"hey tooo booo"

peruvianus_hybrid1.jpg

suposedly juuls giant x peruvianus

Torchesaurus

Badgerman4.jpg

Torchesaurus Rex

Truetorch.jpg

Truetorch2.jpg

Hope to do them justice growing them into more showy specimen.

Edited by George

Wow that 2nd peruvianus looks just awesome!

"hey tooo booo"

suposedly juuls giant x peruvianus

WOW!

That's gorgeous!

Blue and Green, I must confess are quickly becoming favorites of mine. Love those pictures. While you may not know for sure what cross you have... just another good reason to grow out a few of their parents and make the same crosses yourself. Nice.

I'm working on propagating a couple of the blue perus right now!

:)

Pics soon!!!

High in the mist covered mountains of the Andes...

....there, grows the mythical blue cactus.

P.S.- Do ANYBODY know where this myth came from???

I don't have a link for you or proof of any type, but I have a very good explanation about the color of the cactus. You began by saying "in the mist covered mountains" and I believe this supplies a key piece of evidence supporting my theory. What I have to say is that most cacti, especially a Peruvianus/Macrogonus/Cuzcoensis will turn blue in humid environments. Try putting a Peruvianus cutting in a humidity tent for a day (don't leave it there lol) and see what happens -- I'll bet the skin starts turning blue within hours. You also mentioned something about red spines and I guess that probably is referring to the amber/brown spines of the "true" Peruvianus (cuzcoensis has white spines like chilensis). While any cactus may turn blue at that altitude/humidity, only the Peruvianus would have the "red" spines too. In my opinion this story probably evolved from folklore used as a guide to locate the real peruvianus.

Well, I don't have a real long spined Peruvianus (just a short spined that is probably a hybrid), so I'll post my glaucous Macrogonus. Some say that Macrogonus and Peruvianus may be the same species, just different varieties, but the spines sure are different!

post-5776-1237601468_thumb.jpg

Edited by cactophyle

Here is the bluest form i have seen yet.

T. rosei #1

post-1464-1237606027_thumb.jpgpost-1464-1237605775_thumb.jpg

DSCN0188.JPG

DSCN0164_1.JPG

DSCN0188.JPG

DSCN0164_1.JPG

Here is the bluest form i have seen yet.

T. rosei #1

post-1464-1237606027_thumb.jpgpost-1464-1237605775_thumb.jpg

thats what I call true blue. I lso got len he is very blue too!

that rosei is a beautiful cactus for sure. looking forward to those becoming for available within the community

I dont think it will be long I have some friends growing some from seed, they maybe hybrids thought

Here is a pic of Len, nice and blue but a bit of a slow grower for a peru

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp163/s...01/IMG_7332.jpg

Here is my peru rosei

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp163/s...01/IMG_7331.jpg

woah nice one PD, lovely mother plant that one.

Nice pics guys!

Keep 'em coming!

Whats the deal with Roseii #1 and Roseii #2...???

Oh and Sharxx that second picture of your Roseii is that 1 or 2...and if you take away that long spine from the centre of each aereole it looks so much like the Yowie cutting you sent me.

Here is a pic of favourite Peruvians...is as blue as any others I have seen in full sun too.

H.

post-4860-1238294032_thumb.jpg

blueperuvians.JPG

blueperuvians.JPG

Edited by Hunab Ku

Rosei #1 seems to be a lil fatter, more silver blue with greater distance between areoles and more sparse spination. Sharxx looks like #1, best/only way to find out what #/if its rosei, is when you get a cutting from the grower himself!!!

Rosei #1 seems to be a lil fatter, more silver blue with greater distance between areoles and more sparse spination. Sharxx looks like #1, best/only way to find out what #/if its rosei, is when you get a cutting from the grower himself!!!

So are both the cuts I traded with you rosei, they both look very different are they both #1? or is it one and 2. Or is it just gowing conditions?

Edited by sharxx101

What exactly is rosei? Trichocereus rosei? ...or Trichocereus peruvianus var. rosei?

So are both the cuts I traded with you rosei, they both look very different are they both #1? or is it one and 2. Or is it just gowing conditions?

LOL, still unsure matey, by the looks of the new growth the bigger of the two may be #1 but still hard to say, need another season of growth i reckon before i can tell for sure!

What exactly is rosei? Trichocereus rosei? ...or Trichocereus peruvianus var. rosei?

Is a peruvi teotz, apparently was named rosei (to avoid confusion with C. peruvianus) by some way back when ppl were arguing over what was what.............not too much different from now actually :P It is still called rosei by the grower of the plant as it was his father that imported it into Au when this name must have been in use or used by the person(s) collecting it.

Ya I was wondering why y'all were talking about it like it's it's own species or something.

Looks like a peruvianus to me!

There are other true blues with which to adorn your yard,if it gets chilly enough during the off season.

Why not try a Picea Pungens 'Hoopsii'

http://www.zelenhoz.com/n/1/PICEA%20PUNGENS%20HOOPSII.jpg

Or an Abies Concolor 'Candicans'

http://www.greergardens.com/images/Conifer...ans%2005-80.jpg

A China fir,Cunninghamia Lanceolata 'Glauca'

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...%3Doff%26um%3D1

Edited by Garbage

Not a T. Peruvians...Blue Form, But a C. Peruvians monstrose Blue form :P ...that certainly is about as blue as anything I've seen. This plant was given to me by a very nice chap about 6 months ago and it was placed right at my back doorstep, more as an ornamental to cover up some unsightly pipes etc...it only got about 2-3 hours of really really late afternoon sun and went this lovely blue colour..it was green when I got it I can assure you. Something about that really late sunlight, the red colour spectrum being predominant in the sky maybe, that's why it went so blue...anyways I've given it a spot back out in full sun now and see if it goes back to green again. Cool fun... :)

post-4860-1256429549_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1256429568_thumb.jpg

IMG_2323.JPG

IMG_2322.JPG

IMG_2323.JPG

IMG_2322.JPG

Ive noticed the Bogan tip i have, is bluing nicely since growing in my less sunny conditions.

I'd prefer to only see pics of Trichocereus in this thread... or other blue cacti... but those plants are kinda cool too!

I'd prefer to only see pics of Trichocereus in this thread... or other blue cacti... but those plants are kinda cool too!

teotz your a dictator, you want people to only post pics in this thread but you havent posted one pic. get over yourself bitch and stop telling people what to fucking do. maybe if you were posting heaps of pics or something you could say shit like that but i dont see your pictures. are you going to step up and show us some of your blue cactus? maybe post them in this thread?