The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
psycho0

new absinth available

at Dan Murphys they now have 3 types of absinth on sale

'the green fairy' pretty good flavour and effects but i tried this one ages ago and can't remember that well. doesn't really turn milky white and is almost see-thru green

'dr jeckyll' emerald green which turns very opauqe(is that the word) milky white anyway. very nice flavor and also has great effects.

'doubs absinth' the latest. darkish green in color which only slighty changes with water adde.

also very tastey and strong effects. i also got a free absinth spoon with this one, works very well too.

all good straight as well, burns a bit tho;)

also guys be careful u may not work properly (penis-wise) after a few or these but is good when u can.

enjoy!

i still wanna make some real strong stuff tho:D

btw, could u evapourate the alcohol off and eat whats left for real strong effects?

thanx

aaron

That sounds cool. Which Dan Murphys did you get it from psycho0? I live in North Queensland and as far as I know its an absinth free zone up here. :confused: Anyway maybe I can get them to mail order.

not sure about up there but there r a few down here in melbourne.

pm me and maybe we could work something out;)

Goulburn wine and spirits in Darlinghurst were importing some other brand this year,I managed to pick up some from a little bottl'o in Bowral....very strong!

Queensland and as far as I know its an absinth free zone up here.

somebody posted a while ago that a bottlo on Lutwytche Road?Gympie Rd?/Brisbane sells absinthe.

Don't know about North Queensland but...

PsychoO, do you mean you really get "trippy" off the stuff?

u get a slight drunk feeling but kinda different with a strong hash feeling. if alot is drunk u do get slight trippy-type effets not really visual or anything. strong energy rushes thru the body and a dreamy and euphoric type high.

I could go have a look at the grape in lutwyche... seems to me buying any absinthe in australia (unless from a mate of a mate ) is a waste of time cos of the limitations of thujone content.

yeah would it b hard to extract alot of thujone from wormwood then distilling into absinthe?

Shouldn't be hard for someone with a still....

While I was doing my christmas shopping I came across absinthe being sold at the bottle shop on the ground level in the indro shopping centre.

It was priced at 49.99 if memory serves right, it was imported, didn't take much notice of it at the time, but just letting you know its there if you are interested.

-bumpy

Thanks for the offer to help me out psych00.

I managed to mail order some green fairy from Quinns in Brisbane. Dan Murphy refused to send any absinthe unless I bought a dozen bottles...capitalist bastards!

At the moment I'm drinking Pernod Absinthe 68%, much nicer than the heavily coloured Czech Republic stuff they sell in all clubs here in Queensland. It has a strong anise aftertaste and you can definitely taste other herbs in there too, it also goes milk white when you add water (cool). Plus be careful melting sugar especially after a few drinks at 68% there is a real element of danger to drinking this stuff, dazzle your friends with your perforated spoon and the ease of which you burnt off your pants. Maybe get a decanter or sugar syrup :)

It's available at the bottle shop next to the Dendy Cinema in Brisbane, so buy a bottle then go watch Lost in Translation.

from what i hear, most of the sinthe sold in aus doesnt contain wormwood. If you ask me itle be best to make some urself (like i did :P ). Plus you will end up with the good 75% shit, not some crappy diluted 40-50% stuff

i bought a bottle of wormwood tincture a while back and was wondering if u could add this to pernod and distill, for example to make the real thing?

thanx