The Corroboree
Evil Genius

Crossbowers around?

Hi Guys, any crossbowers around? I think about buying me a Crossbow for self defense purposes. During the last year there were two attempts to break into my house and that freaks me out! It really surprised me that people broke in because there´s absolutely nothing to steal here apart from books and cacti. The german law does not allow any guns and apart from tasers, a crossbow would be the closest i an get to a real weapon. But i have doubts that i crossbow could be used on short distance. And i assume that it takes prep work to make the crossbow ready to shoot before i could use it. Is this still the case with the modern generation of composite crossbows? Because if it isnt ready to shoot very fast, it wouldnt help me at all in case some burglars would suddenly be standing in my kitchen floor. So, any experiences with this kind of weapon? bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

A good knife is handy, close quarters.

cops less likely to ask 'what was a knife doing in your kitchen?' ;)

Its easy to get big bad nasty paranoid guys with guns called cops on your side.

Just a video as a spy camera.

All they want is identifification, otherwise they [cops] think its a fuck off waste, of resources,time, and whats particularly pisses them off as they would like to get they bad guy.

Rapists.

All the above is a on how to get along with cops without being shot.

Husband: "Ummm Sweety...the darn cross-bow went off again would you mind getting the door,Im kinda stuck at the moment"

Kick'em in the nuts ask Questions later EG.

Surely you're not for real..please tell me you wouldn't...please?

It might be easier on yourself to install better security for your house than living with the thought of shooting an arrow at a human at close quarters for the rest of your life? Even if the fucknuts are trying to break into your house it's going to be an intense situation if you crossbow someone?

On another note... it sounds like a shit place to live if you have the fear that someone is going to break in on you etc. That would suck. I'm feeling alot of gratitude for where I live right now, I don't even lock my car when I go into the shops... and they give me credit lol

Maybe you could rig up a blow dart with some super tranquillizer in it so you don't kill anyone and they just drift off to sleep while you call the police?

I would suggest 'Bear Mace' if you can get it that stuff will take down anything and from a good distance (Dog the bounty hunter Style, "go with Jesus'). :P

I imagine some homemade spray from Naga Dorset chillies or something would also do the trick.

For the adventurous (and those looking for a court date), I remember reading on a US forum that some home defense nuts suck the paint out of paint gun balls and replace it with said mace and other suitable liquids or powders.

I certainly wouldn't suggest doing any of the above unless it legal in your area though, of course.

Hi Guys, thanks for the tips. I already have a one can of mase, two knives and a baseball bat laying beside my bed. :lol: Ok, i have to admit it sounds a little bit hostile. Luckily i never had to use any of it. I have so much self defense stuff laying beside my bed because i have a history of burglars, attempted killings and numerous attacks against me.So i try to be on the safe side here.

cops less likely to ask 'what was a knife doing in your kitchen?' ;)

yeah Legba, maybe i underestimated the negative impression that it might make, if i should shoot a burglar with a crossbow. It would be very hard to declare that self defense argument to a judge.

Surely you're not for real..please tell me you wouldn't...please?

lol yeah mescalito, maybe the idea with the crossbow isnt that practicable. Its just that we get more and more armed burglars and robberies around here. I already had someone point a gun in my face twice and i also have been shot at a few years ago. It wasnt that pleasant and it bothers me that germans arent allowed to have weapons at home. Only exeption to that rule is for hunters but thats not an option for me as i would never shoot an animal. Im not aggresive at all but i dont like the idea of being stabbed ot shot by some guy for a few bucks.

It might be easier on yourself to install better security for your house than living with the thought of shooting an arrow at a human at close quarters for the rest of your life? Even if the fucknuts are trying to break into your house it's going to be an intense situation if you crossbow someone?

yeah meanies, i know how fucked up that sounds. I dont plan shooting someone. I just dont like the feeling of being helpless. I´d be happy to buy me better security but i cant afford it right now. Im in a very bad financial situation right now and i thought that a bowmight be not that expensive. I already have cameras but this does not help the actual problem.

Any chance of a guard dog?

Good Idea JD. Bying a nice pitbull would solve most of my Problems. But unfortunately he would probably eat my chihuahua. :wink:

For the adventurous (and those looking for a court date), I remember reading on a US forum that some home defense nuts suck the paint out of paint gun balls and replace it with said mace and other suitable liquids or powders.

Nice Idea, Andy. Sounds good. I never had a paintball but that might be an option. Do you think that such a paintball could stop someone from attacking? Oh, and is paintball paint foodsave? I mean if i suck it out etc.

Edited by Evil Genius

Paint ball guns really fucking hurt & will leave a nice bruise or even break skin at close range , i have heard of people drying the paint balls out so they are rock hard or making their own more solid projectiles around the same size & weight that can do allot of damage (i think it was a mixture of course rock salt & wax)

This may just piss someone off more & give them a reason to hurt you

Just making your sleeping area more secure or a safe room to retreat to is one option, insurance can cover theft

I like the idea of a good tazer then hit em with some mace & finally while they are incapacitated giving them a few good hard swift kicks to the nuts for good measure

Edited by mac

Hit the fuckers in the face with a lump of hard wood, after they have rolled over asleep , shove a conduit pipe up there anus, once deep, feather a length of barb wire up the opening of said pipe. Then simply slide and remove the pipe over the wire. That shoud leave them with only the wire to remove themselves when they have come to. Thats how my dear old nanna used to do it anyways. (Bless her)

Edited by Mr B.caapi

Evil Geniuses are banned across the globe from owning any weapons, including crossbows. Infact any sharp objects.

Your out of luck big guy. I think in the meantime Devance came up with the best idea (I think) get some camera action set up inside your place.

You will at least have piece of mind that you will always have evidence.

Maybee time to move to a nicer area?? with a yard for your cacti and a guard ethno-dog??

can you put on good/better locks??

fake camera system may divert thives?

yeah Legba, maybe i underestimated the negative impression that it might make, if i should shoot a burglar with a crossbow

bwwaa harr haa!! You would definately make the papers.

police told an old lady i woked for who had been broken into, that if she ever 'donged' a break and enterer on the head and killed them, t put a kitchen knife in their dead hand lol And claim self defense. If u badly injure a burglue here you can stand to be sued by the hurt burgler.

Edited by incognito

get a cattle prod or taser i reckon, at least you wont kill some prick...maybe for dramatic effect find yourself a fake grenade and just pretend your a crazy suicidal prick like that guy from lethal weapon and you will blow

edit

double post

Edited by santiago

Evil Geniuses are banned across the globe from owning any weapons, including crossbows. Infact any sharp objects.

Ha ha ha Nito! Epic! :lol: But unfortunately true.

can you put on good/better locks??

Yeah, i changed the locks recently. Finally. Before that i had a lock that looked like it was from the cavemans.

Maybee time to move to a nicer area??

Well, i plan to move during the next few months. But to a worse area. :wink:

get a cattle prod or taser i reckon, at least you wont kill some prick

yeah Santiago, i like tasers. I recently bought me one but i forgot to mention it above. Its not very usable because it sone of the ones that dont shoot wires. But nevertheless, better than nothing.

maybe for dramatic effect find yourself a fake grenade and just pretend your a crazy suicidal prick like that guy from lethal weapon and you will blow

I like that Idea man. Imagine that burglar kid´s face when im pretending to go postal with a fake handgranade. Pure Gold.

Ok long story short; no Rambo 2-Crossbow Action for Eg. Well, but maybe its better. No, it´s definately better. Jail sentence not desired. I really thought that it would fit under the self-defense paragraph. But as soon as i saw the story written in my post, i knew that that does not look good. :P

Edited by Evil Genius

you can stand to be sued by the hurt burgler.

Dead men tell no tales. :wink:

Edited by Legba

Evil Genuis forget the crossbow, machine gun, nuclear weapon. If you kill someone and it is easy to do with a crossbow you will end up in prison. My Dad is german and he is always talking about how strict german law is compared to here in Queensland.

Couple of suggestions: 1. Slingshot with glass marbles. Quicker to fire and hurts like a bitch.

2. my fav :):P Go to the local toyshop and get a supersoaker, you know those big ass water pistols. Then get your hands on birds eye chillies and what ever is hot as and a cheap bottle of vodka. Grind the chillis and let them steep in the vodka for a bit. Load up the supersoaker and it is spray and pray time :). You spray and they pray. Even if 5 of the fuckers come busting into your house, you can stop them in their tracks quick smart. Just aim for the eyes, forhead part. When they wipe the stuff off from their eyes it just rubs it in. No need to even cal the cops, the amount of screaming they will be doing will bring the whole SWAT team to your place anyway.

3. If you can get it, (itching powder). Use the old ninja trick of hollowed out egg shells with itching powder on the inside. Lob a few of them at them. and watch them race outside straching like mad.

Google pranks or something to find other less lethal ways to make their lives miserable.

Good lUck with it.

GC

Screw doing uni assignments right now. This is hilarious! Not that you are being broken into... just some of the replies!

Perhaps for peace of mind you could install a bar across your front/back door while you are home... wouldn't be too hard to do and would give you time to reach for any of the above mentioned things. I particularly like the idea of the chilli water pistol. When you aren't home is going to be a different story though. If you can't afford better security atm then I dunno.

Perhaps some strategically placed peres would do the trick? A shitload near the doors etc. The guys breaking in aren't going to know what they are and boy will they regret pushing them out of the way!

Sounds like a shit situation dude. Hope it gets better

Hey man, they didnt do anything too you by the sounds of things- not much to worry about for where im sitting.

This may be something that you can let rattle you for a bit but keep living.

I can say this cos during May this year i got broken into, i came home just in time to meet him face too face ( a real ruff nut too), i didnt punch him and he didnt punch me , its all good.

Ok heres my tips for every one who encounters an ordinary knucklehead burgular.

* Remember they are scared too hey, just as scared as you.

*At all times keep your eyes on them, never ever turn your back, under no circumstances turn your back on the inturder, actually really try maintain eye contact all the time, scary shit but dont look down they are waiting for that moment when they feel your like a scared as shit puppy.

*Dont not try and harm the intruder,

*Most important - never block an easy route for there escape, eg dont stand between them and the doorway

always alow them easy access to run away, cos thats what they do most of the time. :)

Imagine if you fumbled and missed with your crossbow, axe or whatever, surley a dangerous situation.

Know how you feel EG.

I don't think everyone should have guns just me because I am such a nice guy. But unfortunately guns are frowned upon in Australia so I can't break the law.

Tasers and pepper spray,Blackpowder,BB guns,paintball guns, body armor,lawn darts.... also banned. Banning pepper spray and tasers is unfair to women and handicapped people.

With non lethal weapons illegal your are left with tire irons, knives, machetes,cattle prods,Agricultural propane torches,spears,Wasp/Hornet insecticide spray (the kind that shoots 20 feet) might slow them down a little?or just make them angry lol

If you hear them breaking in downstairs with time to spare having a professional grade chainsaw (Stihl, Husky) one that will reliably start lol might provide a psychological advantage before you even see the naughty person.

If you were robbing a house ,even if you had a gun and on the way up to the bedroom you heard someone pull-start and throttle a chainsaw it would be unsettling and break your rhythm even if you decided to continue upstairs. Count on them calling your bluff. Hopefully no one will break in.

1controversial-gal-texas-chainsaw-m.jpg

Fuck weapons. I have a basement. :P

post-1140-1256689203_thumb.jpg

Edited by Evil Genius

maybe put one of these near the door somewhere http://www.flickr.com/photos/animalmakers/...pool-movieprops

And one of these on the table http://www.frankensteinlabs.com/hufere.html

And maybe rig one of those laser things that shops have but instead of a "ding" have a chainsaw sound effect starting in the next room. I;m sure that would work.

Paint ball guns arent banned in Australia there are paint ball clubs all over the shop, Airsoft on the other hand is not allowed.

need gun licence to get paintball guns or to get crossbows, i shoot hand guns at a club and god fuck me its a head fuck to get a licence.. having said that i have sex with my 9mm every night..

Muhaha

Paint ball guns arent banned in Australia there are paint ball clubs all over the shop, Airsoft on the other hand is not allowed.

Not banned but considered a firearm lol.

"Paintball Guns or Paintball Markers are a firearm in Australia.

To own a Paintball Gun or Paintball Marker an individual must have a shooters licence, the police issue these

To buy a Paintball Gun or Paintball Marker you must have a PTA (permit to acquire) or your relevant state equivalent.

Remember to obtain a shooters licence you must have completed and passed a firearms safety course. Look up the yellow pages go to index and look under shooting ranges or go to http://www.yellowpages.com.au and search shooting ranges. Call the respected shooting range and ask about firearms safety course in your local area."

Too many bullshit laws. What is the point of going through the red tape and getting a gun if you can't keep it loaded and the police can come visit you anytime to "inspect it"?

If safety is a concern lock the gun in a safe. It sounds crazy.........But it is actually safer to always keep your guns loaded since you will always respect the danger and never pull the trigger without expecting a bullet to come out. "Unloaded" guns are what cause the accidents. I remember asking my friend about a strange bullet hole in his door. 7.62X39 round from his Bulgarian AK went through the bedroom door,through the floor and a few other walls into the bathroom lol Dumb ass it wouldn't be so funny if someone was downstairs at the time. Good idea to keep guns locked up if you have kids round but always keep them loaded. For safety's sake....................Plus they work work better that way.

This might be good for self defense. Super Sonic Nausea attach it to a remote switch or have a few around the house and a set of earplugs along with the chainsaw of course : )

142224__texas_chainsaw_l.jpg

Classic Film