The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
sharxx101

Anyone after Ariocarpus retusus

Hi everyone I have come across some ariocarpus retusus and I am just wondering if anyone would like some. They are 3 year old seedlings. Please PM me if your interested. Trade prefered, but will sell if there is nothing for trade.

Edited by sharxx101

:lol: I can confirm that I have 9 of these to get rid of. It looks like 3 are already gone. I will have these by early next week. :drool2:

these from the bulk lot on ebay?

Hey Gillian yes they are the ones. Dont have them yet but I will have them sometime next week. I have been hanging to get some Ario's into my collection one is supposably a monstrose. I paid $100 postage included for 11 of these babies and I think that was a great buy.

Hey watertrade, here is the pics off ebay.

post-4574-1226531652_thumb.jpg

post-4574-1226531662.jpg

post-4574-1226531662.jpg

post-4574-1226531662.jpg

Edited by sharxx101

No probs Watertrade, in the second pic the 2nd one on the bottom left maybe a monstrose cant wait to see if it is!

Edited by sharxx101

No probs Watertrade, in the second pic the 2nd one on the bottom left maybe a monstrose cant wait to see if it is!

good luck! I reckon the grower would have kept this one if it was a monstrose. you could be lucky though. either way they will treat you well. :) it will be good to get them into pots while its warm.

my Ariocarpus are really taking off (as much as Ariocarpus can) lots of nice fleshy green :)

good luck! I reckon the grower would have kept this one if it was a monstrose. you could be lucky though. either way they will treat you well. :) it will be good to get them into pots while its warm.

my Ariocarpus are really taking off (as much as Ariocarpus can) lots of nice fleshy green :)

Let hope my luck pays off! What sort of potting mix do you use for your ario's WT?

Anyone who would like one of these I am selling them for $10 each plus postage PM me if you would like one.

thats a great price, to bad im not in aus. looking great, get pics once you plant them up :)

No probs will have pics later in the week, the one that suppose to be a monstrose is very interesting!

EDIT:

Edited by sharxx101

Haha Kosta strikes again!!!

Kosta Zu!

Kosta def strikes again...

I am still after a few larger specimens, and the only person in a cactus society who replied was kosta, with massive prices on all the ones he was offering

He offered small arios the same size as you got sharxx for $15 ea.

Edited by gilligan

Watch out for dodgy plants from this guy. With the prices he charges you think he could sell better plants!

Kosta Zu!

Nope, Kosta XXXXXXX (edited by mod)

I think the Kosta you refer to is spelled Kostya, anyway I digress...

Edited by AndyAmine.

Thanks for the warning guys! The arios I got off him were all good I was gonna buy some other stuff off him but I dont know if I will now. Yes they aint cheap!!! Expensive!!!

Thanks Phos and Gilligan for the warning

they are expensive due to their rarity and difficulty in cultivation.

once u have tried growing them u understand the prices.

there needs to be a lot more effort put into growing and grafting arios,

will be doing a bulk grow in the new year i want to document with photos.

out of around 800 or so seedlings i had up in a previous attempt, i only have 12 that have survived the grafting process, but ive worked out some kinks and ive a better idea on what they like for next time.

these where all fissuratus that i grew, i believe retusus are alot more resiliant.

Incognito,

Retusus are the most vulnerable Ario SP to root rot especially in the dormant period. This being said they will tollerate more neglect :D Sorry to hear about your deceased arios....such a beautiful genus. please document your next attempt I for one would be very interested in your methods.

Yep, me too, seems challenging [among other things] to cultivate some of the slowest growing species of cacti :)

how much do arios of flowering size cost on the net?

Not cheap usually. Depends on the age of the plant