The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Thelema

Salvia Research Update

Hi all!

I have now confirmed the psychoactivity of salvia buchananii, it has a very strong splendens-like effect, most pleasant.....

Have also confirmed that the Native salvia reflexa is psychotropic too. This is the only salvia apart from divinorum I have come across that elicits visuals.

I am taking orders now for Reflexin. I anticipate that 100mg will be about $25.

Please contact me PM if you would like to be part of this Reflexin research chemical experience.

"Reflexin" is not a chemical, it will be a derived crystal from cold acetone extract. Because this substance is unidentified and new, I take no responsibility for the way people use it once it is in their hands. It is supplied for chemo/visual purposes only.

how many mg would be a dose?

psycho0:

how many mg would be a dose?

Hy there !! I've just came across U message and I look forward to participate in U reaserch program with salvia buchanari and salvia reflexa

please post U reply or contact me directly

regards

Savenmaples

I have not yet tried this extract, will determine a threshold dose for it, mainly to see if it works b4 selling it to people.

I am a bit busy at the moment, but once this prelim. stage has gone thru, I will contact all those interested. Its good to see people interested...gives me the go-ahead.

Hy all !!

thanks Thelema for U reply, I look forward to hear from U, when U are ready I'am !!

regards

sevenmaples

I am interested in the splendens type salvias,could you send me a buchananii by any chance? Is it much stronger than splendens?

I cant remember where I read this( I assumed it was here or on Eccle's board but it seems not), but i believe splendens contains a compound that is a partial agonist at the benzo receptor. This is very interesting, as it could easily be an extremely good sedative, particularly for people addicted to alcohol or benzos. Partial agonists have a "ceiling" above which increasing the dose does nothing, so considering the safety of full agonist benzos, this stuff should be impossible to overdose on. If taken in large doses it would also stop benzos from working. The partial opiate agonist buprenorphine is apparently very useful in opiate maintenence and reducing/qutting.

Does anyone know where I read about this substance, or have any more info?

Someone from here gave me this Adobe .pl file once:

Terpenoids from Salvia glutinosa, Phytochem. 45, 6, 1997, 1293-1294

Maybe it is handy for some of you Salviaphiles.

[ 15. April 2003, 12:58: Message edited by: Ed Dunkel ]

In this document I read Tribulus terrestris posseses toxic level of nitrate!!!

I recall that Tribulus terrestris is one of the best and highly esteemed medicinal plant in ayurvedic phytotherapy.

This document is obviously a duster.

-> PERIWINKLE (Vinca spp.); entire plant; plant contains hallucinogens

An other ineptitude of this resolutely bad document (this example is once again very inaccurate and vague: what species is it, Vinca minor or major, no one of this two species possess hallucinogenic active priciples !!! ).

Vinca minor is a very famous medicinal plant which is the source of the indole alkaloid vincamine , very beneficial to brain working.

Could have been talkin' about Vinca rosea, a poisonous hallucinogen only useful for the anti-cancer drugs it contains.

An internet research led me to the following interesting text:

Madagascar periwinkle's traditional use (Vinca rosea) as a treatment for diabetes has led to extensive investigation into its properties. Vincristine and vinblastine are powerful anticancer agents, and are two of the most important medicinal compounds found in plants in the last 40 years. Vincristine is a standard treatment for Hodgkin's disease, and vinblastine for childhood leukemia. Although extracts from Madagascar periwinkle have been shown to lower blood sugar levels, simple preparations of the whole plant may not be effective.

Madagascar periwinkle (Vinca rosea) contains over 70 different indole alkaloids, including vinblastine, vincristine, alstonine, ajmalicine, leurocristine, and reserpine.

Lesser periwinkle (Vinca minor) was called "sorcerers violet" by the French, in reference to its use in charms and love potions. Europeans also believed that periwinkle had the power to exorcise evil spirits.

A few answers for the problem of nitrate accumulation in plants. It's true that Salvia reflexa in polluted environment could hoard excessive, then harmful levels of nitrate.

(1) Facilitate uptake of nitrate by plant

Use of high nitrogenous fertilisers

Stockyards

Low soil S and Mo, and,

(2) reduce the ability of plant reductases to reduce nitrate to ammonia

Drought, dry periods where sufficient moisture at night for nitrate uptake

During day wilting reduces reductase activity

Eventually nitrate accumulates

Cloudiness,

certain herbicides also reduce plant reductases

Just a warning to stay away from the Madagascar Periwinkle( and probably it's relatives too), unless you have leukemia or other serious medical condition that requires it. It causes hair loss, muscle wasting, and some other nasty things I cant remember right now. Meant to be rather pleasant though!

Lugdun - all three species (including the one that isn't a vinca, but actually catharanthus) contain indole alkaloids in sufficient quantities to make them psychoactive. extracts are quite potent in this regard, but even the plain material is interesting enough. As mentioned, they have rather serious sideeffect, but luckily they are not expected acutely, but rather from chronic use. This makes them an interesting one-off experience and possibly also uyseful in occasional herbal remedies.

As for nitrates in salvia spp, these are very common in certain groups and have little to do with environmental conditions. In fact I believe that at least some of the very mildly psychoactive salvias are so due to toxic nitrate effect.

Here's the S. glutinosa thread:

S. glutinosa thread

Ed it was actually you that send it to me

Cheers,

Ashoka

The nitrates should not carry into the smoke or vapour, should they? If so an extraction method should be able to exclude them.

Any info on the alkaloids of Vinca difformis? Common in the Mediterranean but I can't find an analysis. Any reason to believe V. minor contains any (bisindole?) alkaloids with white cell supressing effects?