The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
parzival

Iboga

Nothing Exists in this world without the death of something to sustain it's existence. Whether that be organic, or inorganic - Thoughts... perception even. It is a multi-faceted idea.

An organism must consume in order to survive. This is the pretext to all life. Right now as you sit infront of ur puter, countless billions of bloodcells and organisms are being created/nourished and destroyed inside of you. Foreign Bacteria are being slaughtered en masse, and your friendly bacteria a copping a beating constantly also. Everything must Fight to Survive. That is the law of existence. Survival.

If we have no predation, what would push us to our boundaries?. What would make us strive and develop strength in the face of utterly intangible odds. It is a war without end. An endless battle... but what an elegant battle!

Is that your argument that this capitist bullshit society we live in, is ok?

Nothing Exists in this world without the death of something to sustain it's existence.
Slept through biology class, eh? Photolithotrophs survive on nothing but water, minerals, light, and CO2 which is exhaled from living organisms. They dont need anything to die. I'm sure you've seen them, they're the things that make your water jugs green and slimy. Didnt you ever wonder how things could grow and thrive in plain water with no organic matter?

photolithotrophs eat minerals you say? what does the bwiti eat?

Teotz' Posted Yesterday, 08:17 PM

Nothing Exists in this world without the death of something to sustain it's existence. Whether that be organic, or inorganic - Thoughts... perception even. It is a multi-faceted idea.

An organism must consume in order to survive. This is the pretext to all life. Right now as you sit infront of ur puter, countless billions of bloodcells and organisms are being created/nourished and destroyed inside of you. Foreign Bacteria are being slaughtered en masse, and your friendly bacteria a copping a beating constantly also. Everything must Fight to Survive. That is the law of existence. Survival.

If we have no predation, what would push us to our boundaries?. What would make us strive and develop strength in the face of utterly intangible odds. It is a war without end. An endless battle... but what an elegant battle!

Is that your argument that this capitist bullshit society we live in, is ok?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teotz, thankyou for your interpretation of my post.

The INTENT of my statement however was not directed toward your interpretation. It was more of a spiritual ascertation of the natural process of things here on P.E.

In the vein of Carlos of course...

We are all beings that are going to die. Maitreya once said. Meditation upon death is the highest meditation in Buddhism.

Impermanence & the Relative truth.

"If you see it, you see it directly.

If you THINK, you are Mistaken."

Only don't know.

Ciao.

post-151-1216359749_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tlaloc

Auxin Posted Yesterday, 09:21 PM

QUOTE (Tlaloc @ Jul 17 2008, 12:10 PM) *

Nothing Exists in this world without the death of something to sustain it's existence.

Slept through biology class :bong: , eh? Photolithotrophs survive on nothing but water, minerals, light, and CO2 which is exhaled from living organisms. They dont need anything to die. I'm sure you've seen them, they're the things that make your water jugs green and slimy. Didnt you ever wonder how things could grow and thrive in plain water with no organic matter?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CYCLICAL DEPENDENCY

Hello Auxin! Let me quote you. "Photolithotrophs survive on water, minerals, light, and CO2." In my initial post I explained that the cycle of predation is MASSIVE. It's a multi-faceted idea.

Photolithotrophs are Dependant upon Living creatures AND the Cyclical process that creates the adequate conditions for its survival. Their existence is fragile and dependent. Subtract 1 or more of the Aforementioned pre-requisites of survival .... and you have a non-existent structure.

An Important key-word in your statement is "Survive." What you're saying is; without Water, Sunlight, Minerals and CO2 this little blighter is screwed right? Predation exists here in it's simplest forms. It is The cycle of predation that provides the basis to all life - microscopic or Universal.

Surely there can exist no simpler and yet more profound observation.....??? Predation serves the argument that Everything is subject to Change and animate matter is subject to constant change.

For argument's sake... The Sun is Dying. 4B years it will expand so large that the earth will be engulfed and scorched to oblivion. Tell me, What is dependent on the Sun for it's survival? ....

Minerals are created by a long and tangible process.

Backtrack the processes of creation for your dependency structures & you will be cognizant the Cyclical dependency.

All the Best.

Tlaloc

A little redirection (or is that mis-direction?): Some of my students were smoking I. flowers last week and claimed significant effects. Has anyone else tried this or am I behind the curve again?

I refused to partake, as the pungent/acrid smell of the flowers gave me a headache, the same headache smelling Datura flowers gives me.

never smoked the flowers, but other parts are certainly active when smoked. we'll be offering iboga leaf in the next couple of weeks for this purpose.

I have freshly harvested seed if someone with the appropriate propagation facilities wants to try them?? Must have the right facilities though!!

Edited by Tripitaka

stimulating and mildy mind bending. Entertaining but nothing profound.

I* sounds amazing (even if I don't say so from myself ) but I worry it would make me abstain from any one of a number of habituated behaviours I really enjoy.

Any word on long term health effects of say repeated but entirely accidental smoke inhalation sustained downwind of smouldering stockpiles of I* leaf?

VM

nothing is really known about the use of leaf. certainly not a lot of regular recreational traditional use. it's more of a novelty item.

a friend told me he smoked the roots with good effects, when i said, don't you need a lot of root material for this, he answered, even small amounts produced noticable results.

Resurrection...I think I made a boo-boo.

Bought some seeds off here a while ago (a few months) which have sat in a saddy in a drawer.

Now there-in lies the mistake. I jumped in without reading enough, and as such... but no point crying over spilt milk so now I just want to know, is it too late?

Can they be revived?

I put 3 in a container with hot water and some HBWR seeds to try and germ.

Will they actually germ? And is this the way to go about it anyway?

Is there any hope for the poor neglected seeds?

At least I learned a lesson from the experience!

Peace,

Mind

it would be a miracle.

Figured as much, massive bummer but that is what I get for jumping the gun.

At least lesson learned.

Peace

Hey a bump on this topic, I planted those Iboga seeds, some of them anyway, and there are now two healthyish (a bit etiolated and pale from being in the dark and neglected since I thought they were no hopers) seedlings. Few issues that I need help with, they are both in the one pot, should I separate them now or wait until they are healthier?

And since they were growing with cling wrap over the pot, they are both fairly sideways, should I stake them?

And the balcony they are on now does not get too much sun, maybe 5-6 hours of afternoon sunlight, do they need artificial light (e.g around the edge of a HPS set up)?

And should I put them in a greenhouse type thing (plastic bag etc) to try and keep the humidity up.

Just want to get them straight up and strengthening their stems so they can grow.

Peace

Edited by MindExpansion

take the plastic off ...harden em up ....and give em some filtered sun..dont worry about dividing them, let em have some company in the same pot and sing them some nice songs..man I really have the worst headache in the world..

H.

don't remove the plastic in one go. best to replace with some bottle-hothouse or something similar to keep humidity high. harden off slowly.

also, seedlings definitely don't like sun, so keep in well lit shade.

can you post a pic so we can make sure it is actually iboga. it would be VERY interesting if the seeds survived your delays.

GF took the camera to NZ with her this morning so I'll post pics next wednesday, but definitely iboga as seed shell still on both heads. Should I pull them off by the way?

The pot is now on a water heater that only gets sun from a south facing window, I will put a bottle over it.

What is everyone's stance on staking them up?

Also, how quickly can they be hardened off?

Peace

but definitely iboga as seed shell still on both heads. Should I pull them off by the way?

Only if they threaten to cause rot of the meristem. otherwise just leave them.

I will put a bottle over it.

make sure to take the cap off or they will cook.

What is everyone's stance on staking them up?

They'll fix themselves up.

Also, how quickly can they be hardened off?

minimum a week. better 2. depends entirely on your climate.

Cheers for the quick responses Torsten, I was that surprised to see them, and 2/3, well you know the saying.

Bottle with no lid, check, I will do it over 2 or 3 weeks, am currently in Sydney and it is varying a lot weather wise here of late, but overall moving towards being hotter.

The water heater will keep the soil at around 30 degrees. Is this too hot? I'm fretting over these like one might a new born baby.

So no staking, even though they are so long and they sorta grow up, then sideways?

And should they be split into individual pots now...or later? Have been given conflicting reports on this.

Peace

Hey guys, I hope you don't mind me breaking in like this, if you do, sorry, if you don't, cool.

Anyways, I planted 3 Iboga seeds about 3 or 4 weeks ago in sifted coarse horticultural sand.

I put them in 2 little plastic seedling box thingies about 40cm by 20cm, I put 2 in 1 etc.. on top of a heated reptile-hutch with

a digital thermometer hooked up to the seedling boxes

The temperature of 1 is constantly 26.9C with a variable of approximately 0.6C. The 2nd is about 29.9 - 31.1C, the sand in each has not been allowed to dry.

I got the seeds out of a fresh pod and as soon as they arrived at my joint I planted them, the pod was off the tree for

only a short time and, as I took 'em out I planted them, not outa' the pod for 30 seconds.

As I am totally new to this plant, could someone please tell me weather I am doing the right thing, I read that they take

a while to come up? That's cool, I just don't wanna get too gee'd up for a let down. I tried 2 different temperatures 'cos I dunno what's best.

Thanx and once again, sorry if I'm outa' order :crux: please don't do me like they did that poor fucka'. :innocent_n: :innocent_n: :innocent_n:

Edited by the germinator

So no staking, even though they are so long and they sorta grow up, then sideways?

Stake if you don't think they can support themselves, but otherwise there is no need and it may only cause injury.

And should they be split into individual pots now...or later?

Transplanting is always best once the stem is woody. There is no hurry in separating them. I'd do it eventually, but when the risk of dying is reduced.