The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Stinkmeat

Bridgesii?

Question

I went to Mitre 10 the other day to find some pots (their pots were shit), and I stumbled across this. I immediately thought it was a Bridgesii. A confirmation ID would be greatly appreciated.

post-3855-1231764000_thumb.jpgpost-3855-1231764061_thumb.jpg post-3855-1231764145_thumb.jpgpost-3855-1231764164_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Stink

post-3855-1231764000_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1231764061_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1231764145_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1231764164_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1231764000_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1231764061_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1231764145_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1231764164_thumb.jpg

10 answers to this question

I can't help but i agree their pots (both plastic and ceramic) are shit. Don't go to Mitre 10 or Bunnings for pots.. Cacti though, always worth a shot!

Don't you love how none of the cactus at Bunnings or Mitre 10 are labeled.. :huh:

I'm a total newbie to cactus ID man But I'm gettin the hang of it ...rubs blurry eyes from reading about them on net... :blink: but I'd say you definitely got a bridgey there.

H.

Edited by Hunab Ku

Nice lil bridgie :)

As for pots, try your local rubbish tip for pots of all shapes and sizes for free. Just give them a clean and they are fine in most cases.

Edited by PD.

Nice lil bridgie :)

As for pots, try your local rubbish tip for pots of all shapes and sizes for free. Just give them a clean and they are fine in most cases.

ive scored ute loads of terracotta pots from the dump just by following the guy from a set of lights to see where he was headed with such beautiful old pots.

just for reference, a bleach wash is reccomended to get rid of any nasties!

Nice find, definite bridgesii. Never seen any trichos at my local mitre 10, but their cacti section is a table 2 metres long and about 2 feet wide, so it's rather limited.

If you want good pots, go to your local nursery, you'll find plenty of good ones to choose from, and they're usually cheaper than bunnings/mitre 10.

Most nurserys around my way have large bins full of recycled pots, usually just have to give a gold coin donation for 10 of any size.

Most nurserys around my way have large bins full of recycled pots, usually just have to give a gold coin donation for 10 of any size.

very nice...

looks identical to plants sourced from teo few years back (anyone know what they are?)

i have been finding big large commericial type blak pots in new development areas after landscapers have been through found about 20 last year afew here a few there good luck :)

Gotta love those white Styrofoam boxes they leave out the back of grocers..they rock for all sorts in the garden.

H.