The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
lurker

a Q. regarding syrian rue extract.

I have a bottle of syrian rue extract that has been sitting in a dark place for about a year now.

Labelled 'contains less than 0.1% alkaloids' (sab supplied)

There was a post on these boards many moons ago where someone asked as to the viability? of this extract after an extended period.

There was some mention of harmine and harmaline changing places, but my foggy brain can't recall the exact gist of what was said or the recomendation in relation to its usage considering its age.

Could someone please enlighten me.

Many thanks in advance.

I think there is only one way to find out wink.gif

i made that post...but it didn't survive..

(hmm looking through the archives the other day, i found some early posts i made with another alias..march 2000..had a profile preceding that also..wow, didn't realise i'd been loitering round here so long..when was the site launched torsten?)

i couldn't be bothered reading this right now - shulgin addresses the postulated molecular changes blah in tihkal http://www.drugsinfo.net/tihkal/tihkal13.html

in this regard, i don't think any conclusion is reached...

to be brief, the extract worked well, and as expected..proceed with caution, as always

[This message has been edited by coin (edited 12 March 2002).]

how can an extract contain less than 0.1% alkaloids??? the seeds themselves contain 3-4%!

torsten explained previously,rue ext could legally be sold only if it contains less than 0.1% alkoloids.so you make your ext.with a lot more liquid in,or just dilute it as required afterwards.

coin how many doses per bottle,i assumed only 1 or 2 ?

t s t .

hi,lurker good to see you here!

do you make much of a living as a soothsayer?any openings?

t s t.

Originally posted by coin:

when was the site launched torsten?

The SAB site was launched in July 1999. The forums were added in March 2000, which makes them 2 years old now.

t st, yes 1-2 i think..

I was under the impression that rue alkaloids are perfectly legal?

Some sites even sell Harmine.HCl (overseas sites). What is the legal prob with extracts?

In australia harmine and harmaline are scheduled nationally under S9 of the Therapeutics Goods Act. They are definitely illegal.

After a few years they realised that they had even made passionflower tea illegal and inserted a clause stating that anything with a concentration of less than 0.1% harmala alkaloids was legal. It's an awkward loophole, but still, better than none at all.