The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
The Spoons

Subbies??

Question

Hey guys,

SWIM just got back from a hunt with some samples from a patch he found (rather big patch apparently).

He would have picked the lot but he was uncertain of the ID, so being the good mate i am i decided to throw them your way to get our suspicions confirmed.

The two large ones in the first image are from the first patch and the second lot, the smaller ones were found seperately.

I was a little iffy about the ID because of the colour of the cap, a little too beige for my liking, although there was blueing present on both the stem and cap.

They're being printed as i speak so i'll post the print pics tomorrow if a conclusive ID cant be made from these piccies.

dsc4334.jpg

dsc4337.jpg

Cheers!!

10 answers to this question

I popped my sub-cherry today :wub: Finally after some 3 yrs of hunting I stumbled across about 7 little ones with blue legs! Such a happy chappy!!

These look the goods, but without a definite bluing reaction, one cannot be certain (this is easier to tell in the flesh than via a photo). I can only see a tiny bit of bluing on the second from the right in the 2nd pic. It should be clearly blue when bruised (sometimes taking hours to show true), but that said, people have supposedly found subbies that don't blue and have still been active. I would run with the rule 'if you're not certain, throw em back'.

Congrats, if they are subs! :)

A nice healthy american subbie :)

6b52c497.jpg

Sorry, couldnt resist

SWIM just got back from the patch. Decided to only pick the ones that looked like they were done sporultaing in order to keep the myc happy.

Photos!

Firstly here are the spore prints that were taken last night.

dsc4359.jpg

dsc4360.jpg

And here are the new arrivals

dsc4346.jpg

Hunab i read your post from last night about needing a guide to IDing subs specifically those which aren't in pristine condition. Here are a few worthy candidates wouldn't you say?

dsc4349.jpg

dsc4354.jpg

dsc4351.jpg

dsc4348.jpg

FTW! :shroomer:

But get that fly off of new pic # 5!

Laying eggs all over it there dude, LOL!

Edited by Pando

yeah they be subs alright very weather affected for sure...that's how they look once the sun gets on em after some moisture..nice finds..

I suppose you mean P.subaeruginosa huh?

I am getting more into it, they do indeed look a lot like mine, even though they could as well be something similar...

edit/PS: and yep, throw this fly in a flyagaricmild bowl maN! :lol:

Edited by mutant