The Corroboree
t st tantra

overveiw of nutmeg

Tried this when I was young. Tasted like, well... like large quantities of nutmeg and didn't do much. You can buy nutmeg at any supermarket or wholefoods store/co op. I did hear at one stage that it was actually the 'mace' that was the potent bit. Better off chewing betelnut or smoking tobacco I'd say.

Didn't Shulgin show a lot of interest in nutmeg and nutmeg oil in Pihkal...from memory it showed lots of promise as an essential oil and extractions and fractions there of.

H.

This Is Very Dangerous on the liver guys!

Ingestion of Raw Nutmeg doesnt come very recomended as a "Natural High" as the effects are minimal for the amount needed & also the dangers associated with it!

Edited by DreamingNagual

i remeber a thread by torsten with a title something like nutmeg rules my world, anyway there has been lot's of disscussions about this topic, so it might pay of looking thru some old posts.

i think nutmeg get's potentiated by maoi's, but better be carefull.

Nutmeg will FUCK you up.

And that is def. the best word for it!

Be sure to use WHOLE nuts if your going to do it, the pre-ground stuff is shit.

I tried the method suggested by T to rub resin on muscle (I'm sure being a girl the "favourite" muscle chosen wasn't the same one...) after having rubbed a bit of red tiger balm over my upper arm to help facilitate absorption (I think it made a slight difference?). I definitely noticed it in a much more pleasant and less antsy feeling comparable to coming up on a low dose of molly. Enough to give me some mild overall contentness, brightness, and pep. Don't forget to wash it off later though, I'm not sure if the dermal reaction was from the tiger balm or the resin. Probably a bit of both I guess since I forgot to wash residue off before going to bed.

Ah just read this article myself.. Quite a good write-up!

Have had a great experience with nutmeg in the past, if you get the dosage right I think it can be quite nice.

Fancy pants, my experiments were done with nutmeg and mace oil, NOT with the resin. I have no experience with the resin whatsoever, so it's great to see some feedback on that as I had high hopes for it.

Ahh right! I guess that would explain why I had to use so much :lol:

after a long period of searching for torstens post on NUTMEG and where it mentions heating it at 200c can someone who can find it easier than me post a link here, if i skim accross it i also shall add the link here.

Here's the link, to the thread, anyway. I don't remember reading anything about heating in it, but its been a few years since I was reading the thread...