The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Chiral

Azures

So a friend has made up a Azures syringe from print......he now wants some advice as to what to inoculate it to...WBS jars or BRF...mixture of WBS and small wood chips..?...something else...? anyone have any ideas...?

I remember reading somewhere about using a mix of wood chips and bran.

I cant remember where, but i think it was along the lines of 60/40 woodchips/bran, pc'd of course.

i would recommend your friend experiment.

Edited by obtuse

Yeah I've read that thread a dozen times its one of my favourites..frustrating though there was never any pics to follow up and show the outcome fruit wise... :(

Is it worth making up a LC...standard karo tek wouldn't really work as it wouldn't have the right nutrients am I right...

Be nice to spread the love if an LC could be conjured up as this is the only Azures he has been able to get his hands on and is from a long way away.

Edited by Hunab Ku

I've noticed that spores seems to move much quicker through seed, than through brf.

Foaf just had subaeruginosa in a litre of pidgeon mix in homemade spawnbag colonize in 1/4 of the time, that the brf is only 2/3 done..

Woodlovers also actually LOVE h.poo. They just wont fruit from it. It stays moist far better than chips, and I reckon that could be a good bulk, to spawn to more bulk chips.

You'll want a higher ratio of spawn to chips for decent fruiting.

Case with 50/50 cactus soil/verm. No need to pasteurise unless you really wanna. They often need the microbial action to fruit. I've seen invitro happen with only bleached coir+cactus soil.

Edited by G*P

Plan now is to lay as much spawn onto some hessian sacks and old eggcartons and then lay under some mulch..there is the idea of some carpet too...I recently saw a whole bunch of fruits pop up from some soaked carpet that had some LC spilled on it...

He might lay some branches underneath as well to provide plenty of wood and keep the patch going longer...I'll get him to start a photo log shortly.

Youll need to isolate a viable straing of that on agar before you even start. And now that you've syringed what is most likely a wild print it will be pretty contaminated.

The idea is to isolate a rigourous strain, innoculate a substrate and then move it to a pan of wood chips - however its easier to just add sectors of agar to small jars of wood chips with verm to keep it moist and then just add more chips as you go until youve got a large bag full of colonised chips ready for an outdoor bed.

Youll need to isolate a viable straing of that on agar before you even start. And now that you've syringed what is most likely a wild print it will be pretty contaminated.

The idea is to isolate a rigourous strain, innoculate a substrate and then move it to a pan of wood chips - however its easier to just add sectors of agar to small jars of wood chips with verm to keep it moist and then just add more chips as you go until youve got a large bag full of colonised chips ready for an outdoor bed.

The agar way is definitely the best way to do this, but one can be pretty lazy and get away with transferring good mycelium from a partially contaminated grain jar to selective substrates. Burlap and sawdust rolls worked particularly well for me.

Check it out; it worked great for cleaning up and making a nice big sheet of mycelium for planting out :)

http://www.thenook.org/forum/index.php?sho...9&hl=burlap

Yeah I have been following that burlap log thread for a while...it was the thread that gave me most of the relevant info....from colonised burlap roll to being buried in wood chips and small logs etc...say in 3 weeks would you expect fruits this year or is it only going to be mature and ready enough in 12 months time...the bed is about 3 meters long by 1 meter wide from memory.

H.

I would'nt expect anything this year.

When you say 3 weeks do you think it will be ready in 3 weeks?

I think its a pretty bad time of year to be starting a patch actualy, the mycelium wo'nt be running at all realy. They like the warmer temps for that & other fungi could take advantage.

Maybe better off making as much myc as you can indoors/warmer temp & waiting for spring now.

Maybe split it in half & see how long it takes the hessian to colonize in the spot you intend for the bed, should give you a good idea of colonization times.