The Corroboree
Chiral

Film and movie reviews

Tracker (2010) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1414378/, an excellent Kiwi film about hunter and hunted. The two main characters were very believable, and genuine. Great plot twists, some fine scenery, and no stupid explosions. One of the few films i rate 4 1/2 stars.

-scanners-dirty harry-down by law-weekend at burnies-"the westler" nice pick 'toast'-duel(i think 'Dennis Weaver' was the main actor?

Tracker (2010) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1414378/, an excellent Kiwi film about hunter and hunted. The two main characters were very believable, and genuine. Great plot twists, some fine scenery, and no stupid explosions. One of the few films i rate 4 1/2 stars.

Ray Winstone and Temuera Morrison, eh? Interesting! :)

Have you seen The Tracker, rogdog? That's a good one IMO...

Ray Winstone and Temuera Morrison, eh? Interesting! :)

Have you seen The Tracker, rogdog? That's a good one IMO...

Looks good synchro, hush hush, im strugling to find an avi version, but i will convert if i have to :(

Heres some more if you like my style of movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110413/ Leon; the professional..just watch and enjoy

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1130884/ Shutter Island was pretty good..lots of plot twist and turns..good film

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095031/ Dirty Rotten Scoundrels; Comedy, You will laugh until it hurts

Have seen a few times. Love.

Have seen once. Liked it a lot.

Haven't seen. Will check out.

:wink:

!

Edited by Magicdirt

red hill - absolute shit,

shit story, shit script, shit acting (steve bisley), shit everything basically

Oh, come on, at least it had a good bad guy in it...

maybe, i really hate horror movies though, this was kind of a suspense/horror,

actually kind of made me angry for the last half, since that guy fired six rounds and didn't land a single one from five feet away,

wtf is that?

One of the best anti-heroes in Australian cinema IMHO.

Well, what were you expecting? It's a B-movie... I do agree that the script could have been better though. That's for sure...

One of my favourite films of all time is Gummo, directed by Harmony Korine

Gummo1.jpg

Don't want to spoil the story, just watch it.

There are definitely a lot of memorable scenes. Great sound track too.

I've watched a bit of gummo... wow... just wow

It's like napoleon dynamite without the obvious humour.

I watched Lord of the Rings - Return of the King the other day, worth watching!

I've seen it before... but I had nothing to contribute to this thread except my impressions of gummo, whatever that is

if you get a chance you should see dead man's shoes from warp films,

also gary oldman's nil by mouth is a confronting yet enjoyable watch,

let the right one in - up there as one of my favorite movies, not your typical vampire flick (don't see the us version)

eternal sunshine of the spotless mind - jim carey does well (also "the number 23" isn't a waste of time)

oldboy - korean film, good

synecdoche, new york - charlie kaufmann film, weird (even by my standards), but still recommended

Hanna - decent premise ruined by god awful production (especially soundtrack. fucking leave that shit techno to vin diesel car chase movies already). seriously started making me angry how badly it was ruined.

Essential Killing - brilliant. seriously drop whatever you're doing immediately and rush out to see it before you regret it for the rest of your life.

Alexander Nevsky.

For those moments when only silent, 1930's soviet propaganda films will do. :devil:

alexander_nevsky_germanArmor.jpg

In all seriousness, incredible cinematography.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050720/http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050720

Storyline

A strange black meteor crashes near the town of San Angelo and litters the countryside with fragments. When a storm exposes these fragments to water, they grow into skyscraper-sized monoliths which then topple and shatter into thousands of pieces that grow into monoliths themselves and repeat the process. Any humans in the way are crushed or turned into human statues. The citizens of San Angelo desperately try to save themselves and the world from the spreading doom.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Attack of the Crab Monsters (1957)

62 min - Horror | Sci-Fi - 10 February 1957 (USA)

4.6/10

Users: (939 votes) 53 reviews | Critics: 21 reviews

People are trapped on a shrinking island by intelligent, brain-eating giant crabs. Roger Corman directs.

Director:

Roger Corman

Writer:

Charles B. Griffith (screenplay)

Stars:

Richard Garland, Pamela Duncan and Russell Johnson

3 photos | 23 news articles | full cast and crew »

The H-Man rates as one of the most genuinely frightening Japanese horror films of the 1950s. When a minor-league drug runner completely vanishes, leaving only his clothes behind, detective Tominaga (Akihiko Hirata) investigates. Along the way, Tominaga makes the acquaintance of scientist Masada (Kenji Sahara), who theorizes that the missing doper was melted into a liquid "H-Man" as a result of being exposed to nuclear radiation. Sure enough, the H-Man soon resurfaces, seeking out victims to The H-Man rates as one of the most genuinely frightening Japanese horror films of the 1950s. When a minor-league drug runner completely vanishes, leaving only his clothes behind, detective Tominaga (Akihiko Hirata) investigates. Along the way, Tominaga makes the acquaintance of scientist Masada (Kenji Sahara), who theorizes that the missing doper was melted into a liquid "H-Man" as a result of being exposed to nuclear radiation. Sure enough, the H-Man soon resurfaces, seeking out victims to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeiram

[Zeiram (ゼイラム Zeiramu?) also known as Zeram, is a 1991 Japanese live-action movie in which the bounty hunter from another planet named Iria (Yūko Moriyama) comes to Earth to do battle with Zeiram, an immortal alien creature with a strangely shaped head which resembles a wide-brimmed hat. Along with two ordinary Japanese electricians, she and Zeiram become trapped in an artificial dimension called the Zone, and have only a limited amount of time to finish their battle. The film Zeiram was followed by a live-action sequel, Zeiram 2, as well as an OVA prequel miniseries called Iria: Zeiram the Animation and two videogames, Hyper Iria and Zeiram Zone.

The Zeiram series was created by Keita Amemiya, known for his work as both a director and an illustrator. Zeiram, like many of Amemiya's other works such as Mirai Ninja and Hagane, has a very distinctive visual style that incorporates traditional Eastern motifs and symbolism with science-fiction concepts. Amemiya has himself said that Zeiram's rather striking appearance was inspired by the image of a lone traveler in a straw hat and cloak that was common in the Japanese period dramas he watched as a child. He was also inspired by The Terminator to create an unstoppable villain which changes its form but never dies.

Zeiram (Mizuho Yoshida) is an alien of unknown origin. It appears to be a very large, imposing humanoid wearing a wide, circular hat and a ragged cloak, and its appearance is usually accompanied by an eerie chant. However, its true form is actually the small Noh-like face on its hat. This face is its only weak point; the rest of the body is almost indestructible and regenerates quickly as long as Zeiram is able to feed, which it does by extending the little face on the end of a fleshy tentacle to take bites out of people. By doing this, it also absorbs the genetic material of its victims, which it uses to generate smaller, weaker monsters to do its bidding. These monsters seem to be partial clones of whoever's genetic material was used in their creation (in Zeiram 2, a dog is killed by Zeiram and the resulting monster looks vaguely like a weird dog alien). Zeiram itself is able to change its own form to a large degree, and appears in many different forms throughout the series. It can produce many different weapons such as guns and swords from its body, although these are probably weapons taken from its victims and stored inside itself. In addition to consuming organic tissue through its core, if it sustains enough damage, Zeiram is able to ingest a victim's entire body, keeping that person alive for some time inside itself while it digests them, regenerating itself and drawing on their genetic material and even their memories to create more advanced clones.

Although the core face is Zeiram's only weak point, even that may be impossible to permanently destroy. In Zeiram 2, the creature's core, which was presumed dead, is recovered by a shadowy organisation which installs it as the organic core of a robotic supersoldier. This new cyborg Zeiram starts out bearing a mild resemblance to its precursor, before it lost the hat and cloak in favour of an appearance patterned after a classic Japanese fox-spirit, or kitsune. The actual core of Zeiram is visible on the robot's stomach. Naturally, even in an artificial body Zeiram cannot be controlled, and it goes on a killing spree. It is possible that Zeiram itself is partly biomechanical, since even in IRIA it is shown to be able to infect and control computers.

Although Zeiram is usually referred to as a male, the face which serves as its core seems to be female. Indeed, some of its mutations quite visibly possess female breasts. Its partially regenerated appearance in Zeiram 2 might suggest that its original form was that of a miniature female humanoid.]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The best scary Sci fi movie i ever seen.

Edited by devance