The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
chilli

Britney Spears... the Shit?

poison...do you mean Toxic? that was produced by Bloodshy & Avant who produced almost half of the new album, and have done some tracks for kylie minogue's new "international" album (good luck to her hehe) ... another euro hit-production team ;)

your post is only bringing it that much closer to 3 pages ;-)

poison...do you mean Toxic?
--yeah Toxic....i musta been getting Britney & Bel Biv Devoe titles confused :rolleyes:
two pages on Britney?

you guys make me sick

You're just jealous.

i wasn't too impressed w/Andorra.... the musics fine, but i wasn't particularly taken w/the songs.

Coin, I think I've heard of Cornelius... is it a Japanese dude? I have listened to some of Air, and really like some of their stuff. I have been digging up old albums since I got a new amp+speakers and hearing them in a whole new light... I've never actually had a good stereo before, and when I was growing up the nearest thing I had was my dad's little mono panasonic tape recorder, you know the flat ones? That is what I listened to my music on when I was a teenager, LOL. Another funny thing is that when I was around 18, I didn't have anything and wanted to record the late night techno, so I would buy one from Kmart and take it back, then do the same thing... I probably did it a dozen times!

Anyway, I agree Britney sounds like a retard a lot of the time, her voice is pretty average for such a big name, which I guess is why so many people hate her? I suppose that's also why they process the fuck out of it, too... but that's exactly what I love about the album, and albums like that (something almost the same, but better I think is Nelly Furtado's album Loose... Danja did a few of the tracks on that too, I think) is that they are using the person's voice more like an instrument than a typical vocal, which I like in music... of course, it's a hell of a lot better if the lyrics are saturated with ancient meaning, but I can't be deep and glum all the time.

Nabraxas, do you mean you don't like the lyrics? I don't even know what most of them are to be honest with you, I just make noises up that sound like the words... anyone else do that? It's like having a discussion with an idiot, where I am the idiot, and music is a professor. Nah, I can't imagine that's what you meant... what did you mean? Anyway, I'm fairly indifferent towards the last half of the album actually, and it's pretty short so my enjoyment of the album kind of peters out after three songs, but like coin says he does, I don't tend to listen to entire albums much lately, but I think it's due to the fact I used to do it on headphones and I've been avoiding my iPod since getting this new hi-fi.

Hm. Did I mention that I had a new hi-fi?

CT, I'm just getting warmed up... Soon we will start speculating about whether Britney is an Illuminati controlled mind-slave gone awry. I'm aiming for a double figure page count, to which end I'm PM'ing Vert, ThunderIdeal, The Dude and Shiva (by default, because he is The Dude, and I am Warrio-Sage ... hahaha, sry in-joke w/Shiva... Ooh, and let's invite what's-his-face back, big guy with the scooter? All that together should get this thread raped pretty quick. Ah, good times, sorry for those I didn't mention.) as we speak, well impossible really unless I am ambidextrous and multi-tasking, neither of which I am.

Hm, kind of went off track there a bit...

I'm still not sure what to make of manufactured pop music, I mean it is kind of soulless but an amazing phenomenon nonetheless... I don't really see how the stars of such acts can have many actual fans that are older than 15 though, like they are talented in a singy-dancey-slutty kind of way, but usually not the way of being a tortured-soul-starving-artist.

*edit* I wrote a lot! I just told someone the reason I hadn't written to them was due to a general loss of interest in writing anything at all lately, and I barely can b bothered with a sentence fragment, I hope they don't read this.

Edited by chilli

Nabraxas, do you mean you don't like the lyrics?

It's not so much i don't like the lyrics, it's just that these days when i listen to music i prefer it not to have lyrics.

It's not so much i don't like the lyrics, it's just that these days when i listen to music i prefer it not to have lyrics.

Howcome? Are you tripping balls 24/7? :):wink:

i find that i use music in a couple ov ways. the first is as an accompaniment to tasks like working, driving etc. in that case i don't really listen to it, i hear it & hum or sing along, but i don't really concentrate on it enough to really listen to it. in that state it doesn't really matter if the music has a lyric or not.

When i really listen to music i like to concentrate totally on the music, have it totally wash over & through me, very much as if i were tripping. B)

I find that i get the most pleasure out ov prolonged pieces ov music as opposed to songs w/a lyric, but that's just me.

Guest Øskorei
So Oskorei, did the album make it past your sense of musical propriety? :)

LOL, No. And awfully funny to see that this thread is still active !

anyway from memory LOG is more like metalcore / brutal death.

As a broad sweep of the brush when categorising bands maybe (although bands that I've heard/seen that fall under the metalcore genre don't sound anything like LOG to me, and nor are they anywhere near as technical) But what the fuck would I know, I'm not 'into' metal per se, but enjoy lots of stuff with an organic approach and a wicked composition.

also have a penchant for 1950s doo-wop...the Platters, Drifters, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, the Five Satins...and love a bit Motown..four tops, temptations, otis redding, supremes, martha reeves and the vandellas.

Thats cool, the backing band for many of the Motown label's greatest acts was a group called "The Funk Brothers" who were quite groundbreaking in their abilities as musicians, but sadly weren't under the spotlight. I think the Supremes song "Reflections" was done by them, and utilised soome pretty far-out technology for the time (listen to it, you'll know what I mean). Heard that there was a great doco that came out a couple years back about the birth of Motown, if anyone can post the movie's title, I would be most grateful, so I can check it out.....

Edited by Øskorei

nobody has even commented on her morphing boobs yet.

it's as though... this thread is all about the... music.

nobody has even commented on her morphing boobs yet.

it's as though... this thread is all about the... music.

No my friend.....it's the lyrics. ......All about the lyrics!

Guest Øskorei

I thought this thread was all about the milky sweet thighs.

I just want to thank you all for a great laugh before work. You do realize some of you are showing your age? :P I'm personally stuck in the 80's as far as music is concerned, so I can't really comment on the who Britney lyrics thing, but I could ask my daughter. Although I think she may have out grown Britney now that she is a womping 13 hehe <sigh>

Guest Øskorei
I just want to thank you all for a great laugh before work. You do realize some of you are showing your age?

My Wiggles album is a dead giveaway as to my age.

Actually, if you're stuck on 80's music you're probably a bit older than me...

I just have anachronistic and apparently quite lowbrow taste in music and thighs.

Well if you didn't grow up in the 80's, then yes I probably am. :) Although my kids actually like the 80's classic rock too.

We could start a thread on ICP and Psycopathic Records, that might bring some fun. Ice Ice Baby........

Guest Øskorei

I fucking hated most 80's music, even in the 80's, with perhaps the exception of Iron Maiden and some underground stuff which there's little point mentioning here. Im glad the music was so fucking lame when I was a young teenager, for it forced me to jump in the time machine for aural stimulation of late 60's & early 70's rock like Tull, Crosby Stills & Nash, Hendrix, Sabbath, Cream, The Beatles, Purple, Zeppelin, Airplane, and lost more. In fact, it wasn't until the early 90's that i started buying contemporary music again. Sadly for my wallet, I still haven't stopped buying either vintage stuff or new stuff :)

One could look at my collection and make the assumption that I was either 55 or 18 years old !

Anyway, what was the subject ? oh yea, Britney. Is she still alive, last I saw her photo she looked like a junked-out hillbilly. Micky Mouse would be most displeased.

...late 60's & early 70's rock like Tull, Crosby Stills & Nash, Hendrix, Sabbath, Cream, The Beatles, Purple, Zeppelin, Airplane, and lost more... one could look at my collection and make the assumption that I was either 55 or 18 years old !

Actually, going off that list it would be much more likely to be 55... I don't know many 18 year olds who listen to Crosby, Stills & Nash... or Young, for that matter.

:)

I told you, Britney is a subject and tool of Illuminati mind control... it's simple.

he was saying he owns lots of old music AND lots of new music, but not in between.

sometimes parents bridge the music gen gap...my mum was into jethro tull, CSN&Y, Hendrix, Beatles, Zeppelin, Dylan, Joni Mitchell, etc. so I was listening to all that stuff in my teens, but i appreciate it more now (except the graham nash tracks ;) )

he was saying he owns lots of old music AND lots of new music, but not in between.

Yeah I know, but I still reckon 55 would be more likely, because it's pretty common for old codgers to wish they were 18 and try and be hip, there's not that many 18 year olds going around trying to act like their dads.

I have to admit, getting old does suck.

Edited by Sublime Crime

Edited by coin