The Corroboree
Torsten

Big DMT bust in the US. 1.4lb

State cops bust Newark man with supply of 'businessman's LSD'

by The Associated Press

Thursday January 15, 2009, 12:17 PM

New Jersey state police said they made a larger seizure of the drug known as "businessman's LSD."

State Police Superintendent Rick Fuentes said the hallucinogenic drug, known by scientists as "dimethyltryptamine," or DMT, is becoming increasingly popular in the regional club scene.,000.

Troopers seized about 1.4 pounds of DMT from a 33-year-old software engineer named Yusuf Samantar during a Saturday morning traffic stop on the New Jersey Turnpike after the Newark resident was seen driving erratically.

Police said the bust represents the first dealer-sized quantity of DMT seized in New Jersey.

DMT is typically sold for about $200 a gram, giving the seizure a street value of about $127,000.

Son of a bitch... the stupid fucker was selling extracted DMT.

Jackass!!!

Is there a link to a better or larger article on this Torsten....I wanna read more crappy journalism :P ...seems like it would be full of stupid information. I can see...Businessmans LSD..LMAO and its popular in the CLUB SCENE..LMAO....and are they trying to say he was driving erratically from using DMT..LMAO..oh and I still have to laugh at the Yanks for not using metric..LMAO again.

H.

nope, that seems to be all there is for the moment. The other newspapers probably didn't even know what dmt is.... :wink:

hunab, so you're telling me you've never snuck a cheeky toke of DMT during your lunch break???

Son of a bitch... the stupid fucker was selling extracted DMT.

Does it say that? He could have been supplying free of charge as I know many people do with this substance. Or he may have been charged with supply solely because of the quantity. I know nothing about the laws over there. Here you would be charged with the possession of 1Kg of DMT if you had a gram dissolved in a litre of solvent, or had a kilogram of bark.

LOL...nope..I've never smoked DMT :innocent_n: ....and besides it's called the business mans trip, not business mans LSD..although I guess they are taking that and putting a spin on it with the LSD...but still.

Twix your just being cocky cause you won the EGA raffle....er I mean bookmark...I hate you soooo much.

So how is the Mayan artwork is it nice.

H.

hunab: no, i'm always cocky thank you very much :P

I know nothing about the laws over there. Here you would be charged with the possession of 1Kg of DMT if you had a gram dissolved in a litre of solvent, or had a kilogram of bark.

i was actually wondering about this the other day. i always thought it was the other way around in australia, quantity is based on purity. any links?

hunab: no, i'm always cocky thank you very much :P

i was actually wondering about this the other day. i always thought it was the other way around in australia, quantity is based on purity. any links?

If you're charged with possession of cannabis you could have the whole plants counted as the amount you're busted for. Nevermind who in their right mind would smoke anything that's not the bud. But they don't care. So I would also assume this applies to other substances.

http://www.wpix.com/landing/?NJ-State-Cops...amp;feedID=1404

Nice clip

"Son of a bitch... the stupid fucker was selling extracted DMT."

Get off ur moralistic high horse no better than the powers that be forcing their morals on us.

Pretty sure its been covered here before but generaly your charged with the whole weight then they analize it & charge you with the actual amount just before court.

Edited by shruman

I almost wet myself when the trippy picture of Terence Mckenna came up. These things make me laugh because they are so outrageous, but at the same time they make me sick to the stomach because this is where the general public get their information from. It should be illegal for news sources to spread misinformation. If it was a person they were talking about it would be libelous.

45mins....ROFLMAO...come on..20mins maybe...and 12 of those are afterglow...well so I've heard.

H.

I believe people have also been charged with the weight of the container the substance was held in, this has also included the weight of the pots canna plants have been seized in.

Im not sure if these extra weights have ever actually been followed through with once in court but either way, I'm sure it has caused a lot of grief.

Good reason not to stash your pers'y in a safe.. LOL.. hmm, I wonder what would happen if it was bolted to the floor of your caravan/relocatable or something?

A guy gets busted for a bong and a seedy mix stashed in his safe while travelling in his caravan, news story reads.

A 32yr old Sydney man was apprehend today with over 12 metric tons of cannabis after the caravan he was towing was pulled over by Northern Rivers police officers for a broken tail light.

Upon inspection of the caravan officers noticed the distinct smell of cannabis so a search was carried out revealing the haul.

The man has been charged with possession of a trafficable amount of a drug of dependence, intent to manufacture a drug of dependence and possession of a drug implement.

Sources say the police are very happy with the results of todays seizure, this marks the largest single bust of cannabis so far this year and they feel they have made a substantial dent in the Sydney drug market.

Watch ACA tonight for the full story

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by AndyAmine.

I believe people have also been charged with the weight of the container the substance was held in, this has also included the weight of the pots canna plants have been seized in.

Good reason not to plant them in the ground, lol

A 32yr old Sydney man was apprehend today with over 12 metric tons of cannabis after the caravan he was towing was pulled over by Northern Rivers police officers for a broken tail light.

Upon inspection of the caravan officers noticed the distinct smell of cannabis so a search was carried out revealing the haul.

The man has been charged with possession of a trafficable amount of a drug of dependence, intent to manufacture a drug of dependence and possession of a drug implement.

Sources say the police are very happy with the results of todays seizure, this marks the largest single bust of cannabis so far this year and they feel they have made a substantial dent in the Sydney drug market.

Watch ACA tonight for the full story

ROFLMFAO

Link

Get off ur moralistic high horse no better than the powers that be forcing their morals on us.

Good point. Good point.

Loooooooook!!!!

How many mimosa trees do you think you would have to kill to get 1.4 POUNDS of DMT?

10,000ish? Less? More?

Edited by Teotz'

Are you realy that stupid?

Thats the same link I posted

Well I know you do'nt have to kill any trees. They could have synthesized it for all we know but assuming they used MHRB then they still would'nt have to kill a tree. 1/3 of a trees roots are harvested & the tree is left to regrow. From memory they harvest one third every year.

Do you ever stop to contemplate the things you type?

Nice link you posted there, so how many trees do you think the nexus is responsible for killing?

What was that look supose to convey anyway?, that the nexus has a group think mentality?, cavalry maybe?, where does one find so many ladders?

Edited by shruman

Teo they don't kill the trees...to harvest root bark they dig around one of the main roots and carefully strip off the outer layer of bark to reveal the inner purple layer and then that is removed from one side so it is not ringed. The root is then covered back up to repair its self. These harvesters in Mexico don't go round chopping down trees they have no use for the other parts of the tree...although some tree bark is harvested for cosmetics...do you think they would cut their own throat and chop down 20yr old trees for a kilo or 2 of bark...no they carefully manage a lot of trees to get their bark and maintain their input with careful selection. Root bark cannot be harvested until the tree reaches a minimum of 7 yrs.

H.

It might be different in other states, but in VIC it goes by the amount of plants you had. Not how much they weighed.

Cannabis is usually treated different to most other drugs as it has special provisions in the law. However, normally drugs in australia are NOT treated by purity. ie, any substance that is presented or deemed to be an illegal drug IS the illegal drug.

example 1: offer 1kg of parsley to an undercover cop and claim it to be cannabis and you can be charged and convicted for supplying 1kg of cannabis.

example 2: offer 1 baggie of street quality speed which contains 100mg meth and 900mg glucose. you will e charged with supplying 1g of meth. The prosecution MAY drop this to 100mg meth, but doesn't have to and often simply doesn't even if the point is argued in court.

example 3: offer 2g of caapi powder and get done for offering a 'large commercial quantity' of harmaline [ie life sentence].

i would think in the this instance the guy that got busted would have been carrying 1.4lb of dmt containing plant material, not xtal.

it is very rare, and as mentioned would require a massive syndicate and a lot of MHRB, not the sort of thing that would be uncovered due to reckless driving/random car search.

possible the guys had some mhrb and was high on other botanicals or whatever and told them it was dmt???

there is no mention of what state the 'drug' appeared in. and a quick browse through the nexus reveals that such things def arent the 'norm' in the u.s

that is pretty much the largest amount of dmt ive ever head of, and unless theres some huge underground dmt revolution going on over there that we havent heard of, (which would be awesome in theory given the social manifestations of widespread lsd use in the 60's)....

it just seems totally unplausible for that much xtal to be floating around a dudes car. and fo rit to be found without any prior police 'intelligence'. uhemm.

"Son of a bitch... the stupid fucker was selling extracted DMT."

thats a quote that deserves a thread of its own... why shouldnt someone re-cover the costs incurred in providing society with a service?? even in doing so (most) people make enough to give away some, sell some at a low cost that covers the base cost, and all the time and energy and risk is basically a 'service'...

i think i remembered someone somewhere along the lines saying if u were to factor in the time spent from go to woe and the costs involved it would have to be sold straight from the tree at 250$ per g, with the person collecting it from the tree charging a base rate of 10$ an hour for physical labour. this is not the case.

people do this work most often to their own detriment, despite what is projected...... but i guess profiteeering comes into play when it hits bulk amounts and also when it hits the hands of the dealers who may well be charging 250-300 a g.... i wouldnt know.

i jsut remember someone coming up to me outraged at a party that someone was selling it for 250$ a g, and i said "sure that sounds expensive, but if thats what he is asking and people are having life changing experiences then hey, whats a g of coke or md sell for these days :rolleyes: "

personally if ever friends have more then sample bags for me, i.e upwards of 300mgxtal or 1/2g mix then im more then happy to give them 100-150 to have a g sitting in my stash for when the time and people presents itself! (and this is in australia so i would imagine overseas it is a lot rarer and a lot more expensive.... but still jsut as valuable if it is for free or if it is for 250eu)

Edited by _e_

If there is demand then there will allways be supply..that's human nature to want to make a buck....be interesting to see if you are right `e`about it being MHRB..I wondered why they showed that web page with MHRB for sale..where they actually trying to say a man was arrested with a pound and quarter of root bark..but to sensationalize it they said it was DMT..wouldn't surprise me.

I heard on the grapevine that 200 is the typical mark for it around these parts.....that puts me out of the ball game if its for sale...I'm lucky if I can afford 10 bucks of petrol these days...although I will let you in on a little secret about petrol pumps...some cheap ass servo's have dodgy pumps and if you just barely squeeze the trigger fuel will actually come out and the meter does not tick over...I have filled up my car many times using this technique.. :wink: its been years since I found a faulty pump but I recently found one again and I allways use it now....it takes longer to fill your car..but is certainly worth it....fuck em u might call it stealing I call it surviving.

H.

Pretty sure it was crystal. In the vid they say they did'nt know what it was & called in biological control? (or something like that), probly cause he was 'arab apppearance'. Do'nt think they'd do that with a bit of bark.

So what example 4 psilocybes is the only one they analize Torsten?

Yeah thats quite a quote e, I just dont understand the lack of compassion for yet another victim of the war on drugs, a war that affects us all, talk about kicking a man when his down.

Edited by shruman

So what example 4 psilocybes is the only one they analize Torsten?

Different states have different guidelines and even within each state the prosecutors go different ways. With Psilocybe spp the issue is usually that the material has to be analysed to prove that it is indeed psilocybin containing. Essentially, if yu admitted in the interview that it was psilocybin containng shrooms then they don't NEED an analysis, but they will probably get it anyway to make sure the case doesn't fall apart for other reasons.

There are cases where analysis confirmed psilocybin content [even quantitatively] yet the charge and conviction was on the basis of total shroomw eight. ie 10g shrooms = 10g psilocybin.

I just dont understand the lack of compassion for yet another victim of the war on drugs, a war that affects us all, talk about kicking a man when his down.

I think a lot of people make a differentiation between individuals rights and people who utilise the WOD to make money. I think most members here would agree that making some dmt for yourself and even some for your friends should not be legislated against. On the other hand if someone is making 10 kilos a week and earns a fuckload of money for doing so then many might view this differently, ESPECIALLY if the price is only high because the product is illegal. Or, to take a different perspective, if someone manufactures drugs as a business and that business is really only highly profitable because of prohibition, then isn't the premium that the buyer pays simply 'risk money' and as such if someone gets busted, isn't he just getting busted cos his luck ran out?

I know that this is a contentious point especially when it comes to plant drugs, but I personally don't see much of a difference between whether it is plants or semisynthetics like LSD, MDMA etc. The money is being made BECAUSE of the drug war, so if you enter to play the game then you accept the risks.

In comparison for example, if DMT was legal a kilo of synthetic would cost less than $500 and a kilo of plant derived DMT would start at about $1500 for commercial operations and $3000 for boutique manufacturers. Instead we are looking at prices of 80,000 upwards.

note, I am not saying that dmt makers are ripping people by $73,000 as legalisation would completely change the way the stuff is farmed and made. But even with current methods dmt would only cost maximum $30,000/kg, so there is definitely a profit component that is simply due to the WOD.

wow... they are some big ass figures ur using there T.

very interesting and enlightening to see it put in such a way.

totally agree re 'risk money' and 'luck running out'.. its the whole sustainability thing, those who risked a lot and charged very little do really well in the long run despite doing it tough short term, and those whom have put opther people in the risky seat and sat back to be fat cats always end up getting the bullet in the end. (heheh im going from some of my organised crime/mafia research/interest b.t.w)

which is why boutique vineyards have always been my favourite .

always seems the people whom have a passion for quality and are doing it as a labour of love make the best wine, and jam, e.t.c.... (i've always had a bit of a taste for the finer things not to sound too pompous, so have always put energy into quality not quantity... just come have a look at my wine cellar, its pretty minimal but without floating my boat ive cracked some bloody good bottles the past few special occasions) a 1972 hunter river penfolds dry red for the anniversary of a friends passing just recently for instance!

just curious how u calculated the cost of producing one kg at 30k? (is that including man hours e.t.c?)

i have heard that the actual cost of production doesnt fall anywhere below 90$ per g... perhaps a little less if using really high yielding plant sources and working on a bulk level... (which is a third of your quote, and i wasnt including pay per hour or 'risk factor') but u know uve probably got a better ear to the ground then me.

b.t.w. my comment regarding coke and md is that there seems to be a much higher profit margin from supplier to dealer (wldnt know about manufacturing e.t.c)... sure seems most of the money and large scale ops would be in md and coke, and that lsd would be boutique but quite lucrative in comparison (but far more demanding)????

i was more suggesting the 'entheogenic potential' of dmt over md or coke was a lot more 'valuable'. if ya get me.