The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
VINS

where are the woman ?

This is a weird thing...or not really a weird thing.

When I think of people who I know, or who I have met, who can really GO THERE, most all of them are women.

Personally, I really have not met a man who has actually met me in these realities...whereas I know about half a dozen women, who can and do kick my butt!

I think its largely because men, are more disconnected from the fluidity of the emotional body, through which vaster realities can come through...and so more prone to attempting to seek...or create a structure out of all this.

Behind the phalluses and warfare and endeavours of thinking, men are really such pussies!

There are some super sisters out there, I think they just don't tend to be overly concerned about the geeky side of all this...

Julian.

I stand corrected, I have a friend who they used to call the trip master...

http://www.vhood.net/drj

Daniel kicks my butt when he's straight...he doesn't need anything these days!

Julian.

I think I can say that without a doubt, Australian men are some of the most immature and emotionally undeveloped men on the planet!

I'd say Daniel and I (and I'm sure many people here) would say they are in fact, almost generated as a response against the usual bullshit, Australian machismo of programming...

It's just a front...with VERY little depth or substance...some of us then in response to that, are obliged to seek to develope or swim in those waters of interpersonality of what is considered a mystery, but which I think is always known.

The masculine to masculine inter personal means are I think really, really undeveloped...there's a lot of denial and a lot of repression EVERYWHERE, and I often think it's largely to do with this male to male repression. Of man not really being able to face what man is in his completeness.

I'd even see Australia's typically proposed gay culture as representing a kind of icongraphicaly limited repression of the real meeting that could occur between men!

Julian.

quote:

The ladies just don't want to participate as much in plant consumption, so this leaves three options:

1) leave

2) convert your hubby

3) give him his space

We all know that option 3 is the least likely one

In defence of my partner she does give me my space.

I am just a bit suspicious of the unholy glee that occurs if the consumption of plant material results in vomiting.

Honestly all I would need around me is mandragora (of whom I rapidly developed a crush on when visiting). Damn that Darren...lucky bastard! I tried my hand with darklight, but needless to say I struck out.

~Michael~

btw, I am married and my wife (who provided me a condom before visiting Australia) engages in some things, but not to the degree I find such matters interesting. And I was really happy to stay with two gay males for my visit as I don't consider myself the most masculine male around, but somewhat on the soft feminine side (to which mandragora would probably attest). Maybe reading Walt Whitman since 8th grade softened me up.

[ 18. January 2004, 20:37: Message edited by: M S Smith ]

I for one think you'd be hard pressed to find a more open and liberal forum as SAB.

The femme fatale of the community have THE BEST sense of humour and don't waste time with drivel like us 'blokes' :rolleyes: .

A very homogenous mix I'd say.....

but more women might bring the 'silent partners' out of the woodwork!

Damn...I think I just drivelled on myself :D

Women have a thicker corpus collasum (right/left brain hemisphere bridge) and more inclined to mystical experiences naturally. For example, more female saints witness angels and heavening entities than male saints...by a huge percentage.

I am a woman. Most of the men I know do not know as much about entheogens as I do. And a lot them are irresponsible with them. But in general I would agree, that there aren't as many women into entheogens as a passion, past-time or hobby...although there are many who are willing to experiment if it's around.