The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
watertrade

The Annual Canberra Meet thread

This is the new Canberra meet thread.

So far it looks like MORG, ACE, Boundary Breaker and madhouses visites are keen to meet up for the annual Canberra Meet.

How about Saturday 28th March?

Lookin' ok from here.

glad to see a number of people are keen.

how about a change of date.... to.. April 11th. I can't make any weekends before this time.

cheers

April begins to get complicated for me... won't be able to say for sure...

Nice dinner jacket by the way.

Nice dinner jacket by the way.

yes, I thought you might like it.

glad to see a number of people are keen.

how about a change of date.... to.. April 11th. I can't make any weekends before this time.

cheers

April 11 is looking better for me atm.

Hi, sorry for being quiet on this topic, I moved house and my ISP decided to take the opportunity to screw me around.

The 11th of April is better for me, but I could make the 28th of March too.

Cheers

Bump

I'm still keen to meet some friendly people.

Ho hum, I don't wanna pretend that I am anything but a noob to this, but if no-one wants to arrange this thing...

I'll be at the bar of the bird rising from the ashes in Civic from 1300hrs on 11 April if anyone wants to come say hello.

Hopefully before the 11th someone who knows more than I do will be available to offer something more plant focused. Sorry I can't offer more.

Hooroo :)

I should be able to attend at this stage (on the 11th April), but I probably wont go unless we have a few keen attendees (more the merrier, especially since I'm rather busy these days). Any suggestions for a location/something to do? Madhouse's bar suggestion might be a goer if people aren't up to an outdoor thing. Hoping we might get some rain to coax the local mycolife to join us on a forage!

I'd prefer a forage, but would like to do so with others.

Although, the back of that bar is quite dark and moist...

I am keen to have a meet up again, I've just been out of action a bit with work.

the weekend of the 11th I will most likely be in sydney so I probably can't make it.

the weekend after I could probably make - I didn't know they even opened during the day :)

Ok, so looking at 18/19 April. Hmm, got a big few things coming up around that weekend, so I wont know until closer to the date. I will try to get something sorted so we can do a bit of a catch up :)

18/19 is good for me.

Well that was a rip-off...

On the plus side, it is cold and there has been rain!!

FECK! Sorry guys, I had it in my head that it was still coming up but I seem to have missed it all together! Did anyone end up having a meet?

That's it - all this cold and wet is promising :) Just gotta find me a few well timed hunts now. Still yet to find the elusive sub. Any confirmed canberra finds yet?

hi madhouse,

did you got to the pub on the 11th? sorry if you did!

I am still keen to have a local meet I have just been flat out at work with no time to really think about it.

as far as I know there has been nothing local since last year.

this should be called the biennial canberra meet thread. :P

Haha, no I wasn't at that pub on the 11th.

Still interested on a meet at some stage though!! I intend going scavanging this weekend. Will let you guys know if I'm successful :)

Hello,

This seems to have died in the arse. I'm thinking that I might go out into the Brindies next weekend or the weekend after. If anyone is interested PM me. Please realise I have no idea where to go and a little idea of what I'm looking for. I'm a friendly guy though so even a nice bushwalk can't be bad, right?

ok.. so lets all have a beer sometime soon!

Or even a cuppa green tea, if that's more your style :wink:

Hey guys and or girls,

I have just moved back to Canberra after being in Melbourne for a while.

I was on here last about a year ago or so. Is anyone interested in catching up informally?

I am thinking of perhaps a joint quest to explore the native terrains of unsuspecting fungi?

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you,

BB

Hello,

This seems to have died in the arse. I'm thinking that I might go out into the Brindies next weekend or the weekend after. If anyone is interested PM me. Please realise I have no idea where to go and a little idea of what I'm looking for. I'm a friendly guy though so even a nice bushwalk can't be bad, right?

I'm keen to meet up since I only just discovered this forum :) I'm going to EGA too, maybe we could have a Canberran meetup over there?

Rohan

Hi Gents

Just moved to canb for uni at ANU

Very keen on a meetup with some fellow canbrerians