The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
FancyPants

Uses for discarded cactus juice?

I've had a brief look in the search here and other places on the net and can't really find what I want to know.

So I've frozen some cactus and as I would thaw to remove the skin more easily, there's a helluva lot of juice runoff. As you would all know very well. It seems like a bit of a waste to just throw it away or down the sink, so does anyone know if there's any good uses for it? I've seen on the net they've made insect repellant out of the juice but I don't particularly want to slather it - with the consistency of snot - all over my body for that purpose. Is it good for watering other live cactus or other potted plants?

What do you all do with it? I've kept what has runoff so far in a container in the fridge and it's a very light green. I hope there's none of the good stuff in there though, but can't see how there would be.

dont worry about removing spines & skin & all that jazz, chuck the whole thing in the blender (its ok to discard the core its pretty useless and just takes up space) and away you go!

and away you go!

go where?

go where?

The other side of course! :wub:

go where?

LMAO...

H.

i would assume there would be good stuff in it...

Bugger.

dont worry about removing spines & skin & all that jazz, chuck the whole thing in the blender (its ok to discard the core its pretty useless and just takes up space) and away you go!

Damn inconsistencies. I've read quite a few times that the skin can make the nausea worse. Obviously not the only reason for the nausea, since I get the cramping on cid anyway.

Have you personally - or anyone else here - noticed any difference?

go where?

ROFL.

poof

Edited by zelly

Im with Mu on this one. No need to remove nought but the inner core. Load of crap that skin ans spines cause stomach upsets i have been told.

Im with Mu on this one. No need to remove nought but the inner core. Load of crap that skin ans spines cause stomach upsets i have been told.

spines cause porblems if you eat them...

Ive never seen a spine in the final product if you strain out all the unwanted stuff which is the usual process when the job is finished.

Skining and despining is the biggest waste of time and effort imo.

Skining and despining is the biggest waste of time and effort imo.

id hafta agree about the skinning bit.

nothing more tedious.

i am paranoid about accidently drinking cactus spine,

my luck i wouldnt strain correctly,

needle nose plyers are good just to yak them out.

but im sure if strained correctly spines are no biggy.

I thought youd like nothing more than a prick down your throat incognito :P

sorry, couldnt help myself

I tried the final product juice in one of my earlier tests, and just didn't get the results. I was most likely doing something wrong :P But the last time I got it right and didn't bother making into a tea which I couldn't drink anyway. Just chopped it all into little chips, dried them, and blended the dried chips so it was all a light green/brown powder and stuffed it into 00 size capsules. 7 capsules was definitely enough to contain 10gs dried weight Bridge cactus to have a good time for the first mes time.

So yeah I've found my prep method so I'm sticking to it. but that leaves the residual juice... I think I'll look into the shampoo. And won't bother deskinning most of it hehe. I never bothered removing the spines since I was blending it all anyway.

Thanks, people :)

Bloody amazing! As usual when I'm tripping on whatever I had a neverending stream of thoughts, and all of them benevolent. I wondered how much better the world would be if instead of seeing other people as strangers, we saw ourselves. Instead of getting enraged at someone who just cut you off while driving, you imagine it is YOU driving the other car and you just made a simple mistake; nothing to get upset about. Least of all you don't want to get violent because you wouldn't want to accidently harm the other driver because it's YOU and you don't want to hurt yourself. You don't want to tease that person eating lunch by themself because it's YOU eating lunch by yourself.

As I described it to a friend - who will soon be knowing it for herself - it's like eccies and cid only a whole lot more physical and thus feels more real. Given a choice I do prefer natural substances. My $0.02 anyway :) I just can't wait until my cactus garden is established, and I will be tasting the fruits of my own labour :wub:

id hafta agree about the skinning bit.

nothing more tedious.

i am paranoid about accidently drinking cactus spine,

my luck i wouldnt strain correctly,

needle nose plyers are good just to yak them out.

but im sure if strained correctly spines are no biggy

heheheh just use a small blowtorch and burn the spines off..takes seconds and saves prickin ya self a zillion times..

H.

I thought youd like nothing more than a prick down your throat incognito

sorry, couldnt help myself

u are as rough as a pair of hessian undies PD.

u are disclosing more about ur sexual fantasys toward me than forum members may care to know.

i will see u soon baby :wub: hold onto it.

So NOW I read this thread :rolleyes: