :)

truth, pick those babies while they are full size; but still green and yummy...in countries which dont have dickhead police :)

I would be highly intrested to see an alkloid breakdown for unripe and ripe seeds there is definitely something different in the unripe same with MG have read reports of less then 100 seeds that seemed to have quite strong effect

I would be highly intrested to see an alkloid breakdown for unripe and ripe seeds there is definitely something different in the unripe same with MG have read reports of less then 100 seeds that seemed to have quite strong effect

I would be very interested in this aswell.. If anyone has the equipment, I'm more than happy to provide samples straight from the vine into the post

It might be of interest, that I have kept green pods in the freezer, with success. There is some deterioration in the firmness of the seed, but the actives seem unaffected, maybe some loss, but not as severe as allowing to ripen

I am willing to give out material for testing too, depending on the period. I still have some last ones left on the plant

Everyone who has put in an order will be happy to know that the rain and winds havent damaged the vine, In fact, this years harvest looks to be bigger than last years.. Not too long to go now....

They are a fair size aleady....

If anyone wants to try their hands on germinating very unripe seeds, let me know, They are pretty well close the max size, just waitin the couple of weeks for them to ripen further.... they take forever!

Could be a good experiment! :wink:

Edited by sethomopod

Hi Everyone!

I went out today to check how the pods are going... Very soon now.. Probably next weekend..

To those who pm'ed me. I will in touch in the next week or so...

Cheers..

Are there any left unsold?

?

Edited by Korky

Yeah Fancy, How many do you want?

OK guys, I'm picking tomorrow at sunrise, Please get in contact with me to confirm your orders....

:)

Bit of a delay.. Picking tomorrow...

Be in touch soon..

Ok peeps.. Harvested a few hundred unripe pods this morning... Theres a couple of people who havent contacted me in the few days.. Drop me a line to confirm your order please! :wink:

I'll be sending them out asap..

OK, First lot went really quick.. I've harvested alot more of the unripe pods.. They are just starting to open their 'petals' so this will be the last lot of unripe pods....

Also, If anyone is interested in bulk amounts ok ripe seeds, let me know