The Corroboree
Chiral

The therapists chair.

GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR>>>>AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH....!!

nothing just wanted to scream is all. :lol:

When I drink water I have to finish it in 12 sips.

When I have dirt on my hands I can't touch paper without getting goose bumps.

When I smoke a ciggie it has to be in lots of 3 drags.

:unsure:

I've resisted for quite some time but here goes:

Start of last year my bird Griffin died, mid year my dad got diagnosed with prostate cancer and my little sister announces that she is pregnant to a psychopath. November: my cousin died, upon arriving at the funeral my uncle asked me to be a pall bearer. I arrive home to find one of my birds is egg bound and she dies the next day. A few days later my mum files for divorce. A week later my nan has a stroke and falls and breaks her hip...

This year: My sister has a rare condition that means she dies 3 times during and after childbirth... Although not official she has post natal (lets hope sesame street has a good track record at bringing children up these days)...

Last Monday: my mum admits she's had some problems with her sight but puts it down to glaucoma... Friday: mum calls to tell me she has a brain tumor on her pituitary gland...

Thursday:... turns out the tumor is larger than expected and not restricted to the pituitary gland, therefore the surgery will be via the frontal lobes which means the chance of side effects is significantly higher...

Just need to vent...

Friday night I was out with mates watching bands in Surry Hills and all of a sudden a few of my mates are standing around me looking worried and asking if I'm ok. They bundled me into the ambulance they'd called and then my partner said to the ambo I'd had a seizure or something. WTF? I don't remember anything. Had blood tests, CAT scan, and chest xray, all clear. I was incredibly lucky to get in to see a neurologist today, but the REALLY shitty news is that I'm not allowed to drive for six months! My car is my everything. Being able to drive means so much to me. Not every train station or bus (particularly in my public-transport-starved part of Sydney) is wheelchair accessible, and sometimes then only for certain times of day. The neuro tells me there might be a possibility I could get a kind of reprieve and be able to drive at three months, but he can't say at this stage. I'm also lucky enough to be able to get in tomorrow night for a brain MRI (as opposed to waiting weeks/months) but have to wait a few weeks for an EEG.

I'm quite aware that there's many far worse situations to be in, and I have wonderful friends and family to whom I owe pretty much everything. And I know I can deal with epilepsy, it's just the loss of my independance that really hurts. Time heals all, I just needed to get this off my chest :)

Of course, there's always the one great piece of news that comes with knowing you can't drive; you don't have to stay sober all the time ;)

I cant stop smoking pot... 50 cones a day for 10 years... my lungs hurt... like i mean they really fucken hurt... infected to the max... but i just cant stop... its my best friend... maybe if i had real friends...

When i enter a room and its dark i must first close my eyes.. then switch the light on , so the light is on, then i open my eyes... i have to do this when leaving the room also... It must be done at the exact time my eyes close otherwise my entire family might die....( started when i was 6.. been going for a while)

Edited by vual

My bastid neighbour (dont know which) lopped the top off of my prize Eileen specimen, all in the space of 15 mins while it was in the tralier out the front.

about 5 or 6yrs old, 4 big columns 6ft+ which I had purposely never taken cuttings from (dont tell the others but she was my fav)

There were so many other damaged or previously cut ones they could have chosen from but nnnooo they had to choose that one, was cut with a sharp knife too so they must have got onto the whole thing pretty quick.

Since then Ive had some others pinched as well including my prize loph graft.

Bad karma on you neighbour, bad karma on you.

I cant stop smoking pot... 50 cones a day for 10 years... my lungs hurt...

start eating it?

I had to have a minor surgical procedure today, which involved intravenous sedation. I told them that I have a massive tolerance to benzos. I told them the dose of valium I take to achieve mild sedation. I told them I was concerned that the usual dose of benzo they give might not have any effect on me and just I asked that they check on me to make sure I was sufficiently sedated. According to the nurses it was vitally important not to flinch/move during this particular procedure, that's why they sedate you.

I explained this to the anesthetist, Dr etc.

Of course the sedative (midazolam) had no effect on me at all, nothing I could detect anyway. When I realised they were about to start the painful part of the procedure, the part I supposedly needed sedation for, I ask them "Am I supposed to be sedated for this because the sedative has either not yet taken effect or was ineffective". They said yes you should be sedated now. I told them again that I was not experiencing any sedation at all. They said it might take a while to take effect (it was i.v (midazolam)and administered at least 5 mins prior).

So they started work and I was stone cold sober for the whole thing whichreally fucking sucked.

It pisses me off because both doctors knew that I was as conscious as they were and it was a part of their protocol that sedation is the safest way to do what they had to do to me. They listened to me and even noted in my file that I have a benzo tolerance but when I told them the drugs were not working they refused to help me. I can't think of any other reason for them to act in that way other than they were simply being mean or callous, maybe they thought I am an addict and would say anything to get a higher dose. Either way I think it was just plain nasty. They knew I was in pain and was using great effort not to flinch, they also knew how dangerous it would be if I did flinch.

Why the fuck would they do that to me?

Why the fuck would they do that to me?

you shouldnt have told them about your tolerance as they prolly thought you to be a druggie therefore restricted your anesthetic relief as punishment ... also hospitals suck mostly... i had dislocated my shoulder trying to escape the cops and avoid a drug charge years ago, the shoulder popped back in by itself but when they got me they still handcuffed my arms behind my back knowing that i had just dislocated my shoulder ( the pain! the pain! ) they took me to the hospital and whispered something to the nurses like ''dont give him any pain relief'', all they gave me was one panadol, cunts!

I've been extremely aware of my codeine tolerance (which is far less now than it was the last time I had surgery) and I've been honest about it with the anaesthetists and post-op recovery room nurses and ER doc for a different time in hospital. Luckily for me though I guess because I'm a mere female and not "junky-looking" (what a cop-out...) so they obliged me by giving me more than they would otherwise. But holy damn I couldn't imagine how horrible that would've been for you Jim and Blowng :(

And then you get the odd doc who actually feels your pain, I had one doc who gave me "Vitamin P" pethidine even though my procedure had to be cancelled. There should be more like that dude.

Edit @paradox,

Oh absolutely interesting! I don't really know if it's epilepsy yet, all I know is this recent one was a full on textbook seizure and while reading about it yesterday was fascinated to discover how perfectly my symptoms fit perfectly. But, after I was given epidural overdose ten years ago, I had a respiratory arrest for about 2mins or so before the crash cart came, and apparently I had a fit of some kind then, which they attributed to the pharmacological effects of overdose of the fentanyl. The Neuro yesterday said there's even a possibility my brain was scarred a tiny bit ten years ago and has just taken a long time to present itself. How weird is that? Tonight's MRI might show something.

Edited by FancyPants

fancypants i hope everythings ok when you get the results back! do you have epilepsy? an old friend was diagnosed recently... i also haver another friend who has pretty regular seizures & he has some very amazing stories to tell of these experiences... i don't know a great deal about it but it's a very interesting condition indeed... a little scary of course but very interesting when it comes to neuroscience & consciousness & is interestingly related to 'shamanic' type states & spontaneous abilities of genius etc ... either way, good luck & i hope you get the freedom of your car back soon!

blowg

That's a real shit go mate. What happened in your story is straight up sadistic. Surely it benefits no one involved to deny a patient pain relief.

What really shits me about my case is that it was 5.30am, I had slept well, consumed no drugs or alcohol for 2 days prior, I hadn't had any kind of benzos for about 3 weeks and I was clean shaven, neatly dressed etc (it shouldn't matter but I am sure appearance matters with some doctors). All I did was tell the truth, even that I don't like taking benzos (true) and only take them because my doctor will not let me stop taking valium abruptly (also true) because of a cardiac issues (the same issues they were treating today).

It makes no sense. What did those doctors stand to gain by not giving me even the slightest level of sedation?

Edited by Sonny Jim

The best thing to do IMO Sonny Jim is to go and talk to the place/authority of the place about what happened, talk it over rationally, get your point across and get a solid answer out of them, i assume it would have to be a formal complaint, i've no experience in it, but i'd imagine if you took it verbally to them, they'd be obliged to turn it into a formal complaint, don't let these things slide, get your story straight and take it to them. Ideally you probably should have started moving to prove you are fully mobile, give them no option than to not start the procedure in the first place, but honestly take the complaint to them.

Edited by gerbil

When my GF (19, looked 16 and cute as a button) went into Box hill hospital due to a bad hit of stimulant they left her laying in a cot in writhing in agony for hours before a Dr. talked to her (didn't want to leave her in the waiting room because she was concerning the others) then when they finally spoke to us she had to tell them that because she gets her methadone across town she hadn't had it yet so she needed them to give it to her (hospitals are allowed to do this and can do emergency dosing if a chemist cant be accessed or a patient is ill etc).

This really did it for them, a stupid stim user smack head putting on a show so she can get her dose/fix whatever.,

Even though she was screaming, kicking, scratching her face saying her head and neck were about to explode from the pressure in her skull, it was about another 6hrs before the Dr came back to check on her, with the nurses telling us she can have her dose once the Dr gives the all clear.

I honestly though she was going to die and FYI I was totally straight.

Finally, after about 7hrs the Dr decided that they want to do a lumbar puncture to check for meningococcal, once they do that she can have her dose BUT if you feel like thats all too much and your starting to feel better your welcome to leave.

In other words, we want to see if this junky bitch will really go through with a lumbar puncture to get her dose and if she is really sick well its probably a good idea anyway (and it was but should have been done when we got there)

So, My GF accepts and they start to get really shitty but carry out the preps, then my Mum walks in the door looking very professional and the attitude changed in an instant, all of a sudden they were treating her like a real person and "aww you poor baby, do you want a teddy to hug'.

They went through with the puncture, found nothing, gave her the dose and we went home as by now the symptoms had started to subside and they had given her some meds.

It was just fucking disgusting.,

seems like all too frequent occurrence, social attitudes to things they don't understand and are more or less raised to despise and fear, I recall BZ. on these forums telling us about his experience with the emergency ward regarding inability to urinate because of a specific substance, from memory their response was something like 'well guess you should have thought about that before you took it' and pretty much laughed at him. Disgusting that these people are the apparent caring experts in our society, yet we all know our medical and mental health system is an absolute joke, but that doesn't make it any easier nor acceptable. Not all folk are like it, but seems that there are a good portion in the ranks, wonder how they'd feel if it was them in the situation, well i don't really wonder, know the answer hands down. Terrible state of affairs.

start eating it?

Im addicted to the ritual.. the habit... the bong.. i am addicted to putting the bong against my lips.. i am addicted tot he feel of smoke inside of me... :(

I know this bong wont get me any more stoned... but i need the smoke inside of me... i just smoke it anyway... just a waist... constantly..

I recall BZ. on these forums telling us about his experience with the emergency ward regarding inability to urinate because of a specific substance, from memory their response was something like 'well guess you should have thought about that before you took it' and pretty much laughed at him.

Yep. That's pretty much the way it went. Regardless of the cause, the condition was very real. I don't know exactly how close I was to suffering serious bladder damage or other complications, but I really feel that I was put at risk by the very people who are meant to be there to help. It's not about whether I made choices that they believed made me deserve the outcome, it's about the fact that in their eyes - as a drug user - I am a lower class of citizen and don't deserve the same rights to health that others do.

Whenever I see a story in the news about a poor ambulance officer or doctor who was just trying to help, getting attacked by a dirty junkie, I wonder how much of the story we are not being told.

If these doctors had tried to continue the surgery after informing them of the situation I would immediately say "STOP", at the top of my voice, "do not touch me again. This procedure is over and You will not be recieving any compensation for this 'procedure' you tried to AFFLICT upon me. Try and sue me cunt, you're done."

This is assualt. Fuckers. deserve nothing, not even a name. Call themselves doctors. Lodge a complaint and clearly highlight that inflicting pain on another human being without consent is assualt.

Make this clear to the doctors, if they play the 'aggressive game', meaning you have to submit to them, inform them that you do not wish to touch them, but they are seeking to assualt your body. They are the aggressors.

Then to call you a drug addict or to treat you as a second class citizen, dude dont be questioning yourself, THEY ARE IN THE WRONG, they should feel guilty and like a piece of shit. Look down on them, shame for the shameful. Love for the loving. Save your respect for those who deserve it.

No offence intended towards Sonny Jim and the way he handled it.

Edited by ref1ect1ons

causing trouble in a hospital is a good ticket to the police station.

resisting arrest and then expecting good treatment is crazy talk...

• Like 1