The Corroboree
SunChaser

Cannabis Law Reform

EDIT.......

Yeah, sorry about that must have given the wrong link the first time :wink:

The Cannavists Round Table

It has to happen eventually here in australia, I mean I know we're backwards in everything! But california has had legal medical cannabis since 96, how long are we just going to drag our feet.

We need to stand up to the NCPIC and show people that they are about creating propaganda not "evidence based information"!!!

Anyway sorry about that, lol.

Edited by jabez

Nice.

I have been lazily trying to educate myself on where Australia is at with MJ laws and what is currently being done to push reforms. It feels a bit futile for the most part though. I'm more keenly watching the USA progress in this area. As soon as they get enough states legalizing medical use and maybe even decriminalization, AU will have to follow. Being that we are lapdogs to the USA as it is.

I'll join up though :)

Looking forward to seeing how this develops.

FYI there is another group of us that have split off from OzStoners.

We're approaching this from the perspective of cannabis law reform through media awareness and public education, starting with us incorporating as a registered non-profit organisation and we are building an accessible website aimed at the general public that we can then refer to in LTEs, TV and Radio etc. Our plan is to go on the offensive here, actively responding to misinformation and lies in the media with science, evidence and facts. The whole story, without bias, and we will let the public make up their own minds based on the evidence.

So I'd encourage everyone to check out both groups, even participate in both, as this cause deserves all the time and energy that you can give it regardless of how or what or where. Cheers,

www.CannabisFacts.info/members/

Edited by niall

Good idea, reform is needed.

Its best the quarrels started at OZS is kept there, dont let the misunderstanding spill over into this forum.

b

Classy. If either of you have anything to do with cannabis law reform in this country, I'm not buying.

Maybe drop the ego and reboot.

Yeah such a shame as it's really hard to take any of this seriously.......

If people within the Cannabis community cant even unite then this has got no chance of happening!

Both groups deserve a look, that's all I wanted to say.

Edited by niall

Just a suggestion, might be best to keep the politics directed between the cause and government, not each separate entity with interest in the same objectives. If you guys have quarrels keep it in private until you sort it out or agree to disagree and leave it at that, this forum in my view is always a fairly peaceful place, nobody want's to read one on one attacks.

I must say it is bloody hard reading a thread when all the edits have left blanks and you can't make heads or tails of what the hells going on..... :angry:

Plus you can't go anywhere when you follow both of the links unless your prepared to join up which really pisses me off....How would I know if I was interested in supporting something that blocks me at the front door :P

Edited by hutch

The edited posts were more of a personal argument which had absolutly nothing to do with the cause. Really sorry about that.

But if you want check things out before you sign up to anything then just go to OZ Stoners and go to the news section of the forums, there's a lot of talk about what we are trying to do there.

You can also get the details for a cannabis awareness rally in Sydney that's being held by the HEMP Embassy on the 7th of this month outside the powerhouse museum. Where the NCPIC will also be having there first anti-cannabis conference. The purpose of the rally is to create awareness of the onesided view the NCPIC try to push on to the public about cannabis.

Check it out if your interested in the cause.

Peace

Everyone looks to america, and their increasingly more liberal stance to marijuana. Well various states in USA anyway. But in Europe the opposite seems to be happening. They are seeing marijuana as a more damaging drug than they had the in the past. The Netherlands and the UK are 2 examples. Netherland regional councils attempting to outlaw marijuana holidays and closing marijuana coffee houses. The UK Downgraded marijuana in 2004 to class C (first personal possession offence a formal warning), then rescheduled it to class B last year.

If y'all get Cannabis legalize in Oz in the next 5 year I will mail every member of the Corroboree $100 cash.

There is no way this is going to happen unless you overthrow your government (Hint, hint).

It's Australia's restriction of personal freedoms that makes me proud to be an American! Our forgien policy much suck, but FUCK being an Oz citizen!

Your government makes BOOKS illegal to buy/read and TOBACCO is illegal to grow!

Teolzlcoatl, although I totally agree with you about australias drug policy being completly peddy, the fact is the US drug policy is outright extreme. I mean they treat you guys like herd animals, ever seen a episode of cops? They just wouldn't get away with treating people like that down here. I'd rather have peddy drug laws that will leave me with a big BS fine anyday, than extreme drug laws that could end me up in jail.

No offence but the US would be a aweful place to live, I mean just look at your healthcare system, it's a disgrace. I think every western country in the world gets a better deal from there government than the US, you guys just get brainwashed from birth that the US is the only free country.

Awesome place to go for a holiday though beutiful country, but I feel really sorry for anyone that actually has to live there.

Blog, what's happening in England is just a phase which is quickly fading, hopefully, LOL.

Wouldn't worry to much about the Netherlands either, it's just conservitives blowing hot air out there arse. There not actually going to start going backwards on one of the only successful drug policies in the world.

Getting Cannabis legalized in the States is a possibility, getting Cannabis legalized in Oz is a crazy pipe dream (unless America does it first)!

Read the new bill which was passed in North Carolina about Salvia divinorum.

I was pleasantly surprised!

I think people in America put more emphasis on the rights on the individual.

No offence but the US would be a aweful place to live

Well they don't teach you to spell correctly in Oz :)

J/K! Have you ever been to the states? It's a nice place.

No comment on healthcare.

I'd rather have peddy drug laws that will leave me with a big BS fine anyday, than extreme drug laws that could end me up in jail.

You can legally do Peyote and Ayahuasca here in the U.S. because we actually have SOME religious freedom and rights.

Can you do Peyote, Ayahuasca (or anything besides alcohol) legally in Oz?

'Nuff said.

Edited by Teotzlcoatl

No country in the WORLD can legalize cannabis BECUASE of the US drug policy that you seem to love so much and BTW, what country jails more of there citizens than any other country in the history of the world; Thats right the great land of the free (what a joke). The US has 3% of the worlds population but yet has 25% of the worlds prisoners.

Enough said. Land of the police state.

Edited by jabez

Come on guys, it's a bit tough picking on each others country. That's how wars start :P and teotzlcoatl, I will take you up on that $100 cash (American please as it's worth more than our auzzie). There is good and bad everywhere. We need a new generation in Government. The young coming through will one day change this stupid law. Don't like our chances of it within the next 5 years but lets see how the court case turns out. We may all be surprised :wink:

Hutch :wink:

Could i just add, forgetting about individual substances, the fact is auststralia has a 'harm reduction' drug policy, well the US has a 'total eradication' drug policy, which is totally unrealistic.

Australia is actually a world leader in harm reduction policies, with the methadone and needle exchange program. We were even going to start up legal shooting gallerys, before the US government sent some thug over here to tell as not to even think about it!

And ive never been to the US. But I'd love too see it, I'd be going there to see the land and not for there drug policy, though.

Anyway I'd love to debate it more with ya but I'm off to see the doctor totally free of charge and then off to the chemist to get a pack of Valium on my healthcare card for $5.30, just one of the perks to having a Australian citizenship, LOL.

Peace

Anyway I'd love to debate it more with ya but I'm off to see the doctor totally free of charge and then off to the chemist to get a pack of Valium on my healthcare card for $5.30, just one of the perks to having a Australian citizenship, LOL.

Peace

Nothing comes "Free"...I can't wait till I'm finally recovered from my 12 year "Free Ride" :bootyshake:

...nor the arse end of a script.Wait until it costs you more in repeats and new scripts to get off the shit.....rather choose to smoke pot or not....at least I'll be living a life with choice.

Let's just hope :lol:

Now that I think about it... both our governments really suck.

We're just arguing about who sucks less :lol:

Edited by Teotzlcoatl