The Corroboree
G*P

Acacia Maidenii seed

I sourced 100+ seeds from a massive healthy Maidenii.. and 50+ Acacia Melanoxyln

They all look rather fresh.. Are they good to go? Do they need any special treatment..?

Who'd like to trade:) Share any extras, or simply ask me anyhow.

If these are all good and viable, I can find plenty more.

G*P

PMd :lol:

I won't grab any seed's but would love to see some photos.

I sourced 100+ seeds from a massive healthy Maidenii.. and 50+ Acacia Melanoxyln

They all look rather fresh.. Are they good to go? Do they need any special treatment..?

Who'd like to trade:) Share any extras, or simply ask me anyhow.

If these are all good and viable, I can find plenty more.

G*P

well if you can source more and they are being ethically harvested then the free seed ring is always intrested in things like this

Sweet, cheers.

What do u mean ethically harvested? Shake branch.. pick up seeds!

Kenny, wanna see photos of the tree, or the seeds?

Ethical harvesting is taking only what you need, and leaving more than enough for nature to take its course. Usually that means only picking seeds from pods that have fallen by them selves. That's how I understand it anyway.

I wanted to see some Pics of the tree. If you can :)

Edited by kenny

08july09mush023.th.jpg

Here's one of her close friends.

The tree that still has accessible seeds, is further down in a shady+dense spot that is hard to photograph.

I took this pic, cos I see an 'F' in the tree that will go into my new company logo:)

And.. 'ethically'.. i'm in line with my own values here by distributing the seed of an endangered species where it may actually grow. Fostered by, and in relationship to humans.

2-3 out of maybe 12-15 seeds are all that are left in pods anyhow.. (all else have dropped)

Edited by G*P

08july09mush023.th.jpg

Here's one of her close friends.

The tree that still has accessible seeds, is further down in a shady+dense spot that is hard to photograph.

I took this pic, cos I see an 'F' in the tree that will go into my new company logo:)

And.. 'ethically'.. i'm in line with my own values here by distributing the seed of an endangered species where it may actually grow. Fostered by, and in relationship to humans.

2-3 out of maybe 12-15 seeds are all that are left in pods anyhow.. (all else have dropped)

Thats a fair call as far as I'm concerned

my main concern as with most people is that the plants are dropping enough seed for new little plants to start growing as long as there is a good level of natural regeneration then yeah I think that can be regarded as ethical in saying that i would be happy to get some of these into the seed ring for distribution to as many intrested parties as possible :)

Well thats ok then.. :) haha.

The maidenii are ever happy to send out new trees off their own roots.

How do they scarify themselves in nature? is that part of the reason they're endangered.

Thanks for fsr idea. Will definitely b in touch with them.

Well thats ok then.. :) haha.

The maidenii are ever happy to send out new trees off their own roots.

How do they scarify themselves in nature? is that part of the reason they're endangered.

Thanks for fsr idea. Will definitely b in touch with them.

atm the free seed ring is me LOL pm me if you want to have a chat

is that part of the reason they're endangered.

Endangered? Really? Judging by the amount of seedlings in my yard and a friends yard I would hardly call them endangered! I'm not in VIC or NSW though... so I guess they might be rare down there....

Maidneii is a beautiful tree :wub:

Not sure about other states but the Victorian population is listed as threatened, under the flora and fauna guarantee act and endangered under it's action statement for the FFG compliance.

and they are endangered through the usual process afaik, land clearing, lack of fires and the likes, they can scarify themselves fine in nature that's why they've created the mechanism.

Edited by gerbil

Not sure about other states but the Victorian population is listed as threatened, under the flora and fauna guarantee act and endangered under it's action statement for the FFG compliance.

and they are endangered through the usual process afaik, land clearing, lack of fires and the likes, they can scarify themselves fine in nature that's why they've created the mechanism.

NSW has afairly substanial spread I'm 90% sure its only Victoria where this species in endangered

Acacia seed usually benefits from the boiling water treatment.

atm the free seed ring is me LOL pm me if you want to have a chat

I collected a couple hundred more..

PM'D

I collected a couple hundred more..

PM'D

I am also interested in getting some of these babies up and going !

If you still have more maybe i can interest you in a trade ?

Arieon.

Sure:) PM me your details

A slight disclaimer: the last batch wasn't shaken from the pods, so anyone who is interested may recieve their seeds complete in the pod.

From what iv seen, woodloving mushrooms will happily make use of the seedpods.