The Corroboree
Stinkmeat

Heavy Metal

are you implying that newer metal is the real metal?

metal has come a long way but the comment still doesn't make sense.

Some more metal news -

Australian progressive metal band, Alchemist, have been anounced as the national support for Meshuggah's tour in October. I haven't heard much of them, but there seemed to be a few people on here that had an interest.

Stink

Disturbed concert this wednesday coming :D can't wait.

Maybe not as hardcore as some like, but as far as metal is concerned, they are legends...in my book anyway.

Peace

Disturbed concert this wednesday coming :D can't wait.

Maybe not as hardcore as some like, but as far as metal is concerned, they are legends...in my book anyway.

Peace

Hey man,

What did you think to Disturbed?? I saw them this time and with Korn and thought they were pretty good this time but not as good as last time.

I never realised they're a "god" rock band until Wednesday night, at the front of the mosh there i thought it was hillsong for while..... :o

Got a good round going for a while later on further back.

Not sure I'd call them a 'god' rock band, they talk a lot about deity's and messiah's and stuff but from my listening I don't know that I'd say they are talking about it in a truly religious sense.

I think they were fucking amazing but thats probably because I've always wanted to see them, used to listen to their live album and just drool, and feeling that kick drum hit to the chest was exactly what I wanted.

I think P.O.D were really good too, and didn't mind Alter Bridge who I hadn't heard before. Behind Crimson Eyes weren't really my thing though.

Would love to have seen them with Korn though, but Korn is probably one of my favorite music acts so I think I'd actually rather see them than disturbed period, also I think Disturbed new album isn't their best so I was glad to hear them play a lot of older stuff.

The circle pit going on was great fun, I still got a sore gut from copping a hefty elbow in there. It was going strong during P.O.D too.

Peace,

Mind

I thought POD was quite good as well, this was a surprise as i'm not really a fan. Behind crimson eyes weren't too good in my opinion though.

Korn were a bit of a disappointment so you didn't really miss out, ok thats prolly a bit harsh. They definately weren't as good as i had expected them to be. Disturbed really rocked that night though..

Gunna be busy the next couple of months with the big shows. Already got tickets for, Judas Preist, Testament, Def leppard and Slipknot and still waiting for Gigantour and the black crusade to go on sale.

I'm still hearing rumours for AC-DC and Metalica even though i think its too late for the big bands to announce anything this season.. Have you heard anything?

Not really a big ACDC or metalica fan actually so no haven't heard, very jealous of your Slipknot tickets but.

Peace,

Mind

some pretty big bands coming here by the sounds.

new metallica september 12.

edit: didn't realise but this album wasn't produced by the bob. in february they announced rick ruben would produce.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

some pretty big bands coming here by the sounds.

new metallica september 12.

edit: didn't realise but this album wasn't produced by the bob. in february they announced rick ruben would produce.

^^best producer in music..lets hope he can inspire some early 80's outta them

anyone goin to Testament in Melb?

Edited by Conan Troutman

Mostly I like electronic stuff, but have been reliving my early teens lately with some choice brutal and technical death metal (the only metal that I really like. looking at taking up guitar again too, death metal style of course.

Cannibal Corpse

Suffocation

and

Deicide

are on high rotation in my player right now :wink:

anyone here dig any doom metal? stuff like sleep, earth or electric wizard (their new album Witchcult Today is amazing)?...slow but powerful.

Judas Priest this w/e! Holy fucking shit, anyone here goin to this massive event?

anyone here dig any doom metal? stuff like sleep, earth or electric wizard (their new album Witchcult Today is amazing)?...slow but powerful.

I like a bit of doom. Got into Sleep a while back. Holy Mountain is wicked.

If your into Sleep I highly recomend "The Sword". A young group out of texas they predominatly do doom but aren't afraid to speed it up a bit and play around with other genres, got a nice stoner feel a la kyuss and even some trashy sections. Check out "Age Of Winters", probably my fav album atm. They've got a new album out just this year "Gods Of The Earth" only heard a few tracks on youtube but it seems to of the same quality.

Dope Throne by Electric Wizard is an awesome album. But lately i've been listening to Beneath the Remains by Sepultura, Septic Flesh and Strapping Young Lads.

The singer of STY looks strange enough to give kids nightmares haha. Also if anyone is looking for some good stoner rock should check out Yawning man. Awesome stoner rock with a real surfy influence.

cheers

pelican, isis, 8 foot sativa, burzum, sepultura, death, check out concord dawns remix of slayers raining blood,opeth, pantera, behemoth

burzum lol controversial artist, i don't mind some.

i'm sure alkonost was somebody else before.

i'm sure alkonost was somebody else before.

Well I was kinda someone else before. I changed my screen name and put up an avatar. I only had one or two posts under the other name so figured if I was going to change best to get out of the way sooner rather than later.

Anyway. I forgot to mention earlier how great I've found this thread. Got into some great stuff thanks to it. Blotted Science being the big one, damn that shit goes off. Also got me to give Mastodon another listen and now I blast their stuff regularly.

A couple more bands I've been getting into lately:

Protest the Hero

The Dillinger Escape Plan

Dillinger is a bit too hardcore for me but some of their songs are soooooo good and theres no denying their technical ability.

good idea man.

it's already very hard for me to remember things about everyone, until the poster has a solid ID in my mind. that's basically some mods and about 20 other posters. i expect most feel similarly.

If your into Sleep I highly recomend "The Sword". A young group out of texas they predominatly do doom but aren't afraid to speed it up a bit and play around with other genres, got a nice stoner feel a la kyuss and even some trashy sections. Check out "Age Of Winters", probably my fav album atm. They've got a new album out just this year "Gods Of The Earth" only heard a few tracks on youtube but it seems to of the same quality.

yeah The Sword are amazing. the perfect cross between stoner and thrash. i'm a big fan of age of winters. some of the guitars are mind bending.

also don't know if anyone has mentioned this previously but Mastadon's 'Blood Mountain' is amazing. very psychedelic metal...according to their bio a lot of their lyrics were inspired by their psychedelic experiences. the musicianship is inhuman....

also we're not really metal but my band 'regular john' is pretty heavy, stonery, punk stuff. check out some of our tracks myspace.com/regularjohnmusic

peace.

JUDAS PRIEST - Wow! :drool2:

got drunk stoned lost in the city so missed the openin of it, but the rest of the show was fuckin killer.

And they even played breaking the law w00000h0000! B)

great fun had by all

breakin the law, breakin the law brr brrr, epic song. jealous. is the lineup still original apart from the ripper? did they play uh... the other awesome song? sorry i'm half drunk.

^^^

haha. Anyone going to see Meshuggah? Last time i checked tickets were about $50. Hopefully they wont be sold out by the time i get some cash.

cheers

^^^

haha. Anyone going to see Meshuggah? Last time i checked tickets were about $50. Hopefully they wont be sold out by the time i get some cash.

cheers

Yeah Boy! I've got my tickets to the Brisbane show, with 3 or 4 other people. The tickets were only $60 with postage and everything, pretty good deal. :wink: Less than a month away, I'm soooooooo fuckin excited. :P I hope you get some cash together Son, I'm betting they will be well worth it.

Anyone else going to the Brisbane show?

Stink