The Corroboree

"do what thou wilt" implies to me "be what you will be".... you can apply it to a rock.....it can only "do what thou wilt" as nature intended. So to "do what thou wilt" means "be what is in your nature"...IMO....I don't see it as licence to do whatever ever you want morally or immorally if you know what I mean? But go forward and be what you were made for.........

Just my 2 bobs worth....biggrin.gif

The way I've always interpreted is a bit different to some.

We are all born with free will, our free will can applied applied in any way we see fit, good, evil,malevolent,benevolent, greed, violence, empathy etc- take your pick, they are just clichés really.

The point of the mantra is more of a proposition meant to evoke higher thought than a statement.

How will you apply your will ?

Life is an endless process of decisions and consequences, how will your decisions look in hindsight ?

Is the decision you are about to make going to benefit just you and what are the the consequences of your decision ?

Will you go to your grave knowing you made the world a better place or did you just gratify your own greedy ideals ?

Are you following some institutionalised dogma or are you your own master ?

The list goes on

If you believe in Karma than you must be aware of the implications of your own decisions.

.....while we are on the topic i have the complete works of the golden dawn sitting around if anyone is interested the thing just gives me bad vibes i have only opened it twice, most the rituals are taken directly from free masonry, postage would be alot due to the weight, pm me for more details. <- thread hyjack!

Crowley was simply a man who knew how to manipulate people, and had some understanding of the law of attraction.. all a ritual is, is simply a way to empower a manifestation. By using tools and actions one makes the working of magik more realistic to themself thus maken it more powerful, a monk in a cave with his bare hands can do the same as any high magik practitioner, its all in the confidence, and crowly had alot of that......

In regards to my opinion on the first post with the quote.. It is ether mis information or random cocaine induced epiphany (Crowley loved his coke) ....

If you think about it, in a time When NOONE was writing, those who first wrote down would of generated alot of manifesting power from the universe...... *taps his nose*

Crowley's goal just like all of our goals was to become enlightened (or as free masons call it, find your higher self)...

Did he do that??? No more then you have i imagine.......

(PM me for more info on books, with a trade offer if interested)

EDIT:

Book called "The Golden Dawn, as reveled by Israel Regarde"

Edited by vual

.....while we are on the topic i have the complete works of the golden dawn sitting around if anyone is interested the thing just gives me bad vibes i have only opened it twice, most the rituals are taken directly from free masonry, postage would be alot due to the weight, pm me for more details. <- thread hyjack!

Crowley was simply a man who knew how to manipulate people, and had some understanding of the law of attraction.. all a ritual is, is simply a way to empower a manifestation. By using tools and actions one makes the working of magik more realistic to themself thus maken it more powerful, a monk in a cave with his bare hands can do the same as any high magik practitioner, its all in the confidence, and crowly had alot of that......

In regards to my opinion on the first post with the quote.. It is ether mis information or random cocaine induced epiphany (Crowley loved his coke) ....

If you think about it, in a time When NOONE was writing, those who first wrote down would of generated alot of manifesting power from the universe...... *taps his nose*

Crowley's goal just like all of our goals was to become enlightened (or as free masons call it, find your higher self)...

Did he do that??? No more then you have i imagine.......

(PM me for more info on books, with a trade offer if interested)

PM'd

me and hutch have come to a agreement book will be passed around the corroboree like a bottle of cheap wine...

If you whant to be next in the line talk to hutch i spose.

• Like 1

me and hutch have come to a agreement book will be passed around the corroboree like a bottle of cheap wine...

If you whant to be next in the line talk to hutch i spose.

Same with Journey of Souls by Michael Newton.....Vual will have it an pass it on to interested persons....Please guys...can I just ask for some respect here. If I pass you a book it will not be mine but Vual's and I would like to believe he gets it back and vis versa

Hutch..

• Like 1

hutch - which book have you got from vual?

hutch - which book have you got from vual?

the complete works of the golden dawn
Book called "The Golden Dawn, as reveled by Israel Regarde"

Cheers

Hutch

If you believe in Karma than you must be aware of the implications of your own decisions.

Edited by blowng

what is will?

is it not a force unto itself?

does your arm not move by will?

does the mind not also move by will?

ask, seek search, all acts of will... no?

Will is beyond thought, before thought, thoughts are acts of will, not the other case around

can one will what one does not will?

to say i will, is not to will

nothing said in words is as signifigant as will

Tao is relative to will

will is the division and the return of the mind to its abiding place

will affects all things, is as a field or aura

to do as one will is beyond desire

beyond anticipation

will is a state

one cannot change ones will

whatever will be, will be

to do as one wills is to do as one is

to escape the confines of thought

to return to original mind

will is as kether

from it both the receptive and the active flow

it is the crown of being

will is the unity of mind with the universe

• Like 1

works of the golden dawn...most the rituals are taken directly from free masonry
The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn is a tradition of magic and spiritual development. It is probably the single greatest influence on twentieth century western occultism. Many other traditions, including Wicca draw their concepts of magic and ritual from the Golden Dawn traditions.

The three founders, Dr. William Woodman, William Westcott, and Samuel Mathers were, you’ve guessed it, Freemasons and members of Societas Rosicruciana in Anglia (S.R.I.A.) a Masonic Side Degree.

There appear to be many influences on Golden Dawn concepts and work including: Christian mysticism, Kabbalah, Hermeticism, Paganism of Egypt, Theurgy, Freemasonry, Alchemy, Theosophy, Eliphas Levi, Papus, Enochian magic, and medieval grimoires.

The Golden Dawn contains a great deal of Masonically-derived symbolism, but has no formal connection with Freemasonry.

In common with many other "fringe" or "occult" societies founded in the later years of the 19th century, the founders of the Golden Dawn seem to have adapted the existing allegorical and dramatic framework of Masonic ceremonies when constructing the Golden Dawn.

For instance, In the Outer Order, both the layout of the Temple and the functions of Officers seem to have closely mirrored those of the Blue Lodge of Masonry.

In the Inner Order, the drama enacted in the initiation rituals is reminiscent of that in the "Rose Croix" degree of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, and is certainly related to the ceremonies of the Societas Rosicruciana in Anglia.

I do not feel qualified to speak about the Golden Dawn in any more significant depth but it is quite clear that it had a significant influence on the development of modern Paganism - The Golden Dawn has been the most intensively used source for modern western occult and magical writing.

The Golden Dawn was probably the single greatest influence on 20th century western occultism. While it existed, it was the focal point of the development of magical thinking in Europe. In it, most concepts of magic and ritual that have since become core elements of Wicca, Thelema, and other forms of magical spirituality.

In its heyday, many cultural celebrities belonged to the Order. Some well-known members included Aleister Crowley, Arthur Machen and William Butler Yeats. The membership also included a large number of professional people, especially physicians, chemists, ministers and writers, many of whom were also Masons.

http://pagantheologies.pbworks.com/w/page/13622064/Freemasonry#TheHermeticOrderoftheGoldenDawn

• Like 1

magick does not excist. It is all only seemingly magick.

world was sung into exsistance = meant to be interpeted in an haha literal/abstract way.

crowley was a freak.

everyone can do magic - everyone does magic.... when we are little kids > adults sometimes fool kids with things we dont understand... now we are alllll grown up and it's the people who have less illusions that do seemingly magical things.... I think most of us are too caught up to see. Some of us here might have had experiences that make this point clear.

• Like 1

one cannot change ones will

I have to disagree with that part but I agree with the rest of your post.

One can lose the will to live isn't that changing your will ?

Many people have also been dying and just decided that they were not going to die and recovered.

In the more advanced levels Qi gong the body movements become less important and the focus is on mindful intent or directing the will.

In some areas Qi gong masters are known as Daoist magicians and they are capable of some truly astounding feats, Shaolin temple monks are one example of people who use mindful intent to perform some remarkable feats.

One Daoist parlour trick used to demonstrate the power of the mind can be easily done by anyone (anyone that's not a total pigheaded skeptical arse that is, those type of minds block new stimulus without giving it a chance)

If you put your wrists together so the line on one hand (where your palm meets your wrist) touches the corresponding point on the other hand.

Then roll your palms together until your palms are touching, and then push your fingers together so your hands are in the prayer position.

Now you will find one of 3 possibilities.

1 Your middle fingers are the same length

2 Your left middle finger is longer than your right

3 Your right middle finger is longer than your left.

Now pull your hands apart and stare at the shorter finger ,If you don't have a shorter finger stare at the middle finger on your preferred hand.

Now look at that finger and give it all your attention, and say

Growing, growing, stretching, pulling, growing, growing stretching pulling for about 20 seconds and the whole time imagine you can feel it being stretched and try to imagine it getting bigger.

Now put your wrists together as before and roll you hands and fingers back up together quickly and see what happens.

I tried my best to line my wrists up several times and each time I completed it my left hand fingers are all longer than my right....I swear I am starting even at the wrist...I'm deformed....biggrin.gif

Happens to all, when I performed the exercise my left middle finger was shorter than my right initially, then on realignment it was the same length as the right. (I think that's the point of it)

Burn that fuckn book mate...... The golden dawn book is written very cryptically. You need to be trained in order to change the rituals to get the correct benefit. Anything from those guys is fucking evil satanic garbage. Just burn it and dont waste your time or risk your soul.

Burn that fuckn book mate...... The golden dawn book is written very cryptically. You need to be trained in order to change the rituals to get the correct benefit. Anything from those guys is fucking evil satanic garbage. Just burn it and dont waste your time or risk your soul.

I agree you can't take anything from the golden dawn at face value, they are the ones who gave the modern world the Tarot and they deliberately mixed the meanings of several cards and kept the real Tarot to themselves.

Those sort of texts are meant to come in two parts (which are never kept together) so if anyone who shouldn't gets hold of one it is meaningless or the real meaning is obscured.

Sometimes they are coded information that is disguised as the instructions to a ritual etc, but the real message is only a select few words here and there chosen in accordance with a particular sequence or algorithm assigned in the other half of the text.

When you know their favourite sequences sometimes the messages are apparent without the key, other times they are more complex.

They are meant to appear evil and satanic to throw you off course.

That being said when outer circle initiates start practising the rituals they are then submissive flock members ie the ritual itself is a form of hypnosis or mind control.

Be wary of the text certainly but to be scared of it is hard to understand.

I can't see how you risk your soul by reading a book if you stay objective and view it as literature, as that's all it is.

Fuck burning it, sell it on ebay it might be worth a few bucks.

Without going into details......I did some rituals from these text and ended up possessed for some 5 years. It took me years to reverse the changes it made to me..... Burn it now. You really are messing with the devil if you choose to read these text.

Without going into details......I did some rituals from these text and ended up possessed for some 5 years. It took me years to reverse the changes it made to me..... Burn it now. You really are messing with the devil if you choose to read these text.

Considering I will soon have the book in my possession (no pun intended) would you elaborate just a bit more... Even a PM if your not up to doing it publicly. For you to say what you just said means to me you have a genuine fear. Should I have that same fear? I am in a very comfortable place spiritually. I wouldn't want to fuck that up but my faith is strong. Can phrases in a book have that much power and control over somebody? I'm sure if somebody truly believed they could then anything is possible but what if you didn't believe in the power of those rituals and text?

Details are very fuzzy in my head and Im at work, but a short explanation goes something like this......

I was heavily into Magik and its effects as a teenager, this lead me to alot of work by Crowley. I did alot of rituals by various mages and got alot of results, I had never practiced any of the golden dawn rituals but there was one I had to try.

Crowley wrote of Thought forms. They were what God is in his eyes. He wrote a ritual on how to create your own thought form, which is essentially based on the idea that every thought you have is believed to exist somewhere.

So I went about creating my own protector spirit based on Crowley's ritual. It was a Dragon (thought to be a form of the devil) and its name was Dracus ( another name of the devil). No where within the ritual were these two things mentioned it just so happens that this was the thought form I created. I could almost always feel its presence. Two of my friends also felt it when they were with me. One friend even got me to pull my car over in the middle of the freeway whilst he cried and was filled with extreme sadness. When i asked him why he was sad he told me something else was in the car with us and he didn't know what it was but it made him feel incredibly sad. When i described to him the thought form I created he felt that was the presence with us. Then we both wept for some 15 mins.

For years I felt this presence, it sometimes told me to do horrible horrible things. I used to think it was me, but since then I have tracked it back to the moment I created the thought form. It was during this moment I invited other entities to inhabit my reality.

Luckily for me I died and was saved by some sort of angel or spirit, I sybolically died in a vision that was so intense I actually believed I had died. When i surrendered to this death I felt that presence being removed and I haven't been bothered by it since.

I would like to explain in more detail and clarity but Im at work, so I'll save that for another thread.

In Short, don't underestimate the power of words and beliefs.......

Edited by Slybacon

Would you say that in the long term it was a beneficial lesson? Would you have known of the very real power of words and beliefs had you not been possessed? Was exorcising this daemon a liberating experience? Do you feel more empowered now that you know? Are you now wiser for it? Have you thought of creating a more benign thoughtform, now that you have the experience of their power?

Isn't that what christ is or what totem spirit animals are? Don't we all engage with thoughtforms all the time? Like the fictitious idea of money, that nonetheless has such -almost- absolute control over our lives? Or even the idea of some satanic/reptilian/alien/(whatever imaginary idea) conspiracy, which seems to prove itself via the very belief in it?

In visionary states, does one imagine, or witness? Is there a difference? Cuz it's absolutely real at the time, I just don't know how 'objective' reality really is.

Interesting story!

very interesting story... don't have much time to comment but lets look at it this way...

first of all I totally believe your story.

you invoked a dragon, a spirit which you knew at the time was a 'devil'....and you got negative results.I have messed around a little with Thelemic rituals. Actually messing around is the wrong word. I read some books and applied myself to some of the excercises and rituals. The stuff does work. But like the US military using LSD as a weapon of war and the hippies using it as a weapon of peace it's all about what forces you wish to align yourself with.

Why not invoke some spirits or archetypes with a better track record than The Devil. Why not invoke Jesus Christ or Buddha as your gaurdian spirits using the same rituals? I call it 'Satanic Rituals for Christian Purposes'. Using magick for good and not evil.

Whenever you use magick for dark purposes you get dark results. I've learnt that lesson too. But I never blamed the books I read or the people who wrote them. I blamed myself for being so stupid as to use these techniques for negative reasons.

In short, this stuff works, it may not work how you want it to but it works. Everyone be careful if they intend on doing stuff and always go towards the light and use your powers for love!

• Like 1

The Dude- I will answer your questions very soon. Thankyou for the post, I actually have some very good things to say about points you have raised.

first of all I totally believe your story.

Thankyou. Not many would, not that I really care if they don't.

you invoked a dragon, a spirit which you knew at the time was a 'devil'....and you got negative results.I have messed around a little with Thelemic rituals.

I never knew at that time about the devil or was I trying to envoke him, I really thought he was just a thoughtform brought about by stories and ritual. Now I have a far deeper meaning of the word that doesn't involve an archetype at all. Actually finding more about modern satanic worship is what lead me to the conclusion that it may have been intentional part of Crowley to open me up to such dark forces. When I learned that Dracus was another name for the devil it further suggested this. I only set out to do good and protect myself on other realms, there was no malice intentions I was only 16 at the time.

Why not invoke some spirits or archetypes with a better track record than The Devil. Why not invoke Jesus Christ or Buddha as your gaurdian spirits using the same rituals? I call it 'Satanic Rituals for Christian Purposes'. Using magick for good and not evil.

I didn't have too, they found me. That's the great part, magic happens on it's own. Life is a ritual.

Edited by Slybacon

I think these books are only evil if you fear evil. Through fear you give power.Pagans were put to death by Christians, that's evil - yet we beleive it is a good religion. Show me where Crowley followers butchered / tortured / drowned etc anyone. Show me where any pagan religion [and I use the term loosely] intentionally hurt or killed anyone. It is the mentally weak that incur problems from religious ritual be it Christian or other, so is God just another devil? Is there a God? Is Crowleys writings / the bible etc powerful and magickal or is it just an effect on persons who need to beleive in something, and so through reading and beleiving change theri own mindset for better or for worse?

Slybacon - this is not aimed at you I am just looking from the other side - so please don't be offended.