The Corroboree

seems like the rush to take advantage of the governments offer to insulate roofs has caused a serious shortage in materials. I was speaking to a guy yesterday who said there was basically none in Australia. He had over 25 houses waiting for him to get supplies.

There's alot of folks asking for it here:

http://www.alibaba.com/buyeroffers/Insulat...----------.html

BTW, did you know that the insulation/solar hot water grants are an either/or deal? you can get the grant for one or the other, but not both.

yeah everyones jumping on board aye

pretty sure you can get both, like getting solar power and hot water grants

pretty impressed with the gov about all these incentives for greener options at the moment

if more people had solar cells on the roof it would absorb energy and keep the house cooler also

pretty sure you can get both, like getting solar power and hot water grants

not sure exactly what you mean. You can get the grant to get solar power & you can get a grant for a solar hot water system or for home insulation but not both.

Do you take a grant of up to $1600 for home insulation or $1600 towards the cost of a new solar water system? The Federal Government is making householders choose. You’re not allowed both, so which is best?

http://www.solarpay.com.au/home-insulation...ch-is-best.html

With the solar hot water systems, both the state and federal governments give back a portion each so a $4000 system means you get $? from state and $? fed. I forget how much. I got the system but stupid me didn't get the forms filled out and sent in on time. Stupid, stupid me. the final cost only comes to just under a grand if you get all the rebates back.

So maybe the govt doesn't give you that portion of system if you also have the insulation.

Someone told me about this the other day. She said that you don't even have to own the house? She said if i called the real estate up to complain of zero insulation that the gov will come in and put some in. Is this right? It has been soooo hot here the last two days and without insulation i have absolutely cooked. On the first hot day i woke up at 4:30am and was sweating so hard. Apparently it was 36C! WEll in mullum, which is close.

was at a mate's today when somebody knocked on the door to see if he was interested. he told the door-knock guy that the house is rented and the guy just said have a nice day and left.

I'm getting mine done, and I'm renting

http://www.environment.gov.au/energyeffici...tion/index.html

Yep check this link and ring the "Hot" line :wink:

Still waiting for the info pack and application tho...it's been a week and a half?

i aint been reedin uor posts so but anyone concerned over lung cancer yo

I rang a company that uses a recycled paper type insulation (have not heard back from them yet)

its supposed to treated to be fire & rodent resistant but id like to know what chemicals they use, ill have to look into it

Edited by mac

Looks like you can't DIY anymore...anyone having batts put in atm?

The fiberglass they use these days is designed to breakdown and be expelled(apparently:wink:)

used to cough up heaps of shit in the shower!

I couldn't tell you how many roofs I've been in installing A/C's in the past...rock-wool's bad shit when there's 6 other bloody tradesman in there kicking it up too.

We hardly ever used masks...it was go go go!..next job blah glad I'm out of it now.