The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
GoOnThen

Boot Sale Monster

Hi All

A couple of pics of my new additions :wub: from boot sale and other members

My initial thoughts were to plant the cuts as they are but after many hours of reading I decided to cut them into approximately 300 mm cuttings

I think I have caught the cactus bug is there any help for me or am I done for. :P

Any thoughts on IDs

Third photo identified as Eileen the one in the pot as super pedro

post-4489-1254455874_thumb.jpg post-4489-1254456882_thumb.jpg post-4489-1254456325_thumb.jpg post-4489-1254456297_thumb.jpg

post-4489-1254456497_thumb.jpg post-4489-1254456605_thumb.jpg

Should I cut this out or see what happens as it calluses ?

post-4489-1254456540_thumb.jpgpost-4489-1254456561_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Got

post-4489-1254455874_thumb.jpg

post-4489-1254456297_thumb.jpg

post-4489-1254456325_thumb.jpg

post-4489-1254456497_thumb.jpg

post-4489-1254456540_thumb.jpg

post-4489-1254456561_thumb.jpg

post-4489-1254456605_thumb.jpg

post-4489-1254456882_thumb.jpg

post-4489-1254455874_thumb.jpg

post-4489-1254456297_thumb.jpg

post-4489-1254456325_thumb.jpg

post-4489-1254456497_thumb.jpg

post-4489-1254456540_thumb.jpg

post-4489-1254456561_thumb.jpg

post-4489-1254456605_thumb.jpg

post-4489-1254456882_thumb.jpg

Sweet find GoOnThen, some very nice cuttings there from the car boot sale. The first looks like a nice blue T.peruvianus, second T. pachanoi and the third looks like a T. bridgessii. Nice plants, esp. the blue peruvianus. The one in the pot looks like a hybrid maybe peruvianus X pachanoi but I'm only guessing. Nice plant tho. I personally would not have cut them at all and planted as is but they grow either way. Re: the wounded one, I would just let it callous rather than cutting again, it will heal over as it dries i imagine.

And no, apparently once bitten, there is no reliable cure for the cactus bug B)

Edited by Micromegas

In the first pic i would say..

Left: pach x bridgesii

Mid: long spine pach

Right: pach

All the rest look like different pachanoi variants.

Very nice Trichocereus "true blue" peruvianus!

wow man didnt realise you bought them! i remember the big fucker is a Roseii. i would plant the Roseii and Eilleen as is! as for the bug. your life changes now! you will be collecting for the rest of your life :P

Edited by Bush_Turkey

Looks like Rosei! :) Def a peru!

I just couldn’t help myself they are all amazing cuts but the big sucker (Rosie?) was a must have.

It was I bit bigger but I traded a piece with Fenris?

I did chop them up into smaller cuttings and now with the other cuts from the boot sale my collection is about 10 x bigger than it was. :lol:

We just need winter to piss off and get some more warm weather so in a few weeks when I plant my babies they can go straight outside.

Im sure all the West Aussie guys gave me IDs on all of the cuts but by the time I got home I was only positive on Mike and Bruce and Im worried I have mixed them up. :BANGHEAD2:

Thanks for the input guys

Cheers

Got

are you able to post a pic of them??? ill should be able to reconize "mike" :)

My lord, I forgot how massive that middle cut was - the 2L coke bottle looks puny next to it! GoOnThen, it was better that you cut them now - if you propagate like crazy for the first year or so you can plant all the pups out and let them grow to their full glory! Just goes to show what a 40cm pot with good cacti mix in it and plenty of sun and water can do for any trich!

Anywho, after examining the mother plants from the cuts I gave you, the two unknown strains (from the first pic) are ex-SAB clones. The pach-looking is most likely "lance" but the middle gargantuan I cannot find the name for. It was offered for sale ~ 3-4 years ago and it was a little more $$ due to the degree of blueness that the clone develops - I'm pretty sure it had a feminine name. Perhaps Torsten could shed some light of the subject in place of my shambolic labeling system?

Thanks Oxy the provider of legend cuts. :worship:

When you lugged these out of your car we were all truly amazed at the size and quality of you offerings.

Its all good with the ID's I’m just happy to have such great looking cacti.

are you able to post a pic of them??? ill should be able to reconize "mike"

The cactus I think is Mike is only a small cutting that is just starting to pup I think that one came from Gilligan?

For my new found addiction I have a big stack of labels and a heap of big pots. Now I have just got to get them planted.

All input is much appreciated

Cheers

Got

goonthen - the small cutting ya got was bruce, the larger one from gilligan is mike :)

to all others tryin to contact gilligan, he is out of contact for a week or so but hasnt disappeared. :)

I'm gunna give Gilligan a big tounge kiss when I see him...and I'm not gunna brush my teeth for a month before hand either...he sent me what he called his macrogonus ...eehheem Mr SS Minnow it's a nice chunk of cuzcoensis..lmao

Thanks for that PD

I can’t believe how addictive cacti are first thing I do in the morning and when I get home from work is check on my babies. :wub:

I had told my self no more cacti until next year but that lasted about a week.

I am already chasing down new cuttings.

Cheers

Got

I'm gunna give Gilligan a big tounge kiss when I see him...and I'm not gunna brush my teeth for a month before hand either...he sent me what he called his macrogonus ...eehheem Mr SS Minnow it's a nice chunk of cuzcoensis..lmao

Bleh... It was sold to me as macro, hunab, hence it followed suit, and i've still got it tagged as a macro. Seems the two get interchanged all the time, as they're pretty similar...

Are you saying i ripped you off?

You can stick ur tongue up ur arse, it aint going nowhere near me...

Bleh... It was sold to me as macro, hunab, hence it followed suit, and i've still got it tagged as a macro. Seems the two get interchanged all the time, as they're pretty similar...

Are you saying i ripped you off?

You can stick ur tongue up ur arse, it aint going nowhere near me...

Hah...I just saw this...no I don't think I was ripped off at all,..I sweet as and don't sweat about such things.. just clarified the ID of the plant is all...it's still a kick ass plant for sure..actually bought a seed grown peruvian off e-bay some 4 months ago and when it arrived I discovered it too was a cuzco...the pics showed it being a very nice peruvian..but alas it was a cuzco too.

Not that I see any that migrated west from here,but Madre',Padre' and The Wasp may be in your area or possession recently :wink:

Umm I'd chuck out the pellets too man YUK.

Snails or slugsa problem,then use sawdust it sticks them up.

Nice haul B)