The Corroboree
kindness

loph seeds... who wants in on a bulk buy?

Can't afford to buy 100 seeds on my own but if 10 of us chuck in we can each get 100 seeds each for $15... this would include the postage. Anybody keen? I think I can just about finance it and whoever is interested would pay me and then I'd send on?

peace

I'm keen so put me in.

What Loph are you looking at getting?

one of the following..

straight williamsii or

var Huizache or

var Las Coloradas or

var Mex 54 or

var Parras or

var weisse Bluete

yep I know, thats a bit of a list... at the moment I am thinking var Huizache cause I remember them being recommended in the past. I think that the variety is open until five people have replied/pm'd - so let me know what your preferences are!! after that it's locked in eddie!

I think it would be a good idea if anyone that is interested could post a yep on this thread and then also pm me.

peace

Can't afford to buy 100 seeds on my own but if 10 of us chuck in we can each get 100 seeds each for $15... this would include the postage. Anybody keen? I think I can just about finance it and whoever is interested would pay me and then I'd send on?

peace

Where are you buying the seeds from?

earth alchemy... unless you know of a better seed supplier. It seems that buying in bulk the prices become somewhat reasonable hey!

peace

Edited by meanies

earth alchemy... unless you know of a better seed supplier. It seems that buying in bulk the prices become somewhat reasonable hey!

peace

I'll be in as along as its done through a member who has more than 25 posts (no offence).

Yeah, sure none taken... this should put me at 26 :P

If anyone else is keen to take up the mantle I'm happy to pay them the $15... would you been keen dude?

peace

peace

Edit: It's a bit weird that they cost $28 for 50, and then just $135 for 1000, that's a MASSIVE discount, from 56c per seed to 13c per seed. I don't know how they can sustain that?

Oh cool, i didn't know about them. They're $15 for 50 from Vlado at Cactus-seeds.com, but he's a little more on the straight and narrow so not sure if he'd want to sell bulk Lophs just on their own. He's good for small amounts as long as you don't come across as a Mescaline lab in waiting. He has a good range though:

diffusa

" f. yellow flower

" f. Repp 1153

" f. Vizaron

" v. koehresii

" " f. Rio Verde

williamsii

" f. albiflora

" f. greyish body

" f. purplish body

" f. Cedral

" f. Hipolito

" f. Huizache

" f. La Soledad

" f. Mazapil

" f. San Antonio

" v. caespitosa

" v. decipiens

" " f. Viesca

" v. fricii

" " f. El Amparo

" " f. San Pedro

" " f. albiflora

" " f. albiflora, RS 404

" " f. pink flowers, MK27.82

" " f. purple flowers

" v. grymii, RS 268 Huizache

" v. jourdaniana

" v. lutea, f. 1143/91

" " f. 1186/91

" v. monocephala (single head)

" v. pentagona, f. 531/76

" v. pluricostata

" " f. 628/76

" v. texana

" v. zeigleri

Lophophora mixture

Count me in though whatever deal you get.

Edited by Undergrounder

Sweet...thats four of us so far, not sure what you want to do there mark80? Assuming you are in either way.

Does anyone have a preference for seeds? Out of the aforementioned lot?

peace

excuse the double post..

Yep I have seen that seed list before, (cactus.com) they look awesome! But as you said I doubt they would want to sell 1000 seeds to us!

Yeah, it is a bit weird, maybe they figure that not many are going to want a 1000 or maybe they're thinking, "who's going to count and see if there are 1000 of these tiny seeds?" I dunno... guess it's my risk though.

Edited by meanies

I've ordered from Vlado before. Nice guy, great range and excellent prices. In my experience his germination rates are fairly poor though. Last lot of seeds I bought off him were L. Wil, L. wil var caespitosa, L diffusa. I got 2 sprout from 20 with the caespitosa, 9 from 50 with the willi's and 16 from 50 with the diffusa but only 3 were healthy the rest deformed and stunted. His Tricho seeds are better though.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that he usually only has from 5 to 10% of his Loph list actually available at any one time. Also Earth Alchemy mat take a lil bit of time to fill an order for that amount of seeds.

Edited by Harry

I've ordered from Vlado before. Nice guy, great range and excellent prices. In my experience his germination rates are fairly poor though. Last lot of seeds I bought off him were L. Wil, L. wil var caespitosa, L diffusa. I got 2 sprout from 20 with the caespitosa, 9 from 50 with the willi's and 16 from 50 with the diffusa but only 3 were healthy the rest deformed and stunted. His Tricho seeds are better though.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that he usually only has from 5 to 10% of his Loph list actually available at any one time. Also Earth Alchemy mat take a lil bit of time to fill an order for that amount of seeds.

Funny you should mention that, i'm also having trouble germing his seeds at the moment. 5/25 from Loph wil so far. At least now i know it's not me. Also from a range of various ornamental cacti im getting even lower germ rates as well. It's early days though, ill keep trying for a while yet.

Okay, I'm going to go ahead and order the huizache's can all those who are definitely in on the $15 for 100 seeds idea please pm me. As far as I can tell we are still looking for 6 more takers.

Cheers

Just a word of caution.

I did one of these bulk buy deals and made an order with earthalchemy. We ordered the seeds at about mid August 2007. I got the seeds today.

for orders of 1000 and more you will have to wait a few weeks - although I think they have just got an order in.

They delivered the product but you might want to check how long its going to take and maybe pick what they have in stock.

to everyone who was in my bulk buy... they will be in the mail tomorrow ..

Yay.

I bought some Loph seeds from Vlado last year and averaged about 70% germ rate. which later I stuffed by letting them dry out... Not sure how they are now. anyway.. I think Vlado is pretty expensive. :) is there a better option?

I bought some Loph seeds from Vlado last year and averaged about 70% germ rate. which later I stuffed by letting them dry out... Not sure how they are now. anyway.. I think Vlado is pretty expensive. :) is there a better option?

He's cheaper per seed than anything i've seen up until bulk. But he's nice. And when you write a cheque it feels like you're financing a Russian KGB agent. "Dear Vlado Viglasky. Please find enclosed cheque for agreed goods. Will contact again on pickup. Thankyou."

I can make an incredible offer,i just plucked 40 or so seeds off a cactus that was repotted,i also remembered a glass pill jar that had whole pods of Epithelantha.

The Epithelantha pods though dehydrated are still red the Lophophora pods which i was suprised to find with them are not red.

Epithelantha and Lophophora seed are quite different and the ones in the jar are quite elderly now but have been stored cool and airtight.

I am at present depoding both and so if you want some free seeds from England let me know,i will pay postage.

All that i ask is that your progress is documented here.

You will get a mix of Lophophora and Epithelantha,over a hundred Lopohophora and i dont know how many Epithelantha.

I can say that the Lophophora are from a mixture of individual cactuses,no Diffusa or other types that do not self pollinate as they never seem to bear fruit.

The Epithelantha are a form that i have never seen online,globose bodies with medium length spines and really inconspuicuous possibly light rose coloured flowers that never make it above the crowns spination.

These are followed by many persistent red fruits.

Edited by Garbage

only one problem... your location. Not many here would be able to receive your gift. Evil genius may be able to... but I don't know anything about euro customs.

Edited by XipeTotec

It is fine,Britannia rules the waves.

Edited by Garbage

The seeds I got off you last time were wicked shruman. Were they from earth alchemy? I've also committed to the 1000 seeds and only have two definite takers thus far.. anyone else in?

Yah mate, they should be even better this time as they are fresher.

Good luck, I'm sure u will find some takers ;)

i havent read this all but i think i am in, times two or three.

Cool, Pm me

I will organise it if needed.

all those interetsed please post here with how many youw nat.