The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Shroomeup

DEAD BIGFOOT FOUND

Some of the places I drive around, I reckon there's all kinds of things in them thar hills. I've seen a few things in the bush that just don't make complete sense... and try to keep a very open mind.

But, just because someone says they found a plausible critter, doesn't mean they're NOT full of shit :P

My favourite at the moment is the Chupacubra... nice work... anything we had here would possibly be more marsupial in origin, the same tribe as the thylacine maybe, those lil carnivorous bush rats, etc.

The Yowie at kilcoy is pretty intense looking, but then, if you've ever been to Kilcoy, you'll know how he feels :lol:

I saw a thing built like cattle dog but with tabby like fur, easily a metre long not long ago at a lowspot in the farmland near here... definitely not a "regular" kind of animal, I'm pretty up with what you find around here and it was just some weird fucking creature, haha. Feline build but canine movement, or something else that just didnt sit right about it. Ran off the road as I went into the dip and then I saw it run back behind the car the MOMENT the headlights had passed, so it was pretty fast and agile for its size. Bit of a worry.

But thats no excuse to keep it in a freezer for profit, haha.

VM

Hmm....

I'd like to see the North American Ape ~ "Big-Foot" discovered... but I don't think that's it.

Edited by Teotz'

I'd like to NOT see him at all... let some poor bastard somewhere just live in peace eating grubs and picking nits out of his fur.

If we do find him, we drop him via helicopter to that South American tribe they found a while back.

Their bigfoot pic looks like a collection of wigs and pig entrails in conjunction with some bear fur and a reworked frankenstein mask. They didn't go overboard on faking a "storage facility" and it really does look like theyve just tacked something together from shit laying around... but then, people are pretty bright too. Weird that hes meant to be tht heavy and dense but his head isnt pushing the top of the shitty foam out, maybe I'm looking at it wrong though. Shitty pic.

Who knows, wait n see. Might just be some weird kind of human, some lost kind of ape, some weird pack of 'breeds, some escaped creation from a military lab... but then I hear theres native American legends from way back about them, it's not just something invented to sell Coke, exactly.

Doesn't help that the blokes all look like they'd giggle hysterically while sharing a swine between them, either.

VM

I'd like to NOT see him at all... let some poor bastard somewhere just live in peace eating grubs and picking nits out of his fur.

Perhaps some of the areas the North American Ape ~ "Big-Foot" inhabits could be protected as National Forest, I really enjoy America's Parks and Wildlife Refuges... It's one thing Americans did right...

but then I hear theres native American legends from way back about them.

Yup, yup. Many cultures tell of this creature... I believe some of it is simply the collective memory of life as apes before the rise of man... but I also believe that a branch of homoids remains hidden... the North American Ape, "Big-Foot", "Yeti"....

There are reports from several independent sources that a Yowie will be riding a bull in Perth today at 4.00pm. :P

how fake is that hairy lump with a gorilla mask? bigfeet don't exist, UFOs haven't visited this planet, hypnagogic hallucination don't take you to other levels of reality (or let you float through this one), the world isn't going to end in 2012, the US government didn't plan and attack the WTC, jesus isn't the son of god, there is no god for that matter...

Edit: The opossum thing is here: http://uk.reuters.com/article/scienceNews/...544880720080817

Edited by Undergrounder

how fake is that hairy lump with a gorilla mask? bigfeet don't exist, UFOs haven't visited this planet, hypnagogic hallucination don't take you to other levels of reality (or let you float through this one), the world isn't going to end in 2012, the US government didn't plan and attack the WTC, jesus isn't the son of god, there is no god for that matter...

I disagree with alot of those things.

Thanks for the link!

Edited by Teotz'

There are reports from several independent sources that a Yowie will be riding a bull in Perth today at 4.00pm. :P

I saw it with my own 2 eyes. The bull looked more scared than Yowie did.

Damn hippie cryptids :P

Amen

Link

Science sceptic scorns 'Bigfoot', TV psychics

AN international science sceptic in Perth has attacked news coverage on the supposed discovery of a 'Bigfoot' and scorned a TV 'psychic challenge' program.

Michael Shermer, editor of the science advocacy magazine, Skeptic, said the televison psychic challenge, The One, was merely actors competing to read emotion rather than people with paranormal abilities.

Mr Shermer, in Perth as part of National Science Week, uses science to unravel popular myth and urban legend – exposing the fallacies behind pseudoscience.

“The problem with The One is unlike contests for singing or dancing there is no such thing as psychic powers so really it is a test between people who are able to do cold readings and cold readings is literally being able to read somebody,” Mr Shermer said.

“So really these are just actors faking and pretending to be psychic. It’s actually quite funny how they allegedly do all the things they claim to do.”

Now a self-proclaimed science sceptic, Mr Shermer was once a fundamentalist Christian who practiced rolfing, acupuncture, pyramid power, and a “host of weird things” before converting to science for answers.

Mr Shermer used the recent discovery of mythical ape-human creature Bigfoot in US woodlands to illustrate how junk science takes hold in society.

“Individually we are pattern-seeking primates who look for connections and love to tell stories; it’s all part of learning,” Mr Shermer said.

“Our brains by default believe things are real and we don’t seem to have a mechanism to switch that off because learning is so important. After all there is no harm in believing these things – you won’t get killed.”

“In the case of Bigfoot I say show me the body, anybody can doctor a photograph.”

Mr Shermer plans to discuss the use of statistics and theory in conspiracy theories alongside the controversial issue of religion verses evolution at the University of Western Australia's Octagon Theatre on Wednesday August 20 at 6pm and August 21 at 1.00pm.

“There is already very strong interest around the topic of scepticism in Australia, and I hope to meet with some of the local sceptics groups there as well as inspire more people to question some of the popular myths we are encouraged to believe,” he said.

“Over the years, I’ve exposed fallacies behind a number of popular beliefs such as 9/11 conspiracy theories, the low-carb diet craze, firewalking, spoon bending and alien sightings. “I’m really looking forward to touring Australia and discussing some of my experiences clarifying popular beliefs and legends,” he adds.

"I’ve exposed fallacies behind a number of popular beliefs such as 9/11 conspiracy theories, the low-carb diet craze, firewalking, spoon bending and alien sightings"

Yes, because the human being was originally designed with refined starch and pesticide for fuel in mind, thousands of honest and otherwise uninterested people thruout history have never seen anything weird in the sky, noone can transcend pain signals via trance techniques and we have ALL the answers in a clear cut fashion about the 11th of September. Spoon bending, dunno, isn't that down to some weird elemental metal? I'll ask the next leprechaun I pass.

Old mate wants to get a move on though, I hear there's a lil blind girl in Africa who still believes in the Easter Meerkat.

All these "myths" "holding back society"... unlike science with its endless fantastic ideas ala thalidomide, flouride, det, ECT....etc.

Without belief to question, there ARE no questions... and so never any answers. So we'd all be up the creek in a bunyipskin canoe.

Easy to attack when you have nothing worth defending, maybe.

Somewhere, Bigfoot smiles at a joke from Jesus, as Skasey packs a fat one and passes it over :P

VM