The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Chiral

Pot Smoker fined at 'annual' raid

LINK

A MAN'S appearance in Gympie Magistrates Court on a drug possession charge was the result of an annual raid on his home, the court heard earlier this week.

David Ross Lloyd, 44, said having to front up to court was an ongoing thing for him, because he had been smoking cannabis for 30 years.

“This is an invasion of my privacy - (officers) coming into my home,” he told the court.

“I have a few smokes to calm myself down and that makes me a bad man?

“The Tin Can Bay cops do it every year ... sometimes they find some, sometimes they don't.”

Lloyd said he had tried to give up over the years and when asked why he didn't choose to live in South Australia where the laws on cannabis were more lenient, he said it was still “pretty draconian” in the southern state.

“The reason (officers) come to my house is because I refuse to move,” Lloyd said.

The magistrate told him he would need to find another relaxant to avoid being charged the next time he was raided by police.

“I tried drinking alcohol - it just got me into more trouble,” he replied.

Lloyd, of Glorious Avenue, Cooloola Cove, was ordered to stay out of trouble for the next eight months while on a good behaviour bond.

In another matter before the court, Brendan George Jarvis, 24, was placed on a good behaviour bond for three months for possession of a pipe used for smoking an illegal substance.

The court heard Jarvis caught police officers' attention when he was walking in the middle of the road on September 3, yelling profanities at passing motorists.

He was charged with committing a public nuisance and a search of his belongings uncovered a pipe used in connection with smoking a dangerous drug.

He blamed a few drinks and an argument with his girlfriend for his behaviour, but said he was on the edge of the road, not in the middle.

Jarvis, of Nash Road, Gympie, was fined $100 for committing a public nuisance and for the possession charge he was placed on a good behaviour bond for three months with the condition he attend a one-day drug rehabilitation workshop.

when asked why he didn't choose to live in South Australia where the laws on cannabis were more lenient

And here we were thinking it was still a free country :slap:

The poor bastard cant even have a cone in his own home , another example of the bullshit laws in this country & the dickheads who target the small fish to enforce those bullshit laws we have to live with :bong::wave-finger:

:blink: maybe all Australians who smoke pot should move to SA ? or better still Amsterdam :wacko:

Edited by mac

Or California..things are moving in a very positive direction over there currently.

Yeah i saw a short clip from the early morning NBC news saying a certain % of professional women smoke cannabis & thought they are using the media to soften views before they decriminalize pot in other states of the US

i have a idea how about those who make the laws actually pull a few bongs, id be happy to take Mr Rudd a few high court judges over the border to SA & we will all share a few billys, put on some doof or a cheech n chong flick n chill.

id like to have a cone with kevin id like to have a cone with KEV

we'd smoke in moderation & it dosnt really matter if we get off our head

Edited by mac

i would not share a pinhead worth of chop with any of the cunts, or a single mushroom stem. give me one reason they deserve it.

Disgusting.

They RAID someone who they know is not a dealer or grower...just a smoker.

How are they even allowed to do this?

What a load of crap, SA is the only state where Ive been harrassed by those idiots, simply cause they decided I looked like a cannabis smoker. Then they threatened to arrest me cause I'd been done in victoria before. Nothing lenient about that shit hole.

If your a cannabis smoker the best state to live in is victoria, they never bother you down here unless you do something wrong and even then if they catch you with bud, it goes down the drain and get told to move on.

I would love it they fined pot smokers in greece instead on taking them to jail!

With one arrest and minimal quantity you're pretty OK in greece, but next times and/or bigger than 5-10 gr quantities are big trouble....

Edited by mutant

yeah greece seems pretty draconian in a lot of ways. i have a friend (a very pretty girl) who is greek & her ex boyfriend is in jail still. was busted throwing a Molotov cocktail. pretty sure it was during those riots after the cops killed that kid.

gympie aye? yeah that sux. my only ever experience of gympie was when i was travelling up that way years ago. we went to gympie to try to score a bit of a smoke haha. met these dodgy young girls who tried to get us to stay with them so they could have their way with us lol. after waiting all day for them to hook us up, it went through about 4 different people before it got to us & we ended up with about a 0.5g $50. ahhh gympie....

Or California..things are moving in a very positive direction over there currently.

And hollywood seems to make it a point - anyone else noticed how many films in the last 5 years depict smoking pot as an ordinary thing. Then there are tv series like weeds and entourage. I wanna see some bong sucking on home and away.

And hollywood seems to make it a point - anyone else noticed how many films in the last 5 years depict smoking pot as an ordinary thing. Then there are tv series like weeds and entourage. I wanna see some bong sucking on home and away.

Why not, they've already shown use of nitrous on the show. lol

There is no effing way I want to see pot used in H&A and Neighbours. Have you seen the douchebaggery on those shows lately? Did you see the furore over a single lesbian kiss which might I mention was extremely cheesy and stereotypical. They would likely have some obviously stoner surfie dude say stupid shit like "Dude, pass that Maryjoowanna" and he'd more than likely be a total bum on the show and even though they might portray him in a kind of harmless way, you can bet your couchlocked arse they'd find some way to demonise him - and thus the herb, too.

Gympie/QLD cops... nuff said. You'd think they'd be more worried about getting the methhead clandestine labs up there out in the bush, or go arrest all the fuckwits getting shitfaced on Goldie. But no, they're too hard; a single pot smoker is far easier. Especially one they know isn't a grower or dealer and more likely not to have weapons.

yeah greece seems pretty draconian in a lot of ways.

yeah, but we are draconian when dealing with siple user / offender, but in greece we also have a great political tradition of noone getting punished... it's like some great greek comedian, Harry Clynn had said: "Greece is the only african country with white people!" :lol:

There is no effing way I want to see pot used in H&A and Neighbours. Have you seen the douchebaggery on those shows lately? Did you see the furore over a single lesbian kiss which might I mention was extremely cheesy and stereotypical. They would likely have some obviously stoner surfie dude say stupid shit like "Dude, pass that Maryjoowanna" and he'd more than likely be a total bum on the show and even though they might portray him in a kind of harmless way, you can bet your couchlocked arse they'd find some way to demonise him - and thus the herb, too.

Yeah hehe good point although the show as I remember it was full of dumb ass surfers anyway. Where is 'maryjoowanna' from? I've heard that recently on an album in a skit or was it a bill hicks mp3? If it was H&A it would be more like 'nick off pippa that's my 'MARRAWHAANA''.

Edited by botanika

H&A it would be more like 'nick off pippa that's my 'MARRAWHAANA''.

212032748a421719329b832739771m.jpg Flaming heck who's been into me devils lettuce ??

Edited by mac