The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
botanika

electric rider - silently efficiently slicing through the air

I used to own a big 4wd years ago. Great car, saw some incredible places with it. Like any car i spent a fortune on gas, parts, rego, insurance and fluffy dice. i owned 1 guitar and 1 small amp at the time and was always short of cash.

For the last 6 years i haven't owned a car and have been riding electric scooters. I currently have a black vespa styled beast with a 5000w brushless hi-power motor and it will do 100kph with a 100km range. It costs me approx $1 per 100km i travel, I have never needed parts or repairs and there are no emissions. Its quiet, easy to park, dont need plates or licence where i live and no more waiting for the fuel pump or being annoyed by gas prices.

Ive never had so much fun or money. I now own 20 high end guitars and 4 boutique amplifier heads. When i need to tour i rent a car.

Check out electric power and save some dosh!

I used to own a big 4wd years ago. Great car, saw some incredible places with it. Like any car i spent a fortune on gas, parts, rego, insurance and fluffy dice. i owned 1 guitar and 1 small amp at the time and was always short of cash.

For the last 6 years i haven't owned a car and have been riding electric scooters. I currently have a black vespa styled beast with a 5000w brushless hi-power motor and it will do 100kph with a 100km range. It costs me approx $1 per 100km i travel, I have never needed parts or repairs and there are no emissions. Its quiet, easy to park, dont need plates or licence where i live and no more waiting for the fuel pump or being annoyed by gas prices.

Ive never had so much fun or money. I now own 20 high end guitars and 4 boutique amplifier heads. When i need to tour i rent a car.

Check out electric power and save some dosh!

I have been wondering when electric bikes would start coming into the market - In china they call them 'silent death' to save on juice they ride them around with the lights on at night (true story!) a guy at work was hit by one last week while crossing the road in a back street in china. fortunatly he was only clipped and only hurt himself when he fell funny.

anyway - they are available in Au.

http://www.onlymelbourne.com.au/melbourne_...ls.php?id=12646

I'm saving for one of these

post-903-1241693043_thumb.jpg

they start manufacture when they have 100 deposits paid. $80,000 each !

look where the pegs are.

for 80K you'd hope to get a lot of miles out of it (edit: total miles before the bike is trashed)

great thread, kudos botanika.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

The most dangerous people on the roads in china are pedestrians...particularly young women who walk straight out of a shop onto the street with their head burried in a mobile phone.

I'll try post some pics over the weekend of my bike. Basically the faster the bike the lower its range. cheers

cool chips will be looking into one of these.