The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
brendenx

se qld dmt acacias?

hey all,

I live in se qld and have been told acacia maidenii grows here in a lot of places,but ive been unsuccesful

in finding any:(

can any one help me with where i could find some maidenii or longifolia around north side brisbane?

ive been told mt cootha garden has a few similar plant that contain the desirables but if i went to look id have no idea what im after really.

and i also want to no if bebabuia seeds are worth working with, ive heard these can have an ok content,

and there absolutely everywhere!

any help would be great

topic starter, selfincrimination is against forum rules!!

Edited by planthelper

You're a little disillusioned if you think people will reply to your first post with locations of native plants for you to tear up for yourself. Probably best not to go uprooting plants from the living collection at Mt Cootha either, the good people maintaining those gardens will get upset.

If you've no idea what you're after then the search engine here is an excellent way to access the accumulated wisdom of the many years of this forum. All of the answers lie here and in other nooks of the web.

Get some seeds, buy some tubestock. Start growing a few plants, that's what this place is about.

Welcome to the forum

Mt cootha is a good place to start, look for the wattles that aren't as tall as the others.

You want the bark.

I miss Brisbane :)

^^^WTF?^^^

No, please do not go to the gardens and look for wattles, how would you like someone to head into your back yard that you have spent countless hours tending to and caring for and steal your plants and hard work for their own wants and needs.

Try putting in the hard yards yourself and go out and find some wild stands, its very rewarding.

Then only take what you need and try to not do it in a way that is destructive to the local flora and fauna or that could spread any disease.

Edited by AndyAmine.

^^^WTF?^^^

No, please do not go to the gardens and look for wattles,

Yep. Good way to piss A LOT of people off. Vandalising a tax-payer funded collective asset in a major urban area. Don't do it.

look for somebody that wants their land cleared, give them a hand and take what you want

woah, I don't mean the gardens!

That IS irresponsible.

Bear in mind that a decent whack of the land around coot tha is state forest, only a social spastic would go hacking bark off things in one of those. Also dunno bout the shorter wattles thing, I have a bit of a clue about areas not too far from there at all and the shorter species around tend to be young melas and hickorys... hickorys give ppl trouble as theyre grey, stringy, spike flowers etc. Even in more flat and open areas, I see some now regrowing in flood prone euca scrub, al

Just to be cruel.... my lil tribe was kept warm for most of this evening courtesy of a 7 dollar bag of firewood from the side of the road in an outer NW area... 50 percent of the bag was unbarked Maiden, with the rest nice sweet Bloodwood. I felt worse about burning the bloodwood :lol:

BTW Brendan, you don't happen to do something theatrical for a living, do you?

VM

bebabuia.......not on google?

tebebuia?........is a medicinal admixture to aya from what i know.....not what i assume u are seeking.....but i havent used it that way

t s t .