The Corroboree
Teotzlcoatl

Why you should NOT smoke Salvia divinorum!

word!

i dont usually make much sense of your posts but this is very good......imho

t s t .

Good points reptyle, nicely said. Interesting breakdown on the specific uses you have found for the substances you use.

Yeah I agree..reptyle's minor breakdowns are pretty spot on although was disappointed he left out mescaline and psilocybin.

I'll do some more mescaline and get back to ya...

as for psilocybin...although i've done a considerable amount of mushrooms, i still can't figure out what they are for...i thought of that afterwards...haha...all i know is that the first time i did mushroom was probably the first time i really had a profoundly psychedelic experience...it was comfortable and deep, and i felt perfectly safe...i met an indian man smoking a pipe and he showed me parts of my future, i writhed in the complex layering of meaning found in the most mundane things surrounding my everyday life. it was an appreciation of value i didn't know existed within the elements of the world.

somewhat an eyeopening antidepressant cosmic initiator. not so tied into heavy religious symbology, more of a individual spiritual freedom, represented by the old Indian man with his own tricks and devices to bring awakening within the morphable dynamically playful new world.

beautiful little elves of perfect individuated love, connected to the depth of the entire planet, which is HOME...

then there's DXM...another day? one word "Qi"... haha

love ya's...

as for psilocybin...although i've done a considerable amount of mushrooms, i still can't figure out what they are for...i thought of that afterwards...haha...all i know is that the first time i did mushroom was probably the first time i really had a profoundly psychedelic experience...it was comfortable and deep, and i felt perfectly safe...i met an indian man smoking a pipe and he showed me parts of my future, i writhed in the complex layering of meaning found in the most mundane things surrounding my everyday life. it was an appreciation of value i didn't know existed within the elements of the world.

somewhat an eyeopening antidepressant cosmic initiator. not so tied into heavy religious symbology, more of a individual spiritual freedom, represented by the old Indian man with his own tricks and devices to bring awakening within the morphable dynamically playful new world.

Damn that was really close to home for me...that whole psilo bit there is strongly reminiscent of some of the trips I've gone through, I've also met native American Indian chiefs, waving feathers across my face and such, also have felt some real deep love, been guided by an unknown guardian, who's voice guided me to meet the "monkey elders", have remote viewed all sots of random people and have been caught in neon style/DMT esque triptamine loops that go round and round until I yell out at them to stop.

For me the most seriously intense psychedelic misadventure of my entire live has been through the use of psychoactive mushrooms, but you know what...I have no fuckin' idea what they are trying to achieve, I'm actually more confused and discombobulated by them than any other psychedelic...perhaps they are just random madness generators that like to fuck with us, deriving some sort of malevolent dark twisted humor for Teonanacatl.

The mushrooms seem to feed the mind with dense amounts of grounded information. almost promoting the fertility of the imagination whilst revealing the hidden worlds living in the imagination behind the conscious necessity for "things" to actually have a "sensible" place in their context.<<heavy

words cannot touch what the mushrooms are capable of...capable is a great word for the mushrooms.

i remember a serious amount of not being able to talk and tripping out about why i couldnt talk, on mushrooms, thats usually my most distressed state. haha and then the oposite, singing beautufl songs to myself that came from some other absolutely divine realm.

they unlock everything your mind desires in ways that bring you to a humble appreciation for THE power of said God. haha.

could flowery on for houweries...definitely special...i have yet to fully "employ" them i suppose.

yay for mycelium mind.

love.

Wow, reptyle we usually aint on the same frequency, but this analysis, 'breakdown' was great. Really makes sense, and quite according to my own 'objective' observations, at least with those I am familiar with.

To fill-in the puzzle, I will say that psychoactive amanitas belong up there or down there, depends where from you're watching, with the sally, and propably the other synth dissos, like dxm + k. That is, in a pretty high dose amanita experiment.

dissos are alot about death and/or non existence. One cannot seriously experiment with those substances and not experience it. I believe this is the main cause of fear in 'bad trips' on dissos, especially with the very extreme 'trip' cause by salvia extracts that are sold at inadmissable potencies by vendors seeking quick profit before it gets universally banned... anyway.. they have an anaesthetic character in high doses... Lots of release of the armors and defence mechanism from the self.. can be very creative too. In the mind of course.. Recollection of visions isn't always total though...

So would you say that they are for confronting the fear of death? or to understand the progress of the soul through death? or to completely nullify death? or to get super powers?

are they for enhancing the mind? getting a new perspective?

are they for "compacting" or releasing? do they align mental processes or distrupt them enough to bring the informations in from illogicity?

why do people need to know about death if not to overcome it completely?

or is death the gateway by which we move across the landscape of time...

amrita means deathlessness.

nectar of the Gods...we drink beer..."they" "drink" immortality.

Tools.

It's like this:

HAMMER

What it is:

A hammer has a long wooden part which is shaped perfectly to fit the hand...it has a tip made usually of metal, that forms a kind of T shape perpendicular to the handle...it is attached to the handle through a hole in the "head" of the hammer, it has one blunt end, and the other end is like a fork with a slight curve which comes to a point.

What its for:

Hammers are used for applying force to nails so as to insert them through wood to join said wood in various configurations...or to remove nails from similar.

etc.

i would have to agree i do not like smoking salvia i used to grow HER in a green house i started with only 1 cutting and turned that cutting into 200+ tall plants till finally the time was right to do the quid method with fresh leaves

i used 16 leaves the first time wich was pretty good. then the next time i used around 30 in 2 quids. It was a very different experience indeed i could hardly walk and was starting to drift away and noticed really weird thoughts and images poping into my head.

thats about as far as i got till i had to move and lost all my plants.

i am in the process of collecting strains again so if you have any salvia strains please make a trade with me

i have kratom salvia a few san pedros and lots of nice seeds.

pm me if your interested.

hello again

i am surely in a country that allows SD use. So, I ask, how much dry leaf material would one use for one quid??? ... am quidding right now in some stem to get the use of it. it tastes fucken nice. needless to say, this came up when I am so fucken high, booze [beer] & all, and I am thinking bout all of my stuff, the special stuff, and SD crosses the mind and is friend. she has to play right now... smoked of coz

but hey

yeah, quid, I dig, I' into this thing, I make sounds like ding sing fling, hting!

how many grams of dried leaf for a quid in a country sane enough that this is alowed of course... huh?

EDIT/PS: typos - boy, you can smell the alcohol from this post!

Edited by mutant

I just wanna know why folks who disagree cuss at one another so much...is someone mad? Like "im gunna get online and connect with another groups of folks interconnected all over the globe and get intense." OK, Maybe I just had a good day!LOL! ... this is just friends in horseplay rite?...Probably! Maybe at the keypad honesty arises and it is the rest of the day I should call into question.

Edited by hualienfolk

So would you say that they are for confronting the fear of death? or to understand the progress of the soul through death? or to completely nullify death? or to get super powers?

are they for enhancing the mind? getting a new perspective?

are they for "compacting" or releasing? do they align mental processes or distrupt them enough to bring the informations in from illogicity?

Am I the only person who find this totally absurd?

Tools.

It's like this:

HAMMER

What it is:

A hammer has a long wooden part which is shaped perfectly to fit the hand...it has a tip made usually of metal, that forms a kind of T shape perpendicular to the handle...it is attached to the handle through a hole in the "head" of the hammer, it has one blunt end, and the other end is like a fork with a slight curve which comes to a point.

What its for:

Hammers are used for applying force to nails so as to insert them through wood to join said wood in various configurations...or to remove nails from similar.

etc.

The suggestions made by Reptyle is like calling a rock a hammer because you can hammer things with it, and then saying that because you can hammer things with rocks, then all rocks are for hammering things.

It is the conflation of use with purpose, a very human delusion.

I too agree, smoking Salvia is not like the quid method.

Smoking it is not nearly as enjoyable or spiritual for me.

These days you have a lot of people who justify their drug use with a lot of pseudospiritual mumbo jumbo about enlightenment. Take a step back from these people when you are in the same room as them and take a good look. Ain't nothing spiritual or enlightened about these folks, just their presumption that their drug experiences afford some sort of insight and so they call their delusions insights and then say that drugs have enlightened them. But then shamanism isn't the same as drug use, despite the way the word is being abused now to mean drug use and often abuse.

Shamanism does use many tools, and drugs are often used as shamanic tools. But using drugs does not make one a shaman.

One thing that is clear about the new generation of new age pseudoshamans, they don't respect the old traditions or knowledge involving them. A clear example of this is found in the use of Salvia, to many shamans smoking this material is considered profane. As was mentioned previous, it is unlikely that it was never tried by that method in a culture where people smoked all sorts of things. In other words smoking salvia is not some modern innovation, it was seen as an inferior method.

The same can be said about DMT, pipes have been unearthed showing that tryptamines were indeed smoked in the Andes at one point, but this use fell into disfavor. The arrogant pseudoshamans have no respect or trust of the generations that came before, and so disregard the result of thousands of years of trial and error, thinking that they can figure out more online than 30 generations of real shamans could over more than a thousand years of practicing shamanism.

So those who won't pay attention, who justify their own delusion by invoking the myth of the ignorant savage, are the real losers here. They fail to benefit from the knowledge of the plants, ergo they are not ethnobotanists at all, for they disregard the ethnic knowledge that has been passed down regarding these sacred species. Go ahead and justify your own abusive indulgence by pretending that your hedonism will somehow result in spiritual advancement or enlightenment. Just make sure you ignore the generation of psychedelic burnouts with anxiety and depression that is the real tradition you pseudoshamans are participating in. It is funny how many arrogant assholes think that their drug use made them enlightened, when all it did was swell their ego. They loudly proclaim their ego death in a egotistical manner, parading around their unguided drug stupor as if it was some type of spiritual experience. Boasting about the dose they took, but not ever becoming enlightened.

Edited by Archaea

Hualienfolk one could argue your post is prophetic. Cheers & welcome, by the way...

Archaea, don't get this wrong, but it's pretty obvious that you especially are not entitled to make such assumptions about people on the net, from what they write on the net, from what YOU make of their use etc etc. Sure there are lots of idiots, which specific ones are you adressing here mate???

The two quotes from rahli you gave make perfect sense IMO/IME, you didn't even explain why you find them absurd. Substances are tools. Not teachers. Not passageways to the divine - well not necessarily. Not entities, for sure.

Moreover, and IMO, it's people who take too much , too often, psychedelics, usually with a somewhat obsessed stance towards enlightment, plant teachers and all that shit, those that I call psychedelic theists. What psychedelic theists advocate and promote is fine by me, until they come out as the real thing, the real enlightment, and feel the tendency to claim that dangerously high amounts of the classics is the real thing, or that dissociative substances are not psychedelics, that methamphetamine and coke is the demon and that shit psych - theists commonly believe.

Funnily enough most heavy psych users are forced to use opiates and/or sedatives as a result of their mental instability, their psych use, or both. Thus, they never demonise opiates/sedative , at least the way they do with daturas, speed and coke. In a lesser degree alcohol and dissociatives are dismissed too...

SO despite the fact I highly regard the practical knowledge and experience of psychedelic theists, like you Archaea, your supposed enlightment which [weird for people who always claim to have beated the ego] you advertise as the true and right enightment etc etc is what I definately find as the great indication to spot false conclusions, messiah syndrome complexes, illusions, dellusions...

So spare us the enrolled preaching and give me the dry-weight of sally leaf I asked :bootyshake:

pipes have been unearthed showing that tryptamines were indeed smoked in the Andes at one point

this is not proof they smoked dmt, only evidence they smoked something. talk about absurd! REFs man, REFs

on sally

to many shamans smoking this material is considered profane.

here too! bring on evidence or it's not true. even if it is, nothing is profane or holy for me, only those that I choose to regard profane holy or whatever!

even then, I argued previously, they propably couldn't work with that kind of experience, but I can. Fuck the shaman obsession, I was born in 1979! Those poor bastards must have shitted their pants when they first smoked enough of it...

Talking too much about something you will never be, that is a shaman, a supposedly truely enlightened being in constant equilibrium is something those who advocate those short of stuff have to support more and not blame others for their complexes and ambitions, cause these beings shamans , in their ideal form do not exist, and even if they exist, they are children of another, older world, a rarity from another culture, far different than ours [western, modern one].

In fact I am saying that you are not so much different than the people you accuse: you only think you are the real thing, your enlightment is real while for others its faked or whatever you claim.

lets see how enlightened you are :)

Edited by mutant

this is not proof they smoked dmt, only evidence they smoked something. talk about absurd! REFs man, REFs

This is commonly held knowledge in the entheogenic community, I figured you'd already know about it. No need to provide me with a reference, although I don't really remember the part about it falling out of favor.

I believe it was at Chavin that they found all those smoking and snorting instruments along with Yopo?

mutant your last post, IMHO, lacks cohesion. i didn't invest much energy into reading it, but i think you misinterpreted archaea a bit, at least, i thoroughly doubt he was claiming to be enlightened, and he seems to be having a go at reptyle, not you.

This is commonly held knowledge in the entheogenic community, I figured you'd already know about it. No need to provide me with a reference, although I don't really remember the part about it falling out of favor.

I believe it was at Chavin that they found all those smoking and snorting instruments along with Yopo?

how is it common knowledge? like coleus is inactive? I doubt it. Bring on the evidence ;)

yeah, snorting devices are evidence of snorting habit, but please, find the ref. Is this for real?

ThunderI > My reply to Archaea is irrelevant to whoever he was adressing to... yeah there is some strange syntax but I think the message passes along

Edited by mutant