The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
popealien

brug

someone smoked two cones of leaf the other day, and NOTHING!

from what i have heard, there is supposed to be some effects of some kind?

try more

btw what is the stability of the actives in brugs/daturas?

when are they most potent?

is there any data available on the strenghts of different strains?

Lo all :)

Ive just recently dreamed of trying this out.

2 cones mightnt be enough, but increase with care. In my dream I found the effects werent all that spectacular when a little was smoked. But is was quite good as spin.

And when people say this stuff creeps up on you they arent kidding - I just recently came back to reality after spending a week or so dreaming about brug (dreaming is kinda the right word - the entire week seems like a dream) I woke up in the morning and had lost close range vision.

The night before I dreamed I injested what turned out to be slightly too much.

Severe relaxation - none of the intense hallucinations Ive read about, but it was a bit trippy none the less.

In my dream I remember coming to, and finding my throat restricted, and having to force myself to draw breath - it was a bit of an effort to keep it up , but I was back to normal in a short time.

But that was kinda scary (or at least it is a bit scary now that I think about it) but that aside all was good.

So - anyone with more experience than me care to tell me just how close I came to doing myself some serious damage?

Anyway - you should get some effects from smoking - just relax and let it happen - and if it dosent, smoke a little more.

later all

FS

Originally posted by FragmentedSanity:

And when people say this stuff creeps up on you they arent kidding

Yes, this is one of my main concerns about brug/datura. People are looking for the fast hit and keep smoking/drinking it until they've had way too much. Especially if you're sitting around you can get quite intoxicated wihtout realising it. Go for a walk before taking the next dose and see if your legs & head agree.

Severe relaxation - none of the intense hallucinations Ive read about, but it was a bit trippy none the less.

Severe hallucinations don't start until you get into higher doses. The sideeffects make these both unpleasant and dangerous. If you stay in the relatively safe dosage range then you will not get hallucinations from brug alone. It does however dramatically increase the visual component of other things, such as shrooms.

In my dream I remember coming to, and finding my throat restricted, and having to force myself to draw breath - it was a bit of an effort to keep it up

Actually, your throat doesn't really constrict much at all. It is merely a sensation thereof. Very convincing though, as virtually anything feels abrasive to the part that feels constricted. Even airflow gives a sensation of not getting through because of the abrasive effect it has. Fact is that that particular bit of the mucous membrane get completely dehydrated by the tropanes, which gives rise to the sensation.

but I was back to normal in a short time.

But that was kinda scary (or at least it is a bit scary now that I think about it)

The throat effect may be the most prominent and worrysome part of an effective low dose, but it is probably also the least dangerous aspect of tropane ingestion. The good news is that even if you take larger doses, the throat doesn't get any worse .... just longer. A nice 'complimentary brug dose for shrooms' will cause the throat effect for about 6-10 hours. I found the best way of dealing with it is NOT to drink water (water is harsh on the membranes) and to take a nurofen or panadol to alleviate the sensation/pain.

So - anyone with more experience than me care to tell me just how close I came to doing myself some serious damage?

Depends on what you call damage. I found the throat issues one of the most memorable aspects of my brug phase. Their intensity and unavoidability are imprinted on my brain like no other drug sideeffect. They are the main reason why I dissuade most people from Brugs, as the physical discomfort can easily change the mindset of the trip, especially when taken in combination with shrooms. The vision thing varies from person to person and i know people who can take huge amounts without vision problems. For most the vision problems do not occur with doses that JUST produce visuals. It is rare for vision problems to occur at doses that did not produce visuals.

Anyway - you should get some effects from smoking - just relax and let it happen - and if it dosent, smoke a little more.

The traditional Indian way of smoking datura is with cannabis (original bidhis). This reduces sideeffects and produces some amazing effects. However, be warned, things get get a bit 'too amazing'. A few years ago some cannabis traders sprayed their crap pot with datura extract and lots of kiddies ended up fried from this superpot (the tropane connection wasn't revealed until weeks later by which time the papers had lost interest).

The other (more dangerous) method of consumption is in southamerican brews, which were ALWAYS prepared by knowlegable shaman. These brews are longer acting and the tropanes usually fill a role of synergy or to make the experience more complex.

Smoking is by far safer, but it also increases the acetylcholinegic effects on the throat (dryness).

Great to see more people experimenting with this stuff. It's not for the silly, stupid or faint hearted. And even for the heros out there it may just teach a lesson. But it certainly should not be as demonised as it is.... especially not by this community.

Lo there Torsten :)

Thanks for the insights.

Im glad to hear the throat wasnt serious. It didnt phase me overly at the time as Ive had a couple of things do that to me - but when I woke up and couldnt see properly I started reccolecting and got a little paranoid.

One other thing I found was that it was good for pain. I know it prolly isnt the safet thing to use as a pain killer, but it worked.

I was trying to stick to smallish doses - but as said - I had this dream all week - and was increasing the dosage as the week went on (had about 30gm of leaf - have about a fifth left)

I started just smoking it -by itself to test it out - then with MJ (and your right - is quite nice... even if the metallic taste in the mouth is a bit odd)

But I found I didnt get much effect smoking it straight - and ran out of bud.

Then I decided to try a small infusion - and found it quite nice (thats when I found it was good for pain)

The infusion that resulted in the constriction of the throat and vision problems was only a little bigger(4 heaped teaspoons instead of 3), but there was proportionally less stem, and I believe it was powdered more (measured by volume)

Thankfully Im not too reckless or that lapse in judgement could have been worse... I gotta get me a set of scales one of these days. At the very least I should have ground it all up in an effort to standardise it.

Oh - I also found that it worked quite nicely in conjuction with codeine (only opiate I had on hand)

Overall - the effects are hard to describe - as said I didnt get open eyed visuals... well I didnt get very intense ones... but there was some definate wierdness. But the entire week, minus a few breif spells of "reality" was like a really vivid dream... and I often had trouble remembering what was real and what had been dream.

I would like to explore this one futher - and try some other combinations. But I will have to wait till I find myself someone who can act as a sitter. Im not going to be increasing my dose anymore without some backup. I spose there are some drawbacks to being solitary.

Thanks again

FS

hmmmm, weird, two cones and little effects...

I usually only have to burn one cone to become wel aware of the effects....

I usually burn it mixed with some tabbaco.

----------------------------------

Nice background T. Relaxes my eyes... a welcome color change. And yeah the doves....

So what effects should be expected if i add a very small amount to shiva? Does is increase the effects/duration of shiva, or does the tropane overpower? Would this be the best way to try it for the first time?

Cheers

[ 20. March 2003, 09:06: Message edited by: Jack ]

three points

1 these alkoloids have been and still are used medically,apparently sometimes on a daily basis.

at low level they seem quite safe.

2 individual doses can vary significantly,i think you need to experiment to find your personal dose.

this does not seem to vary much with day to day variations in body chemistry.

3 i can only describe a first time shiva/brug combo as seductivly entheogenic.unfortunately dosage must be increased by 50 to 100% to repeat.

aparrently while tolerance develops for scopolamine etc it does not increase for other tropanes which may cause death[by heart probs?].

t s t .

datura/brug has a cumulative effect as well meaning that if you smoke some one day then smoke some the next you will not need as much on the second day.

ATROBEL FORTE tablets can be bought over the pharm counter. Each tablet contains 45mg of powdered atropa belladonna.Each tablet contains approximately 116mmg of hycosamine

24(?)mmg of atropine

and some hycoswhatever that other substance is

Thelema:

ATROBEL FORTE tablets can be bought over the pharm counter. Each tablet contains 45mg of powdered atropa belladonna.Each tablet contains approximately 116mmg of hycosamine

24(?)mmg of atropine

and some hycoswhatever that other substance is

so would that be advisable instead of just datura/ brug other than the factt dosage can be controlled better?