The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
santiago

Favourite song whilst high jumping.

This is a very simple thread. No doubt some of us have either grown up in the 60's 70's 80's 90's and at some stage we were sitting around with friends or at home alone and for a few minutes a song made us drift away and you remembered it forever.

Whether it be old or new does not really matter, what really matters is that you get it out of your mind and allow others to listen to that particular song, link it up, write it down, tell us how it makes you feel or even how it changed your life.

There is really no wrong or right here because its all about how it makes you feel and how you feel is who you are.

Ill get the ball rolling......i hope to add many more songs to this thread but ill start with this.

FOAF only did DXM for a month, just wasnt his thing but 2 weeks in he did 1000mgs. FOAF went onto a popular video site and typed in key words (with one eye shut). Somehow just as he was peaking this song played and his mind melted and really had a great time. Even now it still spins the fuck out of FOAF but not as much as that particular moment in time. So here goes.....

Hmm no takers....bugger, ill keep myself company then

:wink:

Hey santiago when you first started partying what song made you want to drink and head out for a big night?

Killing in the name of

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

:wave-finger:

....and one more

just discovered this today, its about as cutting edge and modern as you can get, these two blokes rip it apart

do yourself a favour if you have 18 minutes to spare and watch these guys, not everyones cup of tea or not exactly my genre but it does not get more original than this

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=...3368&ref=nf

later

spirituality and philosophy?

That flute thing is so cool, make sure you listen to it! I'll add mine, drive in saturday - david bowie. the song that i had on ipod the first time i got stoned. remains special until this day.

and black hole sun- soundgarden, which was playing when an old lady ran a red in a 4wd and totalled my first car, followed by redemption song - bob marley, sounded so spooky with my head in the airbag!

sorry it does not fit into your definition of spirituality and philosophy incognito, if thats what your implying, unfortunately there seems to be here on this particular forum a underlying tone of 'elete-ism' which sours it a bit, why is it just because we/you/posters know a little about horticulture and science and decide to ingest (for those that do) so called entheogens that it seems some class themselves as somehow better.

im sure there will be some critisism over these remarks but how about making it a nice place to visit for newbies and a little bit of tolerance, in other places you are welcolmed along, but this is australia and a great site.

incognito sorry sorry sorry i didnt spend and hour trying to find what sub forum to post this thread in.....but on the top left is a word, can you read it 'CULTURE', isnt music culture?

one more thing, for the elite that may be scoffing at some things i have to say....drugs are drugs, whether you spend 3 months cultivating your papaver, or you search the woods for fungi or you chew some catha edulis or morning glory seeds, you are no better or no worse than somebody who scores some heroin, smokes some meth or snorts some coke.

:innocent_n:

relax man be happy.

dont think incog was having a go at you.

This song cheers me up whenever I really long for something I can't have...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01CXvTZo2Y4

culture>creativity forum tends to be the place for music but it's no biggie, maybe mind expansion will move it, or not.

tripping is one time i don't really go for favourites so much. some full on psy trance is probably the ultimate for me nowadays, but any decent music has a good effect. music can be really important for tripping. when the wrong kind of music is being played and you can't escape it, that really blows. this is where headphones and a well-stocked iPod or decent phone can come in handy.

i've had a couple of psytrance albums/compilations cycle through the stereo only to be confronted by some crazy ass satanic metalcore, or frederik thordendals special defects (the last, in it's own way, is extremely amazing music). it's all good, it's probably one state where you can appreciate what is great about virtually any music, unless the music truly is shit. i had nick fish cycle on and in his own way he had a bit of a pychadelic edge there.

psytrance really does it for me. it's almost impossible to believe it wasn't written under the effect of mushrooms, when you are on mushrooms. i have said to myself many times that psy trance IS mushrooms.

Yeeah for me there are a few Mansons - the man that you fear & (s)aint

ICP/draklotus - crossing thy Bridge, my axe & the unvieling

NIN- Hurt ( fuck that one gets me ) , evrything falls apart,Sunspots

White Zombie- More Human Then Human

SYstem of a down-ATWA, self righteous suicide & toxcicity