The Corroboree

...as most of you would know i've been making active heimia products for a while now,once i had the fermented leaf i always got a good result.

but my brews while active were not palatable,so i made the pellets.it was probably more the slimy texture that the bitterness.these brews were translucent amber in appearance.

there has been some success written up at the yahoo forum,and so i decided to return to my brewing experiments.

i had assumed an alcohol was formed in the fermentation proccess and the alkaloids would disolve in that.

in fact a tea is made and this tea is then fermented !

because of my assumption i thought that if i left the leaf in the brew would be stronger.

this was my main mistake!

if the tea is strained/filtered of most plant material fermentation will take place as it should.

you will recognise your success by the milkyness of the yellow tinged liquid and the film of metalic[?] sheen on the surface ! this may take up to 3 days.the brew should have a creamy oily texture.

what was just as surprising was the effect,there was a whole new aspect that had not been there before.to me its like the old heimia experience with a dominant layer over it that is like the softness and colour tones of sacred lotus but a bit brighter.or like kava with a smart drug.i find it works very quickly and in faifly small amounts.quite analgesic.this is a pleasure to drink and its cooling effect should also help make it a popular summer drink.

20gms fermented leaf to just under a litre of water yeilded about 750ml of brew,as a starting point.but you can keep leeching the leaves until they're exhausted.

think thats the main points.

t s t .

[ 04. October 2004, 08:38: Message edited by: t st tantra ]

Edited by planthelper
tag
  • Like 1

so u don't need to ferment the leaves first?

do u make a tea then starin and let the tea ferment?

sorry for my ignorance

aaron

you still ferment[activate] the leaves first.

then place in container and add just boiled water.

i next use a stab blender to break up the leaf .

strain through a strainer and then an old silk headscarf.

pour into container and place in full sun for up to 3 days.

when ready the brew can be reduced by simmering to incease the potency,reduce the dose size,make pellets or smoking materials.

factors i'm not totally sure about....

leave a little air space at the top of the container.

leave the lid a bit loose so gasses can vent if needed.

it seems within limits other heimia product can be added to the brew,eg unfermented leaf and old unsuccessful extracts.

t s t .

how long to you let the hotwater poured over / blended material set, before filtering?

if water is used as solvent i would wait for 3 days at least and than filter & ferment...

and btw, your metalic [?] sheen on the surface, could be useless tannins.

tannins smell very stenchy and in my experience,

the portions of tannins hardly ever dry up, in case you dry your material. tannins often look milky / quicksilver shiny / hardly cooked "egg white appereance"! the actives often look golden brown, or amber as t st stated!

:) :D

[ 04. October 2004, 14:00: Message edited by: planthelper ]

i blend almost immediately after adding the water.

once i'm happy with the blending i wait about 5 minutes for the leaves to settle as this makes straining easier.i then strain and repeat the proccess until the liquid has little colour.

simmering doesnt seem to adversly affect the fermentation so i'm experimenting with that.

there are tannins present,the leaf has been fermented[activated] on the branches and rubbed off when dried.some twiggs and seed capsules usually remain mixed in.

anyway the amount of this metalic sheen is not very great and it does not smell.i didnt quite follow all you said but pellets seem to be drying out ok as usual.

i'll have to make the effort to thoughly clean some leaf and see if that is different.

t s t .

i've only done this a few times over five years & always found it active. collect branches/leaves, bruise & mash together a little, leave in a warm area for a day in partially covered container. i made a paste/pulp of the leaves with mortar & pestle, then pressed all liquid, strain through three layers muslin.

this cold processed 'tea' i'd leave in a glass bowl, covered with plastic-wrap in the sun for about 1-2 days..depends on temp, but you can tell when it smells good.

i think this is exactly the same as t st's method. except i was unsure if i should use hot water, so never did.

i totally concur with t st's account of effects..especially the comparison to kava. they're felt after around 15 minutes on an empty stomach

[ 06. October 2004, 15:52: Message edited by: coin ]

my latest experiment suprised me and i expect it to be quite useful.i'm calling it...

the boil and bucket method

i had a heap of leaves which had previously been extacted by the usual method a number of times.half the leaf had been redried and turned white at the edges.

i put the leaves into a stockpot of 3 litres simmering water and left with the lid on for several hours on the heat.

then strain and filtered into a normal plastic bucket.

put the bucket in the sun with a mesh screen on top.

3 litres of heimia brew was ready for drinking about a day later!

there is active heimia and then theres the real deal.this is a plant ready to move from the back blocks to the frontline!

t s t .

[ 08. October 2004, 08:14: Message edited by: t st tantra ]

1) so the presence of the leaves in the brew actually hinder the process somewhat?

2) how much stronger is the "unleafed" brew than the leafy brew? or is it just a qualitative difference?

3) have you tried using less water to extract?what do you think the threshold would be in terms of gram for ml before losing maximum potency in a brew? Similarly for length of time brewed?

4)What doses are you consuming of this resultant "super brew"? (in terms of grams of initial leaf per dose)

5) Do you have any +++ or ++++ experiences to report? As on erowid, reports are coming in of +++ experiences from ~10g of leaf extract consumed straight without fermentation(prior or after) water extraction.

1,yes.

2.mainly qualitative i think

3,hmm,i think a tea is a tea and the difference between normal tea and strong tea is not very great.it seems to mainly extract at a certain strength even boiling it's better to pour off and reuse the leaves for another batch.

4,and 5,i've comsumed doses at 10gm or so and had an entheogenic experience i rate as the equal of anything else i've had.and i've consumed that dose and basically had a stronger version of normal dose heimia effects.unfortunately it's unreliable used alone.my current preference would be about 4gms and a third or half dose of another entheogen.using such combos i've had a number of very impressive experiences and feel i recognise a definate nature of the heimia in such experiences.cactus shrooms salvia

t s t .