The Corroboree

World's first life-size robotic girlfriend

Legba

Source

# Sex robot with mechanical heart

# Five built-in personalities

# Inspired by death of inventor's friend in 9/11

ROXXXY the sex robot had a coming-out party in Sin City.

In what is billed as a world first, a life-size robotic girlfriend complete with artificial intelligence and flesh-like synthetic skin was introduced to adoring fans at the AVN Adult Entertainment Expo in Las Vegas.

"She can't vacuum, she can't cook but she can do almost anything else if you know what I mean," TrueCompanion's Douglas Hines said.

"She's a companion. She has a personality. She hears you. She listens to you. She speaks. She feels your touch. She goes to sleep. We are trying to replicate a personality of a person."

Roxxxy stands 170cm (five feet, seven inches) tall, weighs 54.43kg (120lbs), "has a full C cup and is ready for action," according to Mr Hines, who was an artificial intelligence engineer at Bell Labs before starting TrueCompanion.

The anatomically-correct robot has an articulated skeleton that can move like a person but can't walk or independently move its limbs.

Robotic movement is built into "the three inputs" and a mechanical heart that powers a liquid cooling system.

Roxxxy comes with five personalities. Wild Wendy is outgoing and adventurous, while Frigid Farrah is reserved and shy.

There is a young naive personality along with a Mature Martha that Mr Hines described as having a "matriarchal kind of caring". S & M Susan is geared for more adventurous types.

Aspiring partners can customise Roxxxy features, including race, hair colour and breast size. A male sex robot named Rocky is in development.

People ordering the robots online at truecompanion.com detail their tastes and interests much like online dating sites but here, the information is used to get the mechanical girlfriend in synch with her mate.

"She knows exactly what you like," Mr Hines said of Roxxxy, noting that Rocky will also come with personalities.

"If you like Porsches, she likes Porsches. If you like soccer, she likes soccer."

Roxxxy will chat with her flesh-and-blood mate, and touching her elicits comments varying according to personalities.

She is wirelessly linked to the internet for software updates, technical support and to send her man email messages.

People can customise "true companion" personalities and then share the programs with others online on the company's website, according to Mr Hines.

"Just think about wife or girlfriend swapping without actually giving the person to someone else," Mr Hines said.

"You can share the personality online."

Inspiration for the sex robot sprang from the September 11, 2001 attacks, when planes crashed into the World Trade Center in New York City, the Pentagon and an empty field in Pennsylvania.

"I had a friend who passed away in 9/11," Mr Hines said.

"I promised myself I would create a program to store his personality, and that became the foundation for Roxxxy True Companion."

Hines sees his creation as not only a recreational innovation but as an outlet for the shy, people with sexual dysfunction, and those who want to experiment without risk.

Roxxxy versions are priced from $US7,000 ($A7,634) to $US9,000 ($A9,815), depending on features. The sex robot is available in Europe and the US and will eventually be available globally, according to Mr Hines.

9K... fuck that (excuse pun)... i wonder what a used one would cost?

Sounds like there will be little robotic incognitos running around soon, cool

It was pretty peculiar when Safran went nuts on one of these

The testing process would have been interesting

Edited by gerbil

Was discussing it last night with some married friends, would it be cheating if you had a robot sex partner. They said no as its just similar to a blow up doll scenario. Rooting a blow up doll apparently isnt cheating its primarily just a sex aid but they said you dont need a blow up if your married.

Then somebody else said...the same thing with being married often doesnt mean the woman gives up her dildo. We dont basically view a vibrator as cheating. I think the sex robot throws up some interesting moral questions. Can a human being fall in love with a robot. If somebody wants to make a million dollars go buy one, alert the media that you and your robot are going to get married. Surely the media wouldl ove that story wordwide. "aussie set to wed robot love.'

Other possibilities include getting a team together and hiring them out. Robo prostitutes. Unlike humans they can be insured for acts of violence. Cleaning them would be a nightmare though. Probably they have a drain valve somewhere.

Factory rejects could be the go. Half price but with faults, pretty much like humans. Or maybe upgrade. The Pamela Anderson dominatrix series 4000 complete with the extra filthy mod chip.

Can a human being fall in love with a robot

Seems so, check out the youtube videos of "Real Doll Experiences". I found it very sad to watch in parts, you can't help feeling sorry for some of the people in the videos. I'm not making any moral judgment whatsoever, people can do whatever they want, but some of the people that were interviewed were totally isolated and genuinely were in love with their dolls and treated them as a real person because they had no-one else. Watch it, it's seriously fucked up

I read about a guy in Japan marrying a pillow with a picture of an Anime school girl. He had a honey moon and all. I also recall reading about a Japanese man who married an in-game female character, kinda like a female Tamagotchi.

It is a weird world we live in. Who am I to judge?

I mean, I guess its a little normal to marry a pillow, a tamagotchi or a robot... :S

Gen

*Edit*

Who am I to judge? I spent 3 hours trying to see the nipple of a blue alien when I watched Avatar

Edited by Genesis

This honey is not for those client's who are just looking for a little head.

I wonder if they have interchangable inserts to keep it exciting?

The much cheaper option, I wouldn't be surprised if they used the same material for the doll.

www.fleshlight.com.au/

The real dolls look good, but I'd be happy with a mannequin. I've always found the mannequins in bikinis or lingerie quite attractive. I'd love to have one around the house. Doesn't need to be anatomically correct, just there for aesthetics.

if you look into it on the tube etc its suprising how attractive they actually are especially the face, i would be bold to say even tho the average female you pick up in a club is alive the latest version sex robots are on the whole more perfect

it has a uncanny similarity with one of the stories animatrix (which provides the history behind the actual matrix). in vid box below it clearly shows that artificial intelligence is already defending itself (in the form of a handicapped sex robot which is being sexually assaulted)

i think women as a whole should be worried about this more than man, man could probably cope well if a woman had a relationship with a ken man. however womens lib etc has possibly pushed men into the fantasy of subservience over women, which once apon a time was in fact law and whilst im unaffected by womens coming out since bra burning etc i could easily imagine giving up arguments, moods, diseases, cheating, routine, mediation, more children to spend a part of if not the rest of my life with a perfect & 100% committed pet.

The real dolls look good, but I'd be happy with a mannequin. I've always found the mannequins in bikinis or lingerie quite attractive. I'd love to have one around the house. Doesn't need to be anatomically correct, just there for aesthetics.

And by "aesthetics" you of course mean "frottage"?

And by "aesthetics" you of course mean "frottage"?

Lol. Never come across the word "frottage" before. That will be my word for the day. <___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png