The Corroboree
rahli

Metrosexuals banned

A PARTY promoter has banned "metrosexuals" from a popular club night in a bid to stamp out violence.

The promoter, credited with bringing the Perth-based event Dorcia to Melbourne in September, warned punters they would not get in wearing trademark metrosexual attire - for example, low-cut V-neck T-shirts, skinny jeans and pointed white shoes.

Scott Mellor said the move was made to end a "sports jock mentality" and a growing trend of aggression inside clubs and bars.

"We are really trying to push a party night that is a safe place to go and have a good time without worrying about safety," the 27-year-old said.

"We wanted to shed light on the problems with nightlife in Australia. We took everything that we disliked about going out to clubs and inverted it ... no dressing up like David Beckham.

"We are about creating an environment where people can be comfortable and confident."

Posters advertising the Dorcia event hosted by city venue the Ding Dong Lounge warn patrons: "No metrosexual attire, no aggression, no problems."

Popular brand Ed Hardy tops the list of unacceptable clothing, as does "fight fashion" from brands such as Tapout. Other faux pas include pointed leather shoes, shirts with numbers on them, tight T-shirts and polo shirts with popped collars.

Men sporting blond tips or dyed rats' tails will also be turned away.

Management also warned that ejected troublemakers would be photographed for a "name and shame" wall just inside the entrance.

"We are not turning away people who look after themselves, wear product in their hair or dress with a degree of style," Mr Mellor said.

"We are simply providing a venue for people who don't subscribe to the standards of 90 per cent of other clubs."

But Eve nightclub boss Nick Russian said the initiative seemed unfair.

"I think you find the people who make an effort are the people who've come out for a good time, and the last thing on their agenda is starting fights," Mr Russian said.

He said that a lot of clubs kept a strict dress code with that in mind. "The main objective is for people to come with the right attitude. If people are drunk or aggressive they won't get in."

Melbourne councillor Jennifer Kanis said nightclub owners and managers had the right to refuse entry.

"But I expect refusal to be based on demonstrated antisocial behaviour rather than discriminating against a person or group of people because of the way they dress," Cr Kanis said.

Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commissioner Dr Helen Szoke said everybody was entitled to service without discrimination.

"It is against the law to refuse a person service on the basis of age, sex, physical features, race and a range of other characteristics," she said.

Link

"It is against the law to refuse a person service on the basis of age, sex, physical features, race and a range of other characteristics,"

Yes but it isnt against the law to have a "dress code". I used to hate takin my hat or beanie off in the pokies and in summer i have to wear shoes in there lol, what an outrage.

All Metrosexuals are welcome at the EGA fundraiser follow up event tomorrow :P

Wait..I have completely lost the point of this story.

Metrosexuals are violent punters?...I thought they would have been the target of violence?

*sigh* I need to get out more.

hmmm I cant imagine any metrosexuals i know being violent...

I imagine they are forced to ban them because they are a target of violence and if that is the case its a complete outrage....

Why not ban the people that are targeting metrosexuals as victims???..... how bizarre... i think that 27yr old organizer has a deep rooted fear of pink.

EDIT: ohh right ... hmm if metrosexuals are the instigators of violence.... ya well that confuses me also Dale.. what a strange story.. maybe i have to get out more also.

Edited by vual

alot of the clubs around these days wont let u in with joggers, boot cut jeans, and a T shirt, its good 2 see another place around for people to go if they dont want to dance in closed in leather dress shoes, skinny legs, and a printed retro T shirt that cost you half your pay

by the sounds of it they are using the cover of 'metrosexuals' to exclude greek, italian and lebanese guys.

... no dressing up like David Beckham.

Link

Ahhhhhhhggghhh...now what am I supposed to wear to Ding Dong lounge...?

Do people know how very tiring and expensive keeping up with all these fashion fads is, I just had my fauxhawk trimmed and bleached today too....I'm gunna give Debbie a call and she if she can call the Ding Dongs management and get me in.

well I'm not changing my hairstyle now...!!!!

Richard_ChuckHodes.jpgmetrosexuals.jpg

article-1169498-046B6358000005DC-59_468x499.jpg386376735_l.jpg

l_8b7b1f0e592f65fc9724fa5d924ed8ef.jpgbuzz240.jpg

I think if you see a grown man with a faux hawk these days, you are obliged to confront them and just have a seriously good belly-laugh at them, making sure to point at their hairstyle. It's the only way they will learn, you have to be tough on these kinds of metro's, then again if we just leave them be...think.gif we could just ignore them and let them continue to wear this abomination...

yeah nah on second thoughts scrub that, just do the laugh at them hard.

Haha yeah the dress they describe isn't metro, it's just what all the trendy dickhead guys are wearing these days.. Pretty hilarious.

hmmm I cant imagine any metrosexuals i know being violent...

I imagine they are forced to ban them because they are a target of violence and if that is the case its a complete outrage....

Why not ban the people that are targeting metrosexuals as victims???..... how bizarre... i think that 27yr old organizer has a deep rooted fear of pink.

It's like banning Jews because Nazi's are causing trouble :lol:

386376735_l.jpg

LMFAO, i havent seen a picture of the "hotti" boys for ages

lee hotti

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Oh shit passive that fuckin made my day...unbelievable...those two guys at 1: 13 on that vid made me spit coffee out everywhere. Are these guys for real or what I mean I can't work out weather these guys are just putting it all on or that's really how they all are...fucking hillarious either way but kinda sad if they are like that...and those bitches with their blonde and black hair...rofl.gif

So I can stop werkin on my 6 pack and continue to focus on the whole case now with justification. Damn i love this place :P

"Men sporting blond tips or dyed rats' tails will also be turned away. "

I thought its a given that, new wave of social clothing.should be a large tail [rat like extenting from the butt] clothes for males and perhaps hips [hoops] for females

But plastic cod [balls protectors-kicked in balls] are not only protective and also serve as social status so just get a big one and a bullet vest , and a helmet, should all take of bar possibliblitys .

i could think of nothing worse than being beaten up by a metro hehe id choose a wooping by a shaved head goatie perth bogan any day :)

by the sounds of it they are using the cover of 'metrosexuals' to exclude greek, italian and lebanese guys.

wow nice logic.. thats probably spot on in reality of it all...