The Corroboree
kindness

the subs are back

I notice that a lot of the pics of subs show they like to pop up out of that clover type ground cover..is that what it is that little green leafed plant all around the fruit...?

think thats just coz clover is fucking everywhere man...

I notice that a lot of the pics of subs show they like to pop up out of that clover type ground cover..is that what it is that little green leafed plant all around the fruit...?

Yeah those spots are actually old chip beds that have been covered over by weeds. Underneath the clover is what used to be a chip bed. I think the clover acts as a bit of a casing layer which is why it fruits so well - compared to clean, bright, fresh chips which rarely fruit.

Another couple of the shots are from a different area but same idea, old chip bed that has since been reclaimed by weeds.

The one i'm not sure about is the crazy blueing stem one with the wavy yellowish gills. It was growing in the bush somewhere on its own and i just haven't seen blueing and gills like that. It looks more like one of the species you see in the States.. wish i had a closer look at it.

Interesting that one. Do you know if that bluing was bruising or just the colour of the stem?I was thinking maybe some sort of Cortinarius. What colour was the inner part of the stem.

Very nice pics BTW. Cant wait till they start popping up down here.

Interesting that one. Do you know if that bluing was bruising or just the colour of the stem?I was thinking maybe some sort of Cortinarius. What colour was the inner part of the stem.

Very nice pics BTW. Cant wait till they start popping up down here.

Not sure about that one, when i saw it i first thought it was sub-like (it had a caramel cap), and then i turned it over, saw the blueing, took a photo and moved on. I don't think it is a Cort because it was quite fragile and corts are usually quite stocky and thick. But i guess i'll never know now

Yeah those spots are actually old chip beds that have been covered over by weeds. Underneath the clover is what used to be a chip bed. I think the clover acts as a bit of a casing layer which is why it fruits so well - compared to clean, bright, fresh chips which rarely fruit.

Another couple of the shots are from a different area but same idea, old chip bed that has since been reclaimed by weeds.

Now that my friend is some valuable information..thanks very very much.

No subs in the otways yet, quite a few amanitas poking their sneaky little heads up though. yum yum :drool2:

I still don't think I'd trust myself picking the differences between subs and galerinas, though. Grats, UG.

Scary when you see shots like this with them looking so damn similar isn't it! Always good to be reminded though. Thanks for the photos undergrounder!