The Corroboree
foolsbreath

Chocamine (Theobroma extract)

A google on octopamine gave this:

"In some countries octopamine is gaining increased commercial interest as an ingredient in benzylpiperazine free 'party pills' [9] due to the fact that in countries such as New Zealand where it is currently legal, BZP faces a probable ban before the end of 2007. It should be noted however that the structure of octopamine falls within the definition of an "amphetamine analogue" in Class C7 of the New Zealand Misuse of Drugs Act, and so would probably be considered an illegal drug if it were tested in court, although no prosecutions involving this compound have been carried out so far."

Oh yeah: Octopamine was originally isolated from octopi. It's their equivalent of adrenaline, giving them the energy for quick getaways.

"Tyramine is an amine which causes elevated blood pressure and tachycardia by displacing norepinephrine from storage vesicles. Tyramine is generally produced by decarboxylation of the amino acid tyrosine during fermentation of food products. All protein-rich foods which have been matured will contain more tyramine depending on the temperature and how long they have been stored. Properly refrigerated foods will not be affected.

The amount required to cause a 30mmHg increase in diastolic blood pressure is referred to as TYR30, and generally averages around 500mg in an unmedicated, healthy individual. A class of antidepressants called MAOIs (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) can increase the sensitivity to tyramine if taken orally. If sufficient quantities of tyramine are ingested, hypertensive crises may occur, potentially causing stroke or cardiac arrythmia. There is significant evidence that tyramine may trigger migraines in sensitive individuals."

b-phenethylamine is the b in 2-cb. It is a component of many cactus alkaloids.

N-methyltyramine is chemicaly almost identical to synephrine.

All these are ephedra substitutes/analogues.

Edited by friendly

Hey Torsten!

Any plans to restock this product - given chocloate is my only real vice these days was curious to try and was going to order some but alas you no longer have it in the shop?!?!?!?

yes, it will be back. we're just updating the nursery and then the shop is next.

friendly,the b in 2cb is for bromine.think the 2c is for the 2 carbon chain,that what you mean?

t s t .

Hey Torsten!

Any plans to restock this product - given chocloate is my only real vice these days was curious to try and was going to order some but alas you no longer have it in the shop?!?!?!?

Thaks Torsten!!!!! Cant wait :wub: love anything chocolate - I;d almost contemplate marrying Max Brenner but he aint no Aussiebum model

removed post

Edited by FNF72

A google on octopamine gave this:

"In some countries octopamine is gaining increased commercial interest as an ingredient in benzylpiperazine free 'party pills' [9] due to the fact that in countries such as New Zealand where it is currently legal, BZP faces a probable ban before the end of 2007. It should be noted however that the structure of octopamine falls within the definition of an "amphetamine analogue" in Class C7 of the New Zealand Misuse of Drugs Act, and so would probably be considered an illegal drug if it were tested in court, although no prosecutions involving this compound have been carried out so far."

Some sources claim Chocamine is illegal in AUS, I guess it contains a cocktail of analogues, but if its illegal surely cocoa is too? Can analogue laws be stretched to cover natural substances?

If so oranges, chocolate and cheese are clearly illegal.

On a totally different note, does anyone know if theobromine or any of the other actives could be absorbed through the skin? I was thinking of making some sort of chocamine based massage oil or body butter. If if is absorbed through the skin, then topical application could be interesting :wink:

Edit: Spelling.

Edited by Yeti101

yesterday i dosed 2500mg of chocamine in the morning. 2 pieces of toast & a cup of tea were ingested roughly an hour before the chocamine. 1 1/2 - 2 hours after chocamine ingestion i felt marked stimulation, a slight edginess which fairly quickly changed to clarity of mind & thought & a bright happy feeling. over the next hour or so, mild euphoria was experienced in waves as the clarity of mind & stimulation continued at which point MJ was brought into the equation which made the chocamine effects hard to distinguish.

no sex was had so i can't comment there. about 15 minutes ago 3000mg was ingested again... will report back again soon

well i just went for a long ride & was excercising vigorously so the subtle effects aren't really apparent... but i'm still buzzing quite nicely & have had a lot of energy throughout the afternoon.

What is the betacarboline, salsoline and salsolinol content of it?

Chocolate has these and they have all have been considered to play a role in the pharmacology of chocolate.

I believe that excess chocolate consumption leads to parkisonism. The Aztec codex mentions that they observed that excess chocolate causes an irreversible disease.

I eat a great deal of chocolate, often 2+ lbs a month.

Stone, I grow goji berries, just plant seeds from the berries. Don't eat too many (lbs in a sitting), they can have belladonna alkaloids. If you buy berries you have a source of seed.

I have eaten an entire pound of Goji berry at one time and I was fine.

I believe that excess chocolate consumption leads to parkisonism. The Aztec codex mentions that they observed that excess chocolate causes an irreversible disease.

That is so strange... why would you think that?

Wat kind of 'chocolate' are we all talking about here, i hope u dont mean shit like Cadbury dairy milk chocolate.. bleh! :puke:

c'mon people, where are them cocoa solids at!?

The Azteks noted a disease could be caused by excessive consumption of the beans. They used a few species of it.

I think moderation is wise, in all things.

Goji is considered safe, but the plant has been reported to kill horses before, despite the fact the leaves are considered safe to eat. Alkaloids have been found in it, however it is not a rich source of them.

i've cut back on caffeine, no more daily habit, feel a buzz from a cup of tea etc

assumed i was meant to eat the whole 20g jar of chocamine then found out this wasn't the case. doesn't taste nearly as good as it smells but i will say that i am thoroughly energised and my mood has gone from total shit to rather good.

found it did not provide the mental clarity that a certain powerful stimulant does, but very good physical stimulation, in fact i was jiving so hard i tweaked a nerve in my hip and might have made myself a bit sick from thrashing. either that or it just made me feel a little bit sick (on the comedown).

i found that it came on strong even before the one hour mark, in this instance.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

a very persistent headache can apparently be totally subdued by three subs. still some kind of pressure or sense that the headache was there but zero pain.