The Corroboree
blip

Places to buy Acacia in NSW?

Edited by lsdreamz

you could try cumberland forest nursery in pennant hills if you're near sydney. they have a pretty good range of natives, which i think they use to supply rural & forestry (as well as private gardens) tree planting operations.

heres a link for the species list http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pd...-cumberland.pdf

also, if you want large numbers of plants for a good price & can get to the hunter valley i'd recommend going to the state forestry nursery at muswellbrook

species list link http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pd...uswellbrook.pdf

Or u could grow ur own this spring! maidenii is a beautiful tree, and grows rather quick if you have the water for it.

I think where you are obtusifolia would be fine as well.

Plenty of acacia germ teks on here and the net, you could do it its easy, im sure other members would be interested in buying/trading a couple as well (myself included).

Or u could grow ur own this spring! maidenii is a beautiful tree, and grows rather quick if you have the water for it.

I think where you are obtusifolia would be fine as well.

Plenty of acacia germ teks on here and the net, you could do it its easy, im sure other members would be interested in buying/trading a couple as well (myself included).

Yeah i'm only an hour out of Sydney and my Obtusifolia loves it very green and healthy looking although i want to plant him out in the ground come spring I'll check tonight for you LSD I think i have some maidenii seeds in the seed bank post box i need to go and collect and i'm 90 % sure I have some obtusifolia in my private seed collection if I do you can have some of each man

um.. they may not be in the p.o just yet..

um.. they may not be in the p.o just yet..

all cool G.P I think I have some in my private collection I can fix him up with anyway

Edited by lsdreamz

From what I have seen Obtusi's do in the bush they would go off in a couple of years. They are relatively easy to come by as tube stock <gasp> yes it's true. I don't know that there is much of a market for them as mature trees however. Possibly due to their growth habits and root structure... I could be wrong here, and love it when I am, but I think that might be why they don't do so well in pots after the second year or so.

Buy a forest of tube stock obtusi's and plant them somewhere :) I'm sure the spirit of the tree will thankyou

peace

Just get some seeds and grow em....They are not that hard to grow even for beginners.

Edited by lsdreamz

I have more obtusi's coming in spring time if you can wait that long... They are an entity unto themselves and worth growing. :)

Seems that a simple google search will not reveal sources of obtuse... although it is always worth checking your local nurseries where the plant is native as they are likely to stock tubes of them.

just some thoughts.

peace

I have more obtusi's coming in spring time if you can wait that long... They are an entity unto themselves and worth growing. :)

Seems that a simple google search will not reveal sources of obtuse... although it is always worth checking your local nurseries where the plant is native as they are likely to stock tubes of them.

just some thoughts.

peace

Yeah LSD mine was one of the meanies aswell Great healthy little plants mines coming along beautifully so far thanks meanies and I'll definitely be keen to grab a few more when they come round in spring

Thats cool. I hear from the aliens that they are also quite worth growing to maturity... if you know what I mean. A few fresh branches being well worth the effort :)

Go deeems

Thats cool. I hear from the aliens that they are also quite worth growing to maturity... if you know what I mean. A few fresh branches being well worth the effort :)

Go deeems

meanies, the 3 obtusifolias I bought from you in late June '09 are booming, I repotted them soon after receipt and all have lots of new growth, 2 are 25cm tall an the other is 50cm (interesting because they were all approx same height when re potted).

When you have some more ready in Spring let me know please, would love a bunch more :)

Peace.

meanies, the 3 obtusifolias I bought from you in late June '09 are booming, I repotted them soon after receipt and all have lots of new growth, 2 are 25cm tall an the other is 50cm (interesting because they were all approx same height when re potted).

When you have some more ready in Spring let me know please, would love a bunch more :)

Peace.

Thats what mines done too sam Ionly got 1 but yeah its a good 45-50cm tall now very healthy green too

Edited by lsdreamz

I know this thread is old.... but in answer to your question LSD I think that anyone interested in growing plants and buying them from a nursery will be stoked with you.

Current 'trends' in gardening are favouring local plants. If A. Obtusi is native to your area then you are likely to be met with helpful advice and almost thanks.

Round here there are absolute forests of them.

I don't think that you need be the least paranoid about buying a native plant. Bush regeneration is a great thing... and thats all you are really doing right?

peace

oh - and I've got some more for sale if you are interested... pm me.

Edited by meanies