The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
bit

Crests crests crests! (and others)

For your viewing pleasure. I'm starting to feel a bit guilty about all my trich crests :blush:

(1) All my crests lined up :)

_MG_9167.jpg

(2)

T.peru/pach crest 1

_MG_9168.jpg

(3)

Lethal opuntia crest (fibreglass spines.. do not brush against it!)

_MG_9171.jpg

(4)

Cereus (jamacaru?) (fairycastle?)

_MG_9173.jpg

(5)

T.peru/pach crest 2

_MG_9172.jpg

(6)

T.peru/pach crest 3

_MG_9191.jpg

(7)

Cereus (jamacaru?) in garden

_MG_9186.jpg

(8)

Unknown

_MG_9174.jpg

(9)

Monvillea (?) 1

_MG_9175.jpg

(10)

Monvillea (?) 2

_MG_9176.jpg

(11)

Notocactus

_MG_9177.jpg

(12)

Proof of the cactus will to live. This is a wedge of a long spine pachanoi refusing to die, pupping. In an 8 cm pot.

_MG_9183.jpg

(13)

Trich. (forgottnen)

_MG_9188.jpg

(14)

The outside herd

_MG_9189.jpg

(15)

Hairy unknown opuntia?

_MG_9193.jpg

(16)

Beautiful Trich hybrid of some sort (seed grown by faslimy)

_MG_9194.jpg

(17)

The greenhouse herd

_MG_9196.jpg

(18)

Pachanoi, can you count 6 pups?

_MG_9198.jpg

(19)

The in-garden herd

_MG_9200.jpg

:drool2:

That really is something.

I'm awestruck with your amazing collection.

wow...

Very nice collection there! I'm sure those big potted-up beauties are just dyin to get in the ground - set em free!

I could only count 5 pups... :huh: and that cactus looks real similar to this

Very nice collection there! I'm sure those big potted-up beauties are just dyin to get in the ground - set em free!

I could only count 5 pups... :huh: and that cactus looks real similar to this

Thanks fellas :)

I would put em in the ground if I had my own patch!! Can't wait for that day :D

6 pups, but you can't see the newest very well in that pic, it's close to the ground, only just busted out on the right.

i will do ANYTHING for a crestate pachanoi. i have monstrose grandiflora plus some cash and sexual favors if u wanna swapskie a cut?? hmm?

shit, those are some damn nice cacti!!!! can you find pach crests in the nurseries there? the ones here have piss all....

sweet stuff!!

Thanks all :)

Jono, i will only trade internationally if we can guarantee delivery at both ends... do you know much about shipping plants between NZ and Aus? These crests are a little small to take cuttings from?

kadakuda, who would have believed it...? "The Castke Rock Cactus Co" in Christchurch, NZ.. I've found 2 in the last month at different retailers :)

Edited by bit

Believe me there is some serious envy over here about trich crests... It's getting to the point that I am willing to risk Jono getting busted by customs/quarantine just so that the rest of us can enjoy a piece each :P

Nah seriously, I think with CITES permits and a clean cutting, it should be doable (somebody please tell me it's possible!). That way it will be legit and no harm done to anyone. Might cost a few $ up front for permits and postage, but with the demand for them over here they could be very rapidly cloned (and grafted) then sold off for a ridiculous amount to foolish cactus-freaks such as myself :P I believe Kadakuda was able to source a few a little while back in Asia somewhere (sorry mate, forgot where you are located atm). Off to do a little investigating...

Thanks all :)

Jono, i will only trade internationally if we can guarantee delivery at both ends... do you know much about shipping plants between NZ and Aus? These crests are a little small to take cuttings from?

kadakuda, who would have believed it...? "The Castke Rock Cactus Co" in Christchurch, NZ.. I've found 2 in the last month at different retailers :)

Oh noes! My secret is out! :unsure:

They have only just started making these available to the general public this Summer.

A lot cheaper to buy directly from the nursery, but take cash they don't have EFTPOS.

They're not too small to take cuts from either... the ones those were grown from were about a fifth of the size of some of yours bit.

are you saying they are hard to get in AUS? thats where your from right? i have tried shipping cacti there, SUPER clean!!!!!!, and they got snatched every time.....seeds, pollen, cuts, plants all have been destroyed....so i don't even try it anymore. with Australia, are the only things you need CITES and phytosanitary? or is there some other fancy Australian paperwork to do as well?

there seems to be a lot in the americas and europe....i have only seen 2 here in Taiwan, but was foolish and didn't get them cause they were a little expensive.

Believe me there is some serious envy over here about trich crests... It's getting to the point that I am willing to risk Jono getting busted by customs/quarantine just so that the rest of us can enjoy a piece each :P

Nah seriously, I think with CITES permits and a clean cutting, it should be doable (somebody please tell me it's possible!). That way it will be legit and no harm done to anyone. Might cost a few $ up front for permits and postage, but with the demand for them over here they could be very rapidly cloned (and grafted) then sold off for a ridiculous amount to foolish cactus-freaks such as myself :P I believe Kadakuda was able to source a few a little while back in Asia somewhere (sorry mate, forgot where you are located atm). Off to do a little investigating...

There's a discussion a while back about what is required to export cacti (in that instance it was TJG) from NZ to Aus, and the upshot of it all is it costs hundreds of dollars, takes months and there is no guarantee they will clear it (no matter how clean it is) and no guarantee it will survive in their care... i think it was measured in cubic meters, so it is worth doing it with a whole lot at once if you are going to do it.

I have heard of people wrapping dehydrated cuttings in stiff clothing such as a denim skirt and sending them in the post... can't imagine anyone daring, foolhardy but ultimately cool enough to try that though.

*edit* Alternatively, you could all move to NZ and keep me company.

Edited by IllegalBrain

Oh noes! My secret is out! :unsure:

They have only just started making these available to the general public this Summer.

A lot cheaper to buy directly from the nursery, but take cash they don't have EFTPOS.

They're not too small to take cuts from either... the ones those were grown from were about a fifth of the size of some of yours bit.

oops, sorry IB :blush: next time there's a cheap airfare to chch I'll grab it and go visit their nursery. They could use a website! If I was living close by I'd probably clean them out of crests hehe

oops, sorry IB :blush: next time there's a cheap airfare to chch I'll grab it and go visit their nursery. They could use a website! If I was living close by I'd probably clean them out of crests hehe

Well, yeah if you can get them past the owner! If you do drop in, ask whoever's working if it would be alright to have a look in the owner's private greenhouse, some very nice specimens there... apparently he has been growing most of them since he was a boy, when he saved to buy cacti from the old guy up the street... my camera's busted, otherwise I would have shots :(

Oh, and if you're in chch pm me and we'll have a chat and examine some plants if you like... especially if the rest of SAB doesn't end up making it.