The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
t st tantra

ash

initial experiments seem positive,enhancing starting material by 2 or 3 times.

now i need to make some ash for myself.

any directions,hints or suggestions?

t s t .

sore not from me,

but i would try to,

slow down the combustion as much as possible.

sort of, smoldering wooden sticks,

covered by soil.

if it takes hours, instead of minutes, than its good ash,

just my guess.

does ash mean hashich ?

if so, i could give you the result of my recent search.

[ 07. January 2004, 19:29: Message edited by: VIN'S ]

I would assume ash from a hot and fast fire to be better as combustion would be more complete. After all, you want the salts only and not organics.

A really hot fire would also produce more hydroxides than a cool fire, which would result in more carbonates.... although hydroxides will turn to carbonates eventually anyway (if exposed to air). Hydroxides are stronger alkalis than carbonates.

To aid combustion I would remove any bark. I think the inner wood of large limbs/stems would be best.

probly a silly q.

but what about the ash from charcoal briquettes--i mean charcoal is pre-burned wood so burned charcoal ash would be "super" burned wood, n'est pas? :rolleyes:

"n'est ce pas ?" is better Nabraxas

i am maybe a little out of topic (surely :D but it is always the good time for a tips) but be carrefull with ashes, it is not as good as you think.

for exemple poppy particulary enjoy ash and alkalin soil but a too big percent of ash in the ground will block the alkaloid production.(if applied at a particular time or if mix with particular fertilizer)

i have post something about that at poppy.org months ago but i apologize i can't refind the article to post it here.

vin's, I think we are talking about ash in terms of potentiating alkaloid absorption. eg lime with betel nuts, or lime/ash with coca, or pituri with acacia ash. The ash is an alkali that freebases th alkaloids allowing faster absorption through the mucous membranes in the mouth.

charcoal CAN be good, but not always. briquettes in particular contain lots of other crap, especially sand/silica for some reason. Pure charcoal would certainly be a good starting material.

Another thing to keep in mind that the more alkaline the plant, the more alkaline the ash will be. hence Acacia salicina is popular for pituri, while certain caustic euphorbias are popular in africa for similar purposes.

The idea with ash is to have little other than the various salts of potassium, calcium, magnesium etc. Any other material will interfere in the fineness of the ash or the alkali potential. Good ash will not be in any way gritty, but will form a smooth paste in your mouth.

I would be interested in people trying to make their own ash. Please post your reports here.

Ash will make chewing many plants MUCH more potent and is something we should really start to explore further.

For example, Christian Raetsch told us that chewing coca leaves with lime or ash will totally change the effect.... and it did. It also certainly is an essential part of betel chewing, eliminating the tannin taste while giving a very fast and overwhelming hit. In fact, *overwhelming* is the general way ash alters the effect of masticatories.

[ 09. January 2004, 00:54: Message edited by: Torsten ]

thank you torsten, i now understand why the cocain freebase smoker are putting cigarette ash mix with the stuff in their waterpipe.

So does using an alkali such as ash aid in the absorbtion of other things, or is this specific to alkaloids? A certain diterpene springs to mind I'm guessing it probably wouldn't help, but it could be worth an experiment.

it's only for alkaloids as it turns them into the freebase, thus allowing absorption through the mouth mucous membranes.

mrwest:

So does using an alkali such as ash aid in the absorbtion of other things, or is this specific to alkaloids?  A certain diterpene springs to mind  

I have heard that diterpenes active through the mucous membranes can be more easily absorbed if something pepperminty is introduced to the mouth beforehand. I made me some peppermint honey- but have never tried it for that (even though it was the original intent) so I cant comment on if it actually DOES work- but its something to consider.

vins--thanks for correcting mon fracais

i may be wrong, but when i've seen folks use cigarette ash to smoke crack/base it's used to "block" the holes, w/the 'stuff' on-top--so it doesnt liquify & go straight thru the hole(s)

sorry i am an idiot, i wrote without thinking. you are right Nabraxas.

.......but it is "mon francais" :D :D (i am from the moliere country after all, why not using the "repetition comic effect" :P )

[ 10. January 2004, 08:38: Message edited by: VIN'S ]

ahh VINs---even when i try i screw up, merdre.

i knew that one--but missed the typo :o:o :D --enough repetitions? :D

[ 13. January 2004, 02:41: Message edited by: nabraxas ]

like in french language rhythms, the trilogie is the key for harmony. so is it enough repetitions ?

nooooo !

this is the third and last one : "merde" is better than "merdre" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D