The Corroboree
hutch

Morning Glory Seeds

AFOAF asked me if i knew if freezing MG seeds have an impact on the potency? I have UTFSE but have not been able to find any mention of this. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Hutch :wink:

Have been told that frozen HBWR seeds don't lose much potency (beyond what they normally lose when they dry out and whatnot anyway).

Peace

Have been told that frozen HBWR seeds don't lose much potency (beyond what they normally lose when they dry out and whatnot anyway).

Peace

a friend using unripe hbwr seeds found freezer storage made them retain a very similar level of effectiveness for several months to the extent that the alkaloids profile must have stayed close to when originally frozen each dose taken resulted in an uplifting and slightly visual trip

I was told the opposite by Ray from HHH. Apparently someone he met had made up a water extract with HBWR then froze it overnight. The next day they took it and it did nothing. He told me this was because freezing it destroyed the active chemicals. I wonder what is correct?

extracts and whole seeds are bound to react differently....i would assume.

My friend took 250 MG seeds from a bran new plant (first harvest) that had been frozen for about 3 weeks. Apart from a heavy body load not much else experienced. He has 500 plus seeds now that have also been frozen for the same amount of time and will see if that makes a difference. Next he will try and just keep them in a cool dark place and see if there is a change in the potency. Thanks for the help so far.

PS wonder if the age of the plant makes a lot of difference?

the problem with ingestion as a test method is that seeds are variable and the same batch cannot be tested btoh ways....which si why its best to extract and measure to get a good answer (i think)....that is presuming you are of the belief that some kinds of ergolines are the actives.

the problem with ingestion as a test method is that seeds are variable and the same batch cannot be tested btoh ways....which si why its best to extract and measure to get a good answer (i think)....that is presuming you are of the belief that some kinds of ergolines are the actives.

What extraction method would you recommend? Have had nil success as of now. Best results with MG in the past was to ground seeds to fine dust and consume. Heavy body load but in the past it has been affective..

i have not got into it because its not easy to identify all the different ergolines, at least not for me. i ahve no lab and only simple tools without referrence samples of the various chemicals for comparison.

there many teks published though if you have the means to get the materials.

once again can only tell you what others have passed on to me

crush seeds to fine powder put in water make sure water has minimal levels of chloride , chlorride destroys the goodies , add juice from half a fresh lemon stir for a minute or two and place in fridge for approx 6-10 hrs stiring every few hours people i have spoke with have had sucess using this method for HBWR and Rivea so i would think it to also be effective for MG if your friend has her own plant tell her to harvest the seeds before they ripen biossays of HBWR & MG unripe have recorded better results then fully mature seeds oh i should mention the potency increase was fairly drastic from memory so maybe even less seeds if thats the method you go for

Edited by neoshaman

once again can only tell you what others have passed on to me

crush seeds to fine powder put in water make sure water has minimal levels of chloride , chlorride destroys the goodies , add juice from half a fresh lemon stir for a minute or two and place in fridge for approx 6-10 hrs stiring every few hours people i have spoke with have had sucess using this method for HBWR and Rivea so i would think it to also be effective for MG if your friend has her own plant tell her to harvest the seeds before they ripen biossays of HBWR & MG unripe have recorded better results then fully mature seeds oh i should mention the potency increase was fairly drastic from memory so maybe even less seeds if thats the method you go for

Thanks Neo, I will pass it on. Its a new plant so she is hoping potency may increase with age as well. Interesting thought on unripened seeds! Maybe it's because the plant is protecting it's seeds from birds and such from eating them?

Thanks again mate..

Hutch

Thanks Neo, I will pass it on. Its a new plant so she is hoping potency may increase with age as well. Interesting thought on unripened seeds! Maybe it's because the plant is protecting it's seeds from birds and such from eating them?

Thanks again mate..

Hutch

oh forgot to add filter out mush and slowly drink water holding each mouthful and swishing it round in your mouth

<!--quoteo(post=239198:date=Dec 3 2009, 04:52 PM:name=hutch)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hutch @ Dec 3 2009, 04:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=239198"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thanks Neo, I will pass it on. Its a new plant so she is hoping potency may increase with age as well. Interesting thought on unripened seeds! Maybe it's because the plant is protecting it's seeds from birds and such from eating them?

Thanks again mate..

Hutch<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

oh forgot to add filter out mush and slowly drink water holding each mouthful and swishing it round in your mouth

oops they do taste fowl don't they... Just kidding :P It just shows how stupid I am cause I noticed you didn't say to filter mush so I just presumed you would ingest all of it :puke: . Thanks again

oops they do taste fowl don't they... Just kidding :P It just shows how stupid I am cause I noticed you didn't say to filter mush so I just presumed you would ingest all of it :puke: . Thanks again

from what my mate told me the unripe HBWR if scrapped properly cause very minimal stomach upset when consumed whole I would be somewhat intrested to know if this was the case with MG in an unripe state however fuilly ripe seeds I would advise the CWE is the way to go

Can someone be immune from the effects of MG? My friend tried 500 seeds in a CWE as described by Neo with no effects? :BANGHEAD2: It is only a new plant so hopefully things change as it matures. Very frustrating...

Hey HUtch,

maybe your friend is building their tolerance by accident. I'm not sure whether you can become tolerant to lsa as quickly as l sd but it is a thought. If it does then the 500 seed dose would not be that much stronger than the 250 seed dose if consumned withuin a few days of each other... Was the second dose consumned within the same week as the first dose?

And what do your morning glory seeds look like? I;ve seen 2 types of seed that looked completely different being sold as ipomoea violacea "heavenly blue". ONe type of seed was kind of triangular and the other type of seed was smaller and roundish. The flowers from the small roundish seed looked different (and not as pretty) as the triangular "heavenly blue".

some people just dont seem to get anything from lsas.

some enzyme thing?high mao?i dont know.

t s t .

people i have spoke with have had sucess using this method for HBWR and Rivea so i would think it to also be effective for MG if your friend has her own plant tell her to harvest the seeds before they ripen biossays of HBWR & MG unripe have recorded better results then fully mature seeds oh i should mention the potency increase was fairly drastic from memory so maybe even less seeds if thats the method you go for

hey, neoshaman, since your frineds seem to know a few things about fresh HBWR, could you give an opinion or two in following thread? Maybe tst too??

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17621&view=findpost&p=240301